Winter Is Coming

023:

“Why did you come here?” Maester Luwin asked Osha as I moved to the tables and sat down, staring at them.

“Didn’t mean to come here,” she said, stilling working on making brooms with the hay, “Meant to get must further south than this. As far south as south goes, before the long night comes.”

‘…Long night?...’

“Why? What are you afraid of?” Luwin asked.

“There’s things that sleep in the day and hunt at night,” Osha said.

‘…Vampires?...’ I smirked at my own joke.

“Owls and shadowcats-“

“I’m not talking about owls and shadowcats,” she cut off Luwin and I was confused as to what a shadowcat was.

“The things you speak of,” Luwin looked at me and then back at the girl, knowing that I had no clue what the two of them were talking about, “They’ve been gone for thousands of years.”

“They wasn’t gone, old man,” Osha asked and I leaned forward, really wishing that I knew what she was talking about, “They were sleeping, and they ain’t sleeping no more.”

‘…Vampires?...’ I thought again, but this time not as a joke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Lord Stark!” everyone turned around and prepared themselves for an enemy, the King was on the verge of death, things were a little crazy around King’s Landing. A guard stopped the man coming at towards us, but Lord Stark said that he was all right, “Lord Stark, King Joffrey and the Queen Regent…”

‘…King Joffrey?...’

“…request your presence in the Throne Room,” the messenger said and I growled.

‘…The King must be dead…’ I thought and heard Lord Stark question the ‘King Joffrey’.

“King Robert is gone,” the messenger informed, “The gods give him rest.”

I followed Lord Stark to the where he met up with Baelish and Varys outside the Throne Room walls. Baelish informed Lord Stark that the City Watch was under his command. I looked around at the men and then back at Baelish, I didn’t trust this man, and I made sure that Lord Stark knew that the other night.

I listened in as they talked about Lord Renly, the dead King’s younger brother running away towards the south. When they finished speaking, we headed towards the door, I stuck behind Lord Stark, my hood up, hiding my face, and I kept my head low, ‘…If I don’t it out of this, Jess is gunna bring me back and kill me herself…’ I reminded myself as we walked through the big doors and into the heavily guarded thrown room.

My eyes widened when I caught sight of the thrown that the Prince was sitting on, ‘…The Iron Thrown!...’ the same thrown from the drawing in the journal that Jessica and I were looking at when we were still in the library, ‘…This is freaky…’

“All hail His Grace, Joffrey of Houses Baratheon and Lannister, the First of His Name, King of the Andals and the First Men…”

‘…He is no King…’ I growled, hand clenched on my hilt and keeping in step with Lord Stark, being sure to watch the enemies around me.

“…and Protector of the Realm,” the man announced and I bit back a scoff as we walked closer to the Iron Thrown.

“I command the council to make all necessary arrangements for my coronation,” Joffrey ordered and I gulped back a growl, “I wish to be crowned within the fortnight. Today I shall accept oaths of fealty from my loyal councilors.”

The room was silent for a moment, Lord Stark reached into his pocket and pulled out a paper, “Ser Barristan,” he called and I looked to see the older soldier in the middle of the row in front of Joffrey, “I believe no man here could ever question your honor,” Lord Stark held out the paper and the man walked forward. I looked up a little and saw the Queen staring at us and it took everything in me not to go up there and snap her neck right then and there.

The man read the letter naming Lord Stark, Protector of the Realm until Joffrey came of age. The Queen asked to see the letter and I growled when she tore it up and threatened Lord Stark. He held up his arm in front of me and I sighed and stayed behind him.

“Bend the knee and swear loyalty to my son,” the Queen barked and I scoffed and rolled my eyes, “We shall allow you to live out your days in the gray waste you call home.”

“Your son has no claim to the throne,” Lord Stark said and he was right, I was told that Joffrey wasn’t really King Robert’s son; he was Jaime Lannister’s bastard son, something that grossed me out because a brother and sister committed incest.

“You condemn yourself with your own mouth, Lord Stark,” the Queen laughed after Joffrey called Lord Stark a liar, “Ser Barristan, seize this traitor!”

The guards that were with Lord Stark wanted to attack the old man, I had my hand on the hilt, the sword half way out of its sheath, “Ser Barristan is a good man, a loyal man, do him no harm!”

I let my sword fall back into its sheath and looked around, we were surrounded with unknown loyalty guards, I didn’t like these odds. The guards stopped and I cracked my knuckles, I might not be allowed to cause harm with a blade, but I can pack a mean punch.

“You think he stands alone?” the Queen asked.

‘…I really don’t like that bitch! Jess will kill me if I kill the Queen first, though…’

“Kill him! Kill all of them! I command it!” Joffrey yelled and I growled.

“Commander! Take the Queen and her children into custody. Escort them back to the royal apartments and keep them there, under guard,” Lord Stark ordered.

“Men of the Watch!” the Commander yelled, the same man that said as we walked in that he was behind Lord Stark’s back.

The men pointed their spears towards the Queen and her guards, I unsheathed my swords and held it close to my side and looked at Lord Stark, “I want no bloodshed, tell your men to lay down their swords. No one needs to die,” he said and I knew that they wouldn’t, getting the feeling that something was off.

“Now!” someone yelled and I heard screaming and turned around to see the Men of the Watch killing off Lord Stark’s men.

‘…Traitors!...’ I thought as I swung my sword and cut some men away, picking up my head and showing my eyes, seeing some men’s eyes wide and they backed off. Someone came up behind me and I turned and bent down low, kicking the man’s feet out from under him and sliced his chest, I cut down a few more men before it got quiet and I turned to see that Baelish had a dagger to Lord Stark’s throat, ‘…I knew it!...’

I went to run at them, but then felt a chain around my throat and I was pulled to the ground, landing on my back hard and coughing for air. My hood came off and people saw my face and I earned some gasps.

“You’re the girl from Winterfell,” the Queen said as she walked over towards me and I had men grab my arms and pull me up, “What are you doing here?”

I glared at her and then turned my head to Lord Stark, asking what I should do, “Cyn,” I growled towards Baelish as the blade pressed into his neck, “Run.”

“But-“

“Now!” he yelled and I growled and snapped my head back towards the Queen, “Find the girls!”

“I suggest you let me go,” I growled seeing the Queen’s eyes widened and she stepped back.

“Don’t let her go!” the Queen ordered and the grip on my arms tightened as well as the chain around my neck.

“Yeah, that’s not gunna happened,” I growled and then took a deep breath before using my strength to shove the men on my arms away, turning around to grab the chain, pull the man forward, who was holding it, punching him in the face and then snapping my body around to feel a dagger in my stomach, looking up to see it was the man known as the Hound.

“No!” Lord Stark yelled and I smirked.

“That wasn’t very nice,” I growled as I cracked my knuckles and shoved my claws through his armor and into his shoulder, then pulling my hand out and pushing him away, grabbing the dagger from my side and throwing the blade towards Baelish, growling when it missed and hit a man from the Watch.

“GO!!!” Lord Stark yelled and I nodded my head and hunched over.

Guards surrounded me, but stepped back a little when I started to growl loudly. Joffrey asked what was going on and ordered for me to be killed. I jumped up and then landed on the ground as a wolf, one as big as a horse, maybe bigger. Everyone stared in shock and I made one last look towards Lord Stark before he ordered me off to find his daughters and to get them to safety.

‘…Jess is gunna kill me for getting myself into trouble…’ I thought as I ran through the castle halls, not bothering to be sneaky, but on a mission to find two Stark sisters.