Status: In- Progress. Warning, sexual content.

Invasion: Red Dawn

Run for Your Life

My desk rumbled. I opened one eye and saw my cup of water fall of the nightstand. I jumped up. I slipped on my black jacket and ran out in just my silk pajama pants and I saw my mother and father screaming for me. I ran to them.
Men. Lots of them, started to come down onto the ground. Parachutes slowing their fall. Paratroopers. I knew this because my older brother was KIA in the army. He had told me stories and showed me different facts about the military.
“Mom? What's going on?” I asked. She placed a hand to my face and brushed a brown strand of hair behind my ear.
“North Korea, hun.” She spoke. “They're invading.” She began to dry.
Shortly after she said that guns went off, and more bombs were dropped. The ground shook beneath my bare feet. My instinct was to flee, but instead I grabbed my Mom and Dad's hands and ushered them into the house. Maybe they wouldn't bother people in houses.
We got inside and I put on actual jeans and boots. I slipped on a black tanktop and combed my hair into a clip.
“Daddy? Dad, do you have any--”
“Guns? Rifles and pistols in the back closet.” He said, knowing what I was going to say.
Where was this sudden leadership gene coming from? Maybe I got it from my Dad because he was already slipping an old bulletproof vest on my Mom and then handed a camo one to me.
“Your brothers.” He said, zipping it up.
We sat in the house and we hid in our bathroom. Locking it and hiding behind the shower curtain. We had to stop my Mom from sobbing because it echoed in the bathroom.
About an hour later our door was busted down. We heard a foreign language yelled multiple times and more doors were busted open. We heard the bathroom door bust. We heard the clicking of a gun and we knew we were in for it.
My Dad held me close and kissed my head. A hand flung the curtain open and the man shouted at us. We held our hands up as he forced us to lower our weapons. He grabbed my Mom and yanked her out, she screamed for me and my Dad but they separated us.
“Run. Run, Emma.” My Dad whispered.
“Go find some people to help you, we'll be fine!” He said as the Korean paratroopers pulled him out.
I waited until they pulled me out and took me out my front door. I looked around. Smoke was coming from many streets and houses. I saw my neighbor Robert and Darrel standing panting. Then a truck pulled up quickly and I bolted. The men shouted and cocked their guns.
Robert's head whipped into my direction. I focused on his wide light brown wide pupils and his jet black hair. He shoved Darrel in and waved to me.
“C'mon Amelia!” He shouted. He helped me in and then got in himself and we drove off as the men began to shoot.
“I looked in the back windsheild and saw a blonde haired man that was well built driving, and a boy not much older than me with long black hair and he was gripping the dash as we drove quickly.
He stopped roughly and a silver car pulled up next to us. It was Pete and a few others.
“What should we do?” Pete yelled out the window.
“Stay on my ass!” The blonde man yelled. He had a low voice and he looked in the rear view his eyes were blue and they met mine.
“Hold on!” He slammed on the gas and Robert and Darrel launched forward. Robert held my arm so that I wouldn't fall forward also.
I nodded to him and gulped. Silently thanking God that he had done that.
I noticed a green Grand Cherokee had attached to the back as we drove. Then a group of Korean vehicles approached our flank.
“Look out!” I screamed.
The man sped up and so did the white car. The Grand Cherokee was smashed against a tree. Many of the Koreans fell out of their vehicles. Lots of them were injured.
After about a half hour of driving we reached a cabin. Robert, Darrel and I sat in silence, trying to take in the fact that our world had just been spun around in the wrong direction.
The blonde man got out of the car and walked quickly away from the group. He had to be at least 6 foot or taller. He was well built and sighing heavily.
Pete slowly approached him. “Jed?” He asked. “What do we need to do?” He continued.
The black haired boy got out of the passenger seat and leaned on the truck. “Everyone alright?” He asked. Robert and I nodded.
“What the hell happened man?” Darrel asked, his voice slightly cracked.
“I-I don't know.” He answered.
He looked to me. He held his hand out. “I'm Matty.” He said. I shook his hand. “Emma.”
Jed walked back. “We need to survive, that's what we need to do. Everyone into the cabin.” He said.
We all followed him in and we all raided the place. Finding every scrap of food and every gun in the house. Jed and Matty passed the guns out and Robert looked hesitant. He took it anyways and hand me two pistols.
I half smiled. “Your parents, they got taken didn't they?” He asked.
“Yeah. B-But my Dad is tough. So is my Mom, she just doesn't show it much.” I answered.
Robert looked away. Darrel flopped onto the couch. A darker man gave the out of town couple a blanket and then Jed gave the man a rifle.
“Do you know how to use this?” Jed asked.
“Yes.” The man said. “I'm Greg and this is my wife, Julie.” Jed nodded.
We spent most of the time in silence. We introduced ourselves to each other and after that we all stayed with the people we knew the most, in small groups.
I sat next to Robert and Darrel and we fidgeted with out guns. I leaned over and whispered to Robert. “You know how to use a gun?” Robert didn't make eye contact and just shook his head.
“No. You?” He asked. I shook my head.
“Not really. I've just seen one shot, never shot one myself.” Darrel spoke up, “Maybe Jed'll help.” A man that introduced himself as Danny spoke up, “We'll see.” He said.

Soon an engine sound started to approach the cabin. Jed ran out and told everyone to prepare their weapons. Matty followed him and Jed pushed him back in.
“Get all the lights off. Now!” He exclaimed. Matty ran back in and started turning off all the lights.
“C'mon, everyone, get the lights off.” He yelled.
Soon the whole house was dark. I could swear I heard everyone's heart beating at the same pace as we waited for Jed to shoot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the beginning chapter! Please leave comments as to how I'm doing!