Winter Is Coming

026:

“The river lords are falling back with Jaime Lannister at their heels,” Robb said as he leaned over the table and looked at the map, creating possible battle plans, “And Lord Tywin is bringing around a second Lannister army from the South. Our scouts confirm it’s even larger than the Kingslayer’s.”

‘…Kingsla- Oh Jaime, that’s right…’ I thought, remembering the history that Robb had taught me.

One army or two, the kings in the North threw back hosts ten times as large,” Lord Umber said and I sighed and then saw his eyes widened and he stood up.

I looked at Robb and then turned around to see Lady Stark and Cassel standing there. Well I saw them, I thought of Cynthia, she was suppose to be with them, she was suppose to be keeping Lady Stark safe, I wanted answers. I looked at Lady Stark sadly as Robb walked over towards her, happy to see his mother.

“You look well,” she said and smiled sadly towards Robb and then turned her head towards me, “You both do.”

“Lady Catelyn, you’re a welcome sight in these trouble times,” Lord Umber said and I looked down.

“We had thought not to meet you here, my lady,” Theon said from standing next to me.

“I had not thought to be here,” she said and then looked at me, “I would speak with my son and Jessica alone. I know you will forgive me, my lords.”

I gulped and then sighed and nodded my head, hearing Lord Umber tell everyone else to move their asses. As soon as everyone was out of the tent, and it was just the three of us, Lady Stark hugged Robb and I rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly and then sat in the sit by the table and looked at the map.

“I remember the day you came into this world, red-faced and squalling. And now I find you leading a host to war,” Lady Stark said and I played with my fingers.

“There was no one else,” Robb said.

“No one? Who were those men I saw here?” Lady Stark said and I rubbed my face and looked at the design on the map, trying not to eavesdrop, but not being able to help myself.

“None of them are Starks,” Robb said proudly.

“All of them are seasoned in battle!”

“If you think you can send me back to Winterfell-“

“Oh, would that I could,” Lady Stark said and Robb pulled away and walked towards his bag on the other side of the tent. I looked up at Lady Stark and she looked at me sadly, “I’m so sorry about Cynthia.”

“I’m getting her back,” I said sternly and Lady Stark nodded her head, “What happened?” I asked and Lady Stark told me how she had taken the Imp prisoner and she had asked Cynthia to return back to King’s Landing to give Lord Stark a message because she didn’t trust a raven, “She should have come back then, she should have delivered your message and then came back.”

“I do not know why she didn’t,” Lady Stark said and then sighed, “My husband needed her help I can only assume.”

“There was a letter,” Robb said, getting his words in before I could open my mouth and say something else to Lady Stark. He walked back over towards us and handed Lady Stark the letter, “From Sansa.”

“From the Queen, you mean,” Lady Stark said and then took the letter, sat down and read it quickly, “There’s no mention of Arya.”

“No.”

“How many men do you have?” Lady Stark asked and Robb sat down next to me on the bench.

“Eighteen thousand,” he answered and then sighed, “If I go to King’s Landing and bend my knee to Jorffrey-“

“You would never be allowed to leave- NO!” Lady Stark said and I looked at Robb sadly, “Our best hope, our only hope, is that you can defeat them in the field.”

“And if I lose?” Robb asked and I shook my head, not wanting to think about that.

“Do you know what happened to the Targaryen children when the Mad King fell?” Lady Stark asked and I looked at her confused, not know who or what she was talking about.

“They were butchered in their sleep,” Robb answered and my eyes widened.

‘…Christ! Kids?...’

“On the orders of Tywin Lannister,” Lady Stark said and I gulped, “And the years have not made him kinder. I you lose, your father dies, your sisters dies, we die.”

Robb smirked and looked at me, I felt his hand on my leg under the table, “Well, that makes it simple then.”

I nodded my head and then looked at Lady Stark and smirked, “So we don’t lose,” I said as I stood up and stepped over the bench and stretched.

“When was the last time you rested?” Lady Stark asked and I sighed and shook my head, not knowing, “You should really rest- You both should rest.”

“It couldn’t hurt,” Robb said as he stood and looked at me. I sighed and then nodded my head, looking towards Lady Stark and saw that she was looking at the map, “I shall be back at nightfall.”

“Rest easy,” Lady Stark said and Robb and I walked out of the tent, his was one way, mine was another, but just as I was about to turn towards my tent, he grabbed my arm and started to pull me towards his.

“Robb,” I whined as we headed towards the center of camp and we walked into the large tent.

“I’ll rest better, knowing that you’re safe.”

“It’s me, of course I’m safe,” I smirked and then saw him lace up the flaps of his tent and told the guard to wake him when it was nightfall.

I smirked and when he turned around, my lips were on his. He wasted no time in placing his hands on my hips and pulling my body into his. I reached my arms under his cloak and around his back to unsnap the chain that held the cloak in its place. Just as Robb’s cloak fell to the ground, mine did, being untied from around my neck and dropped to the ground. I groaned his name and made my way to unstringing his vest as I felt him pull mine off and then press his lips back to mine.

‘…What happened to resting…’ I thought as I smirked and pushed Robb’s pants down and felt him kick off his boots and stop out of his pants, groaning when he gripped my ass and I felt my feet lift from the ground.

I looked down and pulled Robb’s vest from his body and moved my hands down his chest. He walked back towards his cot and laid me down, climbing on top of me and pulling my vest from my body and then gripped my boots, pulled them off of my feet, throwing them to the floor, then grabbing my pants, pulling them down and tossing them to the side. I was left in just my long white shirt, and Robb towered over me, naked.

“That needs to go,” he smirked as he started to untie the top of my white shirt, before sitting me up and pulling my shirt over my head.

Robb placed his hand on my stomach and pushed me onto my back and then leaned down to press his lips against mine, running his hand up my body, between my breast and on my neck. Robb then pulled away, sitting on his knees as he moved his hands to my waist, flipped me onto my stomach and pulled my ass in the air. I groaned, feeling his fingers dance up my spine and then move under my body and grab my breasts like reins to a saddle as he slammed his groin into me and I cried out, but was muffled by the fur cloak on the bed.

When we finished, we cuddled on the cot, closing our eyes and trying to get as much sleep as we could, with what little time we knew we had. However, it seemed like as soon as our eyes had closed, they were being opened by the sound of a guard at the front of the tent saying that it was night fall.

I climbed off of Robb and let him put his clothes back on, while I folded mine and changed into a wolf and laid on the ground, just in time too, because just as Robb was putt his cloak on, and my head was on my paws, Lord Umber walked in and looked at me and then back to Robb, telling him that was must continue was the battle strategies.

“Come Jess,” Robb said and I stood and followed him out of the tent.

No one really knew about Robb and I being together, some of the Lords knew that I slept in his tent, but when they found me in the morning, I was a wolf, lying on the floor next to his cot, no one really suspected a thing.

I was too tired to change back, we walked into the tent and some of the lords were already there, Grey Wind laid in the corner of the tent, so I decided to lay right beside him. He was growing bigger, he was almost as big as me, but he still had a few more months before he outgrew my size, he was still just a pup.

“The scouts report that Lord Tywin moves North, we need to get him on the broken ground, put his knights at a disadvantage,” Cassel said and I sighed and saw Lady Stark place herself next to where Cassel stood and looked at the map.

“No, we need to get around him and break Jaime Lannister’s siege of Riverrun,” Lord Umber said, “Do that and the river lords will join us.”

“To do either we need to cross the river and the only crossing is at the Twins,” Robb said and I let them talk because I had no clue what they were talking about.

“Lord Frey controls that bridge, your father’s bannermen,” Theon said.

“The late Lord Frey, my father calls him,” Lady Stark said, “At the Trident; he didn’t appear until the battle was done. Some men take their oaths more seriously than others.”

“Robb’s right,” Theon said and I stood up because I heard some commotion outside the tent, “We need that bridge.”

“So what’s it going to be?” Lord Umber asked, “Do we move against Jaime or Lord Tywin?”

Someone was coming, and by the grunting and groaning outside the tent, I would take it to mean that an enemy was captured. I growled and Robb turned to look at me and I walked towards the front of the tent, feeling the men’s eyes on my back. The tent flaps opened and two guards walked in, dragging a man with them.

“Your pardon, my lords,” one guard said and Robb walked over towards me and placed his hand on my head. I sat down and stared at the man that the guards held, “We’ve captured a Lannister scout.”

Theon covered the map and Lord Umber laughed, “Don’t worry lads, he won’t be leaving this tent with his head.”

“Where did you find him?” Robb asked and I growled a little.

“In the brush above the encampment,” the guard said, “He looked to be counting.”

Robb moved in front of the man and I stood and growled and then felt a hand on my back and turned my head to see Theon there. I let it go and turned back around to see Robb staring at the man, “How high did you get?”

“Twenty thousand,” the man said, “Maybe more.”

“You don’t have to do this yourself. Your father would understand-“

“My father understands mercy, when there is room for it,” Robb said, cutting Cassel off, “And he understands honor,” Cassel nodded his head, “and courage,” Robb looked down at me and then back at the boy, “Let him go.”