Status: So this is a Zayn Malik fan fiction, my current obsession. Enjoy it, darlings! And check out what the characters look like, tell me your thoughts in the comments! :)

My Saving Grace

My Saving Grace (A Zayn Malik Fan Fiction) - Chapter 1

I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom, dabbing foundation on my growing black and blue bruise. Crying silently from the sting that came along with it. I couldn't let Anna see this; She would flip out and then try to kill Ryan, even though she's a girl. I was lucky getting into the house and up the stairs without her seeing.

Ryan did this, but that's okay. I know he only did it because I got a little out of line, telling him that his grades were a little low and suggesting some studying with me. He punched me, but I'm fine with it. I still love him no matter what. I know his history with past girlfriends and how he has a really bad temper but we're in love; Love fixes everything, right? All I want is to be loved by a man. No man in my life, that I know personally like my father, ever loved me. That's all I want.

"Jennifer, dinners ready!" I heard Anna's voice yell up the stairs. I quickly finished putting on the makeup to cover my skin, dashing out of the bathroom and into my room to change my clothes. I stripped from my clothes that I wore for my date with Ryan and slipped into a red long sleeve shirt with some grey sweat shorts, tying my hair up all at the same time.

"Jenny?" She yelled up the stairs again, I finished my hair and put on my house slippers.

"Coming!" I replied, quickly going down the stairs to see her sitting on the couch, a box of pizza set on the coffee table. I smiled at her term of dinner. She looked up at me with a smile, a slice already in her hands. "Hey, Anna."

"Hey," She said slowly, her bright green eyes searching my face. "You okay?"

"Yeah, why?" I asked, plopping onto the couch next to her and taking a slice for myself.

"You don't seem like," She answered, searching my dark eyes with hers. I hated those bright eyes sometimes. If she stared at you long enough, you would spill everything. "you." She finished. I looked away from her and to the TV.

"I'm fine." I answered in monotone, I could feel her still staring down at me but then look away. "So, how was your day?" I asked, trying to change the subject. She sighed and placed her pizza on the plate.

"It was boring, the only part that wasn't was that I'm going on tour in two months!" She squealed, grabbing me by my shoulders and shaking me. I stared at her in disbelief.

"Oh wow, really? That's great! I'm coming, right?"

"Of course you are, I don't trust you enough to stay in the house alone!" She smiled, saying it in the sweetest way possible. I gave her a blank look.

"Can I take some friends?" I asked her, shifting back to my last position.

"Yeah, bring Samantha and someone else. You don't have to choose now, in a couple weeks, I'll tell you when." She grinned, eating her pizza again. I'll bring Samantha and Ryan, of course. He would flip if I brought someone else.

The rest of dinner was quiet, no more questions, a little talk, and the occasional giggle from watching Ridiculousness. After that, I got really tired so I headed upstairs to bed. Making sure that my makeup was still there, Anna has a habit of coming into the room when I'm sleep to check on me.

As soon as my head rested on the pillow, I fell asleep. A part of me was happy that I would get to see Ryan again tomorrow, the other side wished I wouldn't wake up at all.

::NEXT DAY; IN SCHOOL::

"Hey, babe." Ryan smirked, reaching behind me and clutching my bum, pulling me closer into his kiss. I hated when he did that, touch me without asking. But he a guy, so no big deal.

"Hi," I smiled once he broke the kiss. I hadn't seen him for the first three periods and it was already lunchtime so I was waiting at his locker for him and his insane football friends. We began to walk, his friends running about the hall throwing and catching footballs. Luckily, I didn't get knocked over.

"Yo, wassup, Jenny." One of Ryan's friends, Jake, nodded his head to me while running past me backwards to catch a ball, I just waved a little with a small smile. When he caught the ball, he looked at me and smiled bigger than I was, earning him a glare from Ryan as his arm wrapped around my waist and pulled me closer to him. Jake chuckled, putting his hands up defensively and throwing the ball back and forth until we reached the table. I wasn't hungry so I didn't get anything. I saw Samantha two tables away from us and she smiled and winked at me before going to talk to her friends again. I wish I could sit with them, always laughing, a bunch of girls just having fun, but Ryan makes me sit with all these guys and I swear they are so loud and annoying I just make up any excuse to get away from them when they get like that.

"Your not hungry, Jen?" I heard Ryan ask, snapping me from my thoughts. I smiled at his concern.

"No, I'm fine." I answered, sitting with him.

"Hey, you wanna go out again tonight, babe?" I stiffened visibly, he didn't see it though, which I was glad.

"Uh, yeah. Have nothing else planed." I faked a smile, it was a lie. Samantha asked me to go to her house and hang out for a while. His normal deep brown eyes harden.

"You better not." Was all he said before he turned back to his friends, throwing the football around the table. God. I texted Samantha with a sigh.

'Sorry, Sam. I have to decline the thing with going to your house. I'm really sorry, something came up. Some other time?' I sent it and looked back up, I couldn't tell her that Ryan asked me on a date and I said yes, what kind of friend would I be then? We hardly ever spend anytime together out of school and it's so frustrating. My phone vibrated and I tapped the screen.

'Yeah, it's cool.' Was all she sent to me, I could tell she was looking forward to us hanging out. A bubble of guilt filled my chest, I have to tell her something better.

'Hey, guess what? Anna is going on tour in two months! She told me that she had three backstage passes and one is for me, the other is for you, and last is for Ryan! :)' I sent it, hoping she would lighten up.

'Really, that's awesome! I can't wait! But... Ryan?' I stared down at the text in confusion.

'Yeah, Ryan. Who else would I bring?'

'Yeah, okay.'

That's all she texted back, what's up with her? She doesn't seem to have a problem with Ryan when I'm around. Hm, whatever.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alrightie, I know it's kinda short but I still hope you enjoyed. I wasn't feeling to well today so I couldn't do as much. Have fun reading!

Feedback, please?

- Hear_Abbie_Rawr! <3