‹ Prequel: Northern Downpour

Waking Up in Vegas

12

Kevin was tired, he'd been on the road and he missed Haley. He felt bad, having missed her call multiple times but every message was something new for him to look forward to. A date for their wedding. Haley telling her parents (though from the messages, Kevin gathered it hadn't gone that well). Haley found a wedding dress. Kevin had a tux appointment. All the details of the wedding that seemed to be rapidly approaching.

Kevin wasn't going to protest as Haley handled all the details, down to the colors and photographer (Though, to be honest, he felt humbled that Haley chose White and Green for their colors because he was a huge Boston Celtics fan and, well, everyone knew it). He wished that perhaps he'd had more input but he trusted Haley. He went to his tux fittings and before long the days on the road turned in to weeks, the weeks into months, and, their wedding day had arrived.

Haley had rented a few large white tents, filled with heaters to keep guests warm as it was rather chilly in Vermont. Kevin was blindfolded (at Haley's request) as he arrived at the venue. Once they arrived and Adam helped Kevin out of the limo, Kevin was allowed to remove the blindfold. He was surprised to see his family's barn decorated in their wedding colors and the tents outside beyond the barn with a makeshift gazebo and chairs. Everything was white and green.

Haley sat nervously with her mother, Andrew's wife, Haley and Pia in a room that was inside the barn, away from the groom and groomsmen. She couldn't believe they had come this far. Pia and her mother helped her into her flowing wedding dress, her mother laughing and crying all at once as Haley helped do the back of the dress. It was cold outside but they had a heat in the dressing area and she kept as warm as she could before having to go into the cold. Once the ceremony was over however they could eat in the barn (which Simon and the rest of the Pearce family had graciously re-arranged for the wedding) and dance the night away.

Before they knew it, Kevin was walking down the aisle with Pia and Haley's father was grasping her arm. Kevin was nervous as he looked up when everyone stood for Haley. He loved her down, it was long and flowing and it hugged her in all the right places and she looked beautiful and he was blown away. This is the wedding that Kevin would remember.

Haley could see Kevin at the end of the aisle, she smiled through her veil as her dad kissed her cheek, "I love you honey. You're so beautiful." He whispered in her ear. Kevin himself looked wonderful and handsome in the tux and she felt very lucky to have made it this far with Kevin. She knew that if they could make it after all of this, they could make it for good. They were determined to love each other. If anything else, this was proof.

To both Kevin and Haley, the words were simple, perhaps a little generic, but when it came time to their vows, it was personal. Kevin went first, taking out a small piece of paper to read from, "Haley James. When I first laid eyes on you, I knew I had to have you. It didn't matter if I was wish someone, you were what I wanted. I know we have had our rough patches and this hasn't been a cakewalk, but, I know that I love you and I promise that no matter what, I'm going to keep loving you because you are the light of my life and I can't wait to spend the rest of it with you."

Under the veil, Haley was crying, happy tears of course. She turned to hand her bouquet to Haley, who in turn handed her the vows she'd written beforehand. "Kevin. I know that from today forward we can overcome anything life throws our way. We have been through our own trials and tribulations both together and apart. I know that at first, this wasn't easy to deal with, but here we are. For the last several months I have found nothing but comfort in you, your voice, your smile. I love you and I can't wait to spend forever with you."

As new rings were exchanged and the end of the vows came to a close, Kevin and Haley stood hand-in-hand in front of everyone who had seen them through the good, the bad, and the ugly. Haley looked up as Kevin lifted the veil, she had felt a small drop of water quickly followed by more. It was raining. She laughed as Kevin kissed her in the rain. She was happy. Kevin was laughing and happy. This was almost surreal.

Kevin and Haley walked down the aisle, hand-in-hand, and smiling together as "I now pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Kevin Pearce." Kevin leaned down to kiss the top of Haley's head as they made their way to the barn, "Well Mrs. Pearce, are you ready for the next chapter?" Kevin asked.

Haley laughed, wiping at her eyes, looking up her husband, "I'm ready for anything Mr. Pearce."
♠ ♠ ♠
Title Credit: Miss California by Jack's Mannequin

Hope you enjoyed reading this, sorry this end was... not as detailed but I didn't want to keep dragging this out. Keep your eyes peeled in the coming months, I'm currently working on a rewrite and Also a new story (so far I just have the outline done) to be coming soon.