‹ Prequel: It's Only a Dance Step
Status: Will be as active as I can! (Comments and Susbcribers mean the WORLD to me!)

It's Only You and Me

Chapter One

“Come on guys! AGAIN!”

We all looked at each other and sighed as we started from the top.

John, the instructor and owner of The Walking Dance Company had been pushing us nonstop this past week. In two days we are to perform Follow The Leader by Jennifer Lopez, on the Santa Monica beach for this Hispanic Festival here in Los Angeles. And he wasn’t going to stop until he felt we were ready.

And it seemed like we were far from ready.

The dance crew and I went through all the movements and were about to finish the bridge of the song until John cut the music off and shook his head rapidly.

“NO! What is going on with you guys! Seriously! You do remember we have a performance in two days no? And you do know that we are also using this performance in hopes of recruiting new people who are looking for a place to dance in right? Now, if you know all this, which I am certain you do, then why are you NOT giving me what I want?” He looked at each and every one of us in the eye after he finished his question. There were fourteen of us, including myself.

Fourteen of us who had no clue on what he wanted.

But of course, there will always be one in the group who will be brave and speak what was on everyone’s mind. The one and only, Percilla.

“And what EXACTLY are you looking for John! For shits shake! We are killing our asses off here! And yet we are still not giving you what you want? You have got to be joking!” She rolled her eyes and shook her head.

I had to give it to her, she spoke for all of us. I glanced at Damon who shook his head and ran a hand through his hair. I knew he was thinking the same, but in his mind he wouldn’t have asked in such a way.

But it was too late to take anything back.

“You think I’m joking Percilla? Really! Well guess again, I’M. NOT!” He threw his hands up in the air in frustration and then placed his hands on his hips. “We are done here. I can’t work with what you guys are giving me. Go home. Get drunk. Get laid. I honestly don’t care. But come back tomorrow morning with something that I CAN work with.” He dismissed us and went back into his office.

The rest of us stood there for a couple seconds before we knew for sure he wasn’t going to come back out and tell us to work on another dance to distract ourselves. He did that often these days. When we didn’t get a dance he wanted right, or he wanted us to work with a free mind, he made us dance a piece that we had in the past to bring back good memories. He, most often than not, wanted us to transmit whatever energy we had used back then into the new piece we were working on.

And most of the time, that did the trick.

But now it looked like John didn’t want any kind of energy we used back then to be transmitted into this piece. He simply wanted something fresh.

“Relax…” That soothing word would never get old. A word that I longed for every night when I was stressing for whatever reason. A word that came from the one who was able to make me forget it all with a single kiss.

Damon.

I turned around to look up at him with a soft smile as he rubbed his hands up and down my arms. Chuckling a bit, I did relax from his touch. “You always know the trick don’t you?” I said, titling my head and looking into his dark black eyes.

He smiled and pressed his forehead against mine. “Always.”

“Get a room!” Percilla said rolling her eyes. Even though she had a voice that I appreciated when it came to speaking up when no one else did, she still got on my nerves when it came to anything that had to do with Damon and me.

“But they aren’t even doing anything that’s PG-13 yet!” Jeff, one of the dancers, announced with a wide smile.

Damon and I chuckled while we heard them continue to argue and I closed my eyes as I kept my forehead against his.

“I’ll meet you back at the hotel. Let me go talk to John real quick.” He said softly.

“I can wait.” I replied, opening my eyes.

He shook his head and kissed my forehead. “I won’t be long. Promise.” He gave me a gentle kiss, which I replied with a smile and wrapped my arm around his neck pulling him closer.

“You see, NOW we are getting more PG-13!” Jeff clapped his hands making Damon and I pull back with laughter.

“I’ll see you in a bit.” Damon told me with a smile and went into John’s office.

I rolled my eyes and smiled at Jeff who gave me an innocent smile back. Jeff was a dirty blond with blue eyes. He had manners and a killer body. He pretty much had the whole package and any girl would craved to get their hands on him. But he was also a good person to talk to and a person who understood a lot about life then he leads you to think. He was Damon’s best friend and like a brother to me.

I waved goodbye to him and the rest of the crew as they continued to get ready to go. Picking up my dance bag, I threw it over my shoulder and got a cab. I told him the hotel the dancers and I were staying at and looked at my phone.

When we arrived at the hotel, I thanked the man and handed him his money. The hotel was wonderful. It was also very expensive. But John knew a lot of people, and those people were always good to him. I made my way up to my room and walked in. I dropped my bag on the couch and stretched.

I definitely needed a nice hot shower to relax these muscles.

I took my clothes off and hopped into the oh-so-wonderful hot shower. I closed my eyes and smiled as the water ran down my back. This was heaven.

Twenty minutes or so later, I was in my p-jays and robe when I heard a knock on my door. I looked through the peephole and couldn’t stop a smile from forming on my lips as I saw Damon. But as I opened the door, I noticed him furiously texting away on his phone. I frowned a bit and crossed my arms.

He looked up and noticed what I was wearing. “We are going out tonight.”

“Tonight?” I asked raising my eyebrows.

He chuckled and smiled. “Yes Desera. Tonight.” He turned around to head towards his room and then said over his shoulder. “Dress in something...fun.”

As I watched him leave I laughed to myself. I had heard that phrase before. A phrase that was used when he took me out for the first time. And a phrase that made me feel like a small part of our history was about to repeat itself.
♠ ♠ ♠
HELLO!!! GOSH DAMNIT! It feels just SOOOOO good to be writing this story again! It’s been…16 days since I finished, It’s Only a Dance Step! Lol!!! I knowwww it’s been a long time! I’m sorry!!!! I had to finish this story called, Corps de Swans for this contest, so I had to put all my stories on hold for a bit! So, check that short story out and tell me what ya think if you guys want! But now, I promise I’ll be right on track. ALSO I’M OUT OF SCHOOL!!! Yes!!!! Summer vacation is here, meaning I will have more time (hopefully) to write! =)

Now, like I’ve said a million times before…ONTO THE STORY! What do you guys think of the chapter!!!!??? Tell me tell me! I was so happy to see that I had 24 subscribers, 3 comments, and 3 recommendations right off the bat before I even had the first chapter up! =) Thank you guys, SO MUCH!

Follow The Leader by Jennifer Lopez:


Now, regarding those who have commented…
Allicat, I’m SOOOO HAPPY that you loved the first story! And hope this chapter made up for the long wait!
humanik, Hahaha! Loved your comment! Made me laugh =p But, hope my explanation above explains why I’ve hadn’t had time to update this story! And ALSO hope this chapter made up for it!
Pigface84, Well aren’t you lucky!! The day you commented, the day I posted the first chapter!!! Lol! Extremely glad that you enjoy how this story’s summary!

Thank you guys so much for reading and pleaseeeeee comment and tell me what you think! I love reading them!

Comment/Subscribe/Recommend! Love ya’ll!