Status: In- Progress. Warning, sexual content.

Invasion: Red Dawn

Cry with Me

Matty sucked in a breath and spoke, "How could you just leave? We can't leave him Jed!" Jed turned.
Sympathy filled his eyes but they flashed away, "We have to get out of here, we need to find a new place to stay Matty. You and I are not the only ones who matter here." Jed said. He began to walk and Robert helped me up and walked next to me really close, as if saying he was there for me.
Daryl and Danny followed close behind us with Greg and Julie behind them. Matty stuck at the back of the pack with Toni.
"Are you okay?" I heard Robert's voice ask. I sighed.
I pulled my hair forward and began to braid it. "I guess so. I just hope your parents are alright. Mine too." Robert smiled.
"They're out there. I know it, we have to make it back to the city." Jed stopped.
"We aren't going back to the city." He said sternly. "Its to dangerous."
"Hey, some of us have parents there still! We have to get them out!" Toni walked forward placing a hand on his shoulder.
"I..I didn't know how to tell you Robert. I'm really sorry." My eyes widened. Robert stood still I walked up to him but he walked down the hill.
"I..think its time we rested. We make camp here." Jed said and took the group away.
I walked down the hill and stood next to him. He ran a hand through his black hair and sighed, his voice shaking.
"I-I'm okay, really." I saw tears slip from his eyes.
"Really." His chisled face broke in front of me.
My heart broke with his. This boy had wrapped my emotions with his so much. He sobbed and I placed my hands on his face. I caught each tears as they hit my palm. I sobbed with him, they killed every parent of our group. Which meant there wasn't any hope for my Mom and Dad either.
Robert dropped his gun and pulled my waist to him. He shoved his face into my shoulder and I just wrapped my arm around his neck.
His shoulders shook as he cried. I stroked his black hair and cried into his shoulder also.
"Amelia."
"For godsakes Robert call me Emma!" I exclaimed.
I felt a slight chuckle shake his shoulder. "Emma." It sent chills through my spine as he said it.
They way he said it right then was so sexy. It was muffled by my shoulder and I felt the vibrations of his low voice on my neck.
He pulled back. "Sorry. I just cried like a baby on your shoulder." He wiped my shoulder.
"So did I you know." I sniffed.
He picked up his gun and then waved his head toward me. "Let's get back to the camp."
I nodded and walked in front of him. I felt so horrible. Here we all were in the middle of an invasion and I was falling for my former nextdoor neighbor. I used to think all he did was drink soda and play video games, which he does, but I never knew he grew to be such a hot guy. He had abs, obviously, I just hugged him. Plus his voice was so deep and chilling.
We reached the camp and my thought seized when I saw everyone sitting broodily on the logs. Matty threw Robert a blanket and looked back to the fire.
"Only have one left, you'll have to share." Robert looked to me and shrugged.
"I don't mind." I smiled.
We sat on the ground by the fire and he wrapped the blanket around us. I found myself staring at the fire.
Half of the groups parents were all dead. Jed was an ex marine so having him was like having a parent on the team, also he knew how to teach us to shoot. Toni seemed good with a gun, Matty too.
"Robert, Emma, come with me." Jed's voice called.
We stood and walked into the woods after him. I watched his shoulders shake as he jumped down the hills.
"Here, shoot." He pointed Robert's gun at a deer.
"I-I can't." Jed rolled his eyes.
"Come on, yes you can. Just do it." Robert sighed and looked into the scope.
He lined up then pulled the trigger. Jed laughed and patted him on the back.
"Alright, Emma your turn." Robert handed me the gun and he pointed the barrel on a turkey.
I took a deep breath and pulled the trigger. "There, you see you two aren't worthless." We walked and skinned the animals and took them back to eat.
I think Robert and I were more comfortable shooting now.

After we all ate, Robert and I fell asleep talking. He was leaning on the log and I had my head on his lap. We were hunting for constallations. After we found Orion's belt we passed out.

I woke to fire, burning through the camp and Robert carrying me, screaming, "Her leg! Her leg!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Third chapter up. Thanks for the comments! MORE PLEASE!