‹ Prequel: Northern Downpour

Waking Up in Vegas

01

Haley's head pounded as she pulled the covers over her face. That would be the last time she would celebrate with Kevin and his friends after the after-party. The whole night was a complete blur. In-fact the last thing she remembered was taking a drink from Kevin at the Ghost bar. Haley had gotten off from the Burton party and had ended up just following the crowd, having run into Kevin while she was serving. She had nowhere else to go but back to her hotel anyways.

The body in the bed next to her shifted and she weakly turned to see who it was. A tuft of blonde hair peeked out from under the other side of the covers. Haley gasped and covered her mouth quietly. They hadn't. Haley's head dipped under the covers. They had. Cool metal touched her mouth and she squinted.

A gold band was wrapped around her ring finger.

Oh. They really hadn't... had they?

"Kevin." Haley whispered as she struggled to sit up, her head still pounding as she reached to shake the boy next to her.

"Hmph." The older man made a noise and turned over.

Haley gave the still sleeping man another hard shove, "Kevin Pearce. Wake. Up. Right this instant." She said.

When the older didn't move she headed to the bathroom to desperately try to wake herself up. "This is a nightmare." She said as she splashed cold water onto her face. Haley looked down at her clothes, what must have been one of Kevin's shirts, following by the ring on her finger, just a plain gold band. Knowing her in her drunken state— she must have insisted on nothing flashy. "Fuck." She muttered as she turned back to stand in the doorway, pushing her hand through her long brown hair and watching Kevin sleep.

She looked around the room and it was trashed. Streamers, confetti, and champagne glasses and bottles were everywhere. Her clothes crumpled on the floor and Kevin's beside them. How drunk had they been? Clearly by the ring on her finger, they had been drunk enough that someone allowed them to marry each other... Why didn't anyone stop them?!

Haley quickly put her pants on and grabbed her things. She scrawled a brief note and left it bedside on the pillow, "Kevin, please meet me downstairs at noon for brunch.— Haley"

With that Haley left back to her own room, slamming the door on they way out.

Kevin woke when a door slammed. Too bad that wasn't the only thing that was slamming— he had a headache from hell. He rolled over and his face crunched on a piece of paper. The older man let out an audible groan as he picked up the paper to read it. His vision was still blurry. He must still be drunk.

"Haley." His tired voice muttered.

His own recollection of the night was fuzzy. He was at the Burton party, saw Haley, invited her out to the Ghost bar with the lot of them. She showed at Ghost bar and they took some shots, but, then it got fuzzy from there. Kevin raised his left hand to look at this watch, "11:30." he muttered, his eyes catching the sight of a platinum band on his ring finger. That was a new addition that wasn't there last night.

Shit.

His memory was fuzzy, he could remember white walls and an Elvis, and a wedding. But surely they didn't, no one in their right mind would have let them do that. He wouldn't do that. His parents would murder him if he did such a thing without them there. Hell, they'd murder him for just thinking about it.

Kevin figured at the very least he should try to clean himself up and then sober up before heading down to meet Haley for brunch and they could get last night's events all sorted out.

At least, he hoped between the two of them that they could sort out what happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
Title: Waking Up In Vegas by Katy Perry.

Hope you like it. It's supposed to be a continuance of my story Northern Downpour. It just sets up for everything here though. This I hope will be entertaining and interesting.