Status: In Progress

I Hate Everything About You

Chapter 1

My unnaturally blue eyes fluttered slightly open as a noticeable heat began to wash over me, starting at my feet and crawling its way up my body. I pulled the blanket tighter to my chest and, snuggling back into the pillow, let my eyes fall shut once more. I was no stranger to the feeling, as it was one I’d been sensing for the last five years or so, but it still never went unnoticed.

I heard the door open then close and instantly his presence surrounded me, even though he was nowhere near the bed yet. My body instinctively tensed, muscles awake and alert to his every action as I listened to him move about the room.

Usually, I was able to sleep through his meanderings in the room, but after the night we’d had, I couldn’t help but fear him. The night had been filled with us yelling and screaming at each other, for the hundredth time, and ended with him throwing me to the floor. I was fully aware of the tenderness in my ass from falling to the marble floor in the darkness of the Hellish night before.

“I know you’re awake, Josephine,” he grumbled from the far side of the room. I sighed and opened my eyes once more and searched for him. He rummaged through the bureau, still shirtless from when he finally came to bed, his tattooed back glistening from the sheen of sweat that covered him. I sat up in the king sized, four poster bed, my back resting on the headboard and ran my hand through my moderately curly, black hair.

He faced me as he pulled a pair of pants over his short boxer briefs. The man still intrigued me, no matter how badly he battered me.

It wasn’t often that he hit me. He had a temper, sure, but he would rarely take his anger out on me.

Unfortunately, when he did, he nearly beat me senseless. There were pros and cons to his volatile personality, I suppose.

“Get dressed,” he ordered, throwing a short dress in my direction, only for it to land barely on the foot of the bed. “We’re meeting Zane and Cayden at The Boundary.”

“The Boundary? Where are you going?” I asked, leaning over to pick up the dress before sliding out of bed and slipping into it, zipping it up.

“Nowhere. You three are going,” he replied nonchalantly. I stopped, my underwear at my knees just a few inches below the hem of my dress.

“What?”

“Three years and you still won’t change your underwear in front of me?” I didn’t answer him, but held his gaze. He rolled his eyes and kept rummaging through the closet. “You, Cayden and Zane are passing over The Boundary and into the realm of the mortals—your people.”

“What about you?” I was able to ask after overcoming the initial shock. I fished through the drawers to find an acceptable pair of panties. I found an all lace, pink pair and held it up to him, which earned a nod of approval from him.

“I have other business here that I need to attend to. Cayden will take care of you.”

“I know,” I said softly, stepping into the lingerie and pulling it over my firm butt.

“Then what’s the issue?” He was getting annoyed already. I hadn’t been awake for fifteen minutes and I’d already aggravated him.

Way to go, Josie, I told myself sarcastically.

“I just don’t know why we’re going over The Boundary in the first place…”

“It’s none of your concern.” I froze, mouth agape in disbelief.

“Eros…”

“Josephine,” he growled, his voice short and firm. I knew then that the discussion was over. I shut up about crossing over and sat at the vanity to take a look at the damage he’d caused his time.

I had a cut on my lip, a hand shaped bruise around my neck and a few small cuts on my shoulders.

I was lucky. It could have been a thousand times worse than this. I took some cover-up off the table and began to apply it to my face and neck in an almost futile attempt to hide Eros’ attack on me.