Crossroads

Unlucky or Lucky?

Luck has never been on my side, and tonight was proof of that. It started out like any Thursday, I woke up went for a jog on the beach and showered. I grabbed an apple and water and ran out the door. I had a lot to deal with at work. Today was delievery day at the club as well as inventory and the usual meeting of the minds with my partner and staff.

I guess I should back up and explain, my name is Jennifer, Jen for short. I have always hated the name, I shared it with millions and longed to be different. Well what I did have control of if not my name is my career. My family wanted me to go the traditional route college, get married, pop out a few babies, the white picket fence, you know the deal. Not for me, I wanted to experience life, have fun and do it on my terms.Needless to say my family was not too happy when I told them my plans, basically what was said was do it our way or don't bother to show your face around here.

Let's back up again, my mother and father both came from wealthy families, they did as their family asked so they could have the livestyle they live now. My father was a business man who brokered large fianancial deals in and out of the country with powerful businessmen and companies, while my mother was an accountant who gave everything up once she started having children. She was content with her lifestyle choice and wanted nothing more than for me to follow suit, I on the other hand had other plans. I was rebellious and did everything I could to go in the opposite direction that my parents tried to push me.

Once I graduated from high school I set out on my own working first in a restaurant in Huntington Beach that was when I first met him. He was a gorgeous, cocky 20 year old with tattooes and beautiful green eyes. He was with a small group of guys all somewhat intimidating. I caught him watching me a few times, I smiled back and continued on with work hoping the night would come to an end so I could head home. My shift was over at 9pm, but the restaurant was open till midnight and with it being close to the weekend it was busy.

I had clocked out and was heading out, I had just got a text and wasn't paying attention to where I was going when I ran into someone. My phone fell from my hands , my purse slipped from my arm and I stumbled back. I looked up into those beautiful green eyes. He reached down and picked up my phone handing it to me, I blushed with embarassment I said, "I'm sorry, I should have been payng attention to where I was going," He said, "Well I was looking for a way to get your attention all night," I said, "Is that so?" He said, "So are you busy tonight?" I said, "Actually, I have plans with a friend," As if on que RJ showed up, we have been friends since we were younger. RJ and I dated briefly only to find we worked out better as friends, not that we didn't get together from time to time.

I looked into those beautiful green eyes and said, "I'm sorry again for running into you." He said, "Hopefully it will happen again." I smiled as Rj walked over and took my hand he said, "You ready to go?" I said, "Yeah." I smiled and walked away taking one last glance back only to see him still watching me. Once we got to RJ's truck he said, "So how do you know Zack?" I said, "Who's Zack?" He said, "Uh, the guy that was totally undressing you with his eyes, the one who had you blushing back there? And I have to say it is something I had never seen you do before," I said, "RJ I have no idea what you are talking about." He said, "Fine live in denial but he wanted you."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmmm....what do you think? continue or trash?