Status: For my nee-chan~

Crystal Butterflies

Always There

Crystal gazed dreamily at the snow as it slowly fell from the sky. She loved how crisp the night air was and that it was clear with the moon casting its glow across the wintery scene. She had waited for this season for so long. Winter was her favorite season for a specific reason. It was not only for the chilly weather that brought carefully cut crystals from the heavens to bring out the beautiful landscape.

She took in a deep breath then slowly let it out. She loved taking in the cold air in a deep breathe, feeling it embrace her inside. She slowly opened her deep emerald eyes to gaze at the fresh snow in front of her. She sat down on the fresh powder to look at each flake shimmer from the moon's rays. She was hoping that he would arrive soon. He meaning the boy she had grown to love.

Ever since she was little, she heard about the legend of Jack Frost. He was a mischievous spirit that would play tricks on people even nip frost at the ends of their noses. Crystal loved the winter time and she started to believe in Jack Frost. Most of the time she would be outside in the snow, waiting for Jack Frost to arrive. There were a few times where she caught a cold from just being outside too long. This didn't stop her at all. She wanted to see Jack Frost. He had to be real.

One day while she was waiting roaming outside of her small town to continue her search for Jack. Crystal had found a stick she could use for walking and even to draw in the snow. When she found a clearing in the forest, she decided this would be the spot where she would see Jack. She then began to draw a heart then wrote Jack in the middle. She smiled at it but it faded when she felt a snowball hit the side of her head. She fell to the ground on top of her new drawing. Crystal looked up to see the local boys in her town with snow balls in their hands.

"Well looky here. Looking for Jack Frost again, Crystal?" the lead boy snorted.

"Uh huh," Crystal replied as she wiped the snow from her hair.

Another one of the boys threw a snowball at her before she could get up. The lead boy walked over to Crystal, "Jack Frost isn't real. He is made up for little babies like you to believe in."

"You're wrong! Jack is real!" Crystal sniffed while feeling tears nip at her eyes.

"Aww look at the little baby cry guys!" he started to laugh making his lackeys chortle as well.

Crystal began to cry, making her hide her face from them. Soon the laughter was cut short only to be replaced by screams. Crystal looked up to see that snowballs were being thrown at the boys. She blinked, almost not believing what she was seeing. The boys began to hightail it back to town while leaving her alone. Crystal began to look around for her savior only to see that she was alone. Who helped her?

"Hello?" Crystal spoke softly.

She then looked at the snow in front of her begin to move. She blinked to see that a heart was being drawn in the snow. Her eyes widened as she saw this. Once the heart was completely drawn out, a person began to form in front of her. She gasped when she saw a boy with silver hair that shimmered like the snow and blue eyes that were bright like the moon. Crystal instantly knew who this was, "J-Jack Frost?"

He smiled at her then poked the end of her nose, making her giggle. She wrinkled her nose when she felt the chill. He laughed a little and looked at her.

"It's me, Crystal," he said softly, "You believed in me so much that I had to protect you."

Crystal smiled and could feel a fear tears fall from her eyes from happiness. Jack wiped her tears away to make them into ice crystals. He showed them to her, making her giggle. Crystal was happy that she finally found Jack Frost.

Crystal was grateful to Jack for saving her. From that day on, the boys didn't bother being cruel to her again or even speak to her. She even met Jack at the clearing every day in winter. Throughout the years, Crystal began to fall in love with Jack. She didn't care if he was a spirit and only she could see him, he was her friend and he made her happy. They would play games and Jack would even make small ice sculptures for her. She had a feeling too that she made Jack happy, especially since she believed in him and kept him company during the wintry season in her town.

Soon she felt cold air brush against her cheeks, making them rosy tinted. She opened her eyes to see the blue eyes that she loved more than anything. He smiled back at her and poked the end of her nose, making her wrinkle it. Jack chuckled as Crystal giggled when he did that. Crystal smiled at him and poked his nose. Jack laughed and smirked a little at her.

"Hey, that's my job," Jack huffed playfully.

"Two can play that game," Crystal said looking into his eyes with a smile.

Jack smiled and then sat down in front of her, "I have a present for you."

"Really?" Crystal asked almost excitedly, "Is it one of your pretty sculptures?"

"Even better," Jack said as he reached into the pocket of his hoodie.

He then pulled out a snow globe that had two ice figures inside that looked like Jack and Crystal. Crystal could feel her breath catch in her throat when she saw it. It was absolutely gorgeous. She carefully took it from him and shook it a little to see the snow fly around the little ice figures.

"I had Santa help me make it," Jack explained, "So when winter leaves... you'll always think of me."

Crystal looked from the snow globe to Jack's deep blue eyes. She smiled and could feel tears slip from her eyes. She places the snow globe by her so she could hold his hands. Jack smiled and intertwined his fingers with hers. Crystal knew that she was in love with Jack. Just seeing him made her heart fly and the butterflies took flight in her stomach. Jack leaned in close to her face, nuzzling his nose against hers. She could feel his cool skin against hers making her smile. His lips soon brushed against hers.

"I love you, Crystal," Jack replied softly.

Crystal closed her eyes, making more tears of happiness fall, "I love you, Jack Frost."

Crystals felt the icy coolness of his breath caress her lips. She then felt his lips press against hers in a chaste kiss. She pressed her lips against his and could feel the happiness bubble in her stomach.
Every night during the winter time, Crystal would meet her dear Jack Frost in their secret spot.

Whenever winter left, Crystal kept the snow globe by her bedside as a reminder that her beloved Jack Frost would be there for her no matter what and would always come back for her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had written this to make my nee-chan happy. Also because she's got me hooked on Rise of the Guardians now. I wrote this while talking to my nee-chan, watching Pewdiepie and listening to the Sherlock Holmes theme "Discombobulate" on repeat. What the fuck am I on? -.-;;;;;