Winter Is Coming

017:

“The mere suggestion that the Queen’s brother tried to kill your boy would be considered treason,” the man known as Petyr Baelish said to Lord and Lady Stark as I leaned against the wall in the corner of the room.

“We have proof! We have the blade!” Lady Stark said and I sighed and crossed my arms.

“Which Lord Tyrion will say was stolen from him. The only man who could say otherwise has no throat, thanks to your boy’s wolf-“

“He stabbed my friend,” I growled and glared at the man, “Attacked Brandon, attacked Lady Stark-“

“That’s enough,” Lord Stark said and I bit my lip and leaned against the wall again.

“Petyr has promised to help us find the truth. He’s like a little brother to me, Ned. He would never betray my trust,” Lady Stark said and I glared at Baelish.

‘…He’s in love with Lady Stark…’ I thought as my glared intensified, ‘…I don’t trust him…’

“I’ll try to keep you alive, for her sake,” Baelish said and I held back a scoff, “A fool’s task, admittedly, but I’ve never been able to refuse your wide anything.”

“I won’t forget this,” Lady Stark said and I stood up straight, “You’re a true friend.”

‘…Yeah right, he just wants to get into your pants…’

“Don’t tell anyone, I have a reputation to maintain,” Baelish said that’s when scoffed.

They finished speaking, Baelish left and we waited out in the room until it got a little darker, it would be easier to move around. Once it was time to go, I placed my hood up and walked over towards my horse, looking over to see Lord and Lady Stark saying their goodbyes.

“You watch yourself on the road, huh?” Lord Stark said and we all nodded our heads, “That temper of yours is a dangerous thing.”

“My temper?” Lady Stark laughed and I smirked, “Gods be good, you nearly killed poor Littlefinger today,” she said referring apparently to Baelish’s nickname.

“He still loves you,” Lord Stark said and I smirked, knowing that.

“Does he?” Lady Stark asked and I turned my head when they started to kiss.

‘…Awkward…’

“Off with you,” Lord Stark said and Lady Stark walked over towards Cassel and I, “Cynthia,” he called and I walked over, “Thank you for your help, I’d hate to ask of it again-“

“You’ve done so much for Jess and I, this is nothing,” I said and Lord Stark placed his hands on my shoulders and nodded his head.

“I’ll try to find any information about what happened to you,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Thank you.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“We have visitors,” Theon said as he walked into the room and I sighed and stood up.

“I don’t want to see anyone,” Brandon said and I looked at him sadly.

“Really? If I was cooped up all day with no one but this old bat and annoying girl for company, I’d go mad,” Theon said and I glared at him, “Anyway, you don’t have a choice, Robb’s waiting.”

“I don’t want to go,” Brandon said and I sat on the bed next to him and scratched Summer’s ear.

“Neither do I, but Robb’s Lord of Winterfell, which means I do what he says and you do what I say,” he said and I snorted and stood up.

“Bet you just love the fact that you have to take orders from Robb,” I smirked and Theon glared.

“Watch it, woman!”

“Or what?” I growled, seeing him flinch and I knew that my eyes were glowing.

“Robb wants him there,” Theon said and I sighed, “Hodor!”

“Who?” I asked and my eyes widened when a very big man walked into the room, or stomped, having to duck just to get through the door, “Woah.”

“Hodor?” Hodor said and I wondered why he repeated his name.

“Help Bran down the hall,” Theon ordered.

“Hodor.”

‘…Is he unbalanced?...’ I thought, trying to think of a less harsh word from weird.

“Robb would like you there as well,” Theon growled at me and I sighed, “Wearing a dress.”

“Dammit,” I growled but nodded my head.

I walked towards me room, being sure to shove past Theon, because I still didn’t like him. I walked inside my room and saw a dress already laid out on the bed. It was a pretty light blue strapless dress; I changed into it and then tied the strings in the front, just as Sansa had taught me. When I was finished, I threw my thin black cloak over the dress and walked out of the room and towards the hall.

“I like that dress,” I heard and turned my head to see Robb smirking at me as I walked through the hall doors.

“I figured you picked it out,” I smirked and Robb nodded his head, “Who’s here?”

“A Lannister,” he grumbled and I looked at him confused, “The Imp.”

“Oh,” I said and then Robb sighed and walked towards the long table and sat in the middle seat, right next to Luwin. I stayed in the back of the room and leaned against the wall, seeing Grey Wind trot into the room and lay under the table, right in front of Robb.

“I must say, I received a slightly warmer welcome on my last visit,” Tyrion Lannister said as he walked into the room.

“Any man from the Night’s Watch is welcome at Winterfell,” Robb said, looking towards the taller man that was standing in all black next to the Imp.

“Any man of the Night’s Watch, but not I, eh, boy?”

“I’m not your boy, Lannister. I’m Lord of Winterfell while my father is away,” Robb said and I smirked.

“Then you might learn a lord’s courtesy,” Tyrion started but then stopped and turned around when the door opened. I looked to my side to see Hodor walking in, carrying Brandon, “So it’s true,” I glared at the Imp, wondering if he was the other scent that I smelled that night, “Hello, Bran. Do you remember anything about what happened?”

“He has no memory of that day,” Maester Luwin said.

“Curious,” Tyrion said and I looked at Robb to see him glaring at the Imp.

“Why are you here?” Robb asked but the Imp ignored him and looked at Brandon.

“Would your charming companion be so kind as to kneel? My neck is beginning to hurt,” Tyrion said and I stood up straight, wondering what he was up to.

“Kneel, Hodor,” Brandon said and Hodor knelt down and I watched as Tyrion took a step closer.

“Do you like to ride, Bran?”

“Yes.” Brandon answered quickly, “Well, I mean I did like to.”

“The boy has lost the use of his legs,” Luwin said.

“What of it?” Tyrion said and I looked at him confused, “With the right horse and sadly, even a cripple can ride.”

“I’m not a cripple,” Brandon said sternly and I smirked.

“Then I’m not a dwarf,” he said and I growled, “My father will rejoice to hear it.”

‘…What is he playing at?...’ I growled and looked at Robb.

“I have a gift for you,” Tyrion said and then handed a paper to Brandon, “Give that to your saddler, he’ll provide the rest,” he said and Brandon started to open the rolled up paper, “You must shape the horse to the rider. Start with a yearling and teach it to respond to the reins and to the boy’s voice.”

“Will I really be able to ride?” Brandon asked.

“You will,” Tyrion said, “On horseback you will be as tall as any of them.”

“Is this some king of trick? Why do you want to help him?” Robb asked and I sighed.

“I have a tender spot in my heart for cripples, bastards and broken things,” Tyrion said and I snorted.

“You’ve done my brother a kindness,” Robb said and looked like he didn’t want to say what he was saying, “The hospitality of Winterfell is yours-“

“Spare me your false courtesies, Lord Stark. There’s a brothel outside your walls, there I’ll find a bed and both of us can sleep easier,” Tyrion said and then turned around and started to walk away, but not before looking at me and nodding his head.

Robb ordered everyone to leave except Hodor, Brandon and I, he wanted to see the paper, see what the Imp had given to Brandon.

“Is it possible to create?” Robb asked and I took the paper and looked at it, seeing the design of the chair that was made to help Brandon to ride a horse.

“I think so,” I said and then handed it back to Brandon, “Anything’s possible.”