Winter Is Coming

028:

“There she is,” I muttered as I saw Lady Stark riding back just as the sun started to set. I stood up and waited for her at the top of the hill. She stopped and then hopped off, “Everything good?”

“Yes, where’s Robb?”

“In the ten going over battle plans,” I said and Lady Stark nodded her head and we started to walk back to camp and towards the tent. As we entered the tent, the men stopped talking and all stood.

“Well?” Robb asked and I walked past Lady Stark and Theon and stood next to Robb, he looked at me quickly before turning his gaze back to his mother, “What did he say?”

“Lord Walder has granted your crossing,” Lady Stark said and Robb smiled, but there was something about her expression that made me confused, “His men are yours, as well,” she said and Theon snorted, “Less the four hundred he will keep here to hold the crossing against any who would pursue you.”

“And what does he want in return?” Robb asked.

‘…There’s always a catch…’ I thought and then felt Robb grab my hand from beneath our cloaks.

“You will be taking on his son Olyvar as your personal squire,” she said and I sighed because I thought it was going to be bad, “He expects a knighthood in good time.”

“Fine, fine,” Robb muttered and I squeezed his hand a little and looked up towards Lady Stark to see that she had more to say, “And?”

“And Arya,” Lady Stark sighed, “Will marry his son Waldron when they both come of age.”

“She won’t be happy about that,” Robb said and I bit back a smirk, knowing that he was right about that.

The look on Lady Stark’s face said that she had even more news to deliver, “More?” I asked and she nodded her head.

“And, when the fighting is done,” she sighed and then looked at me and I gave her a confused look. She looked down and I and then back up at me sadly before turning her head to Robb, “You will marry one of his daughters.”

‘…What?!...’

“Whichever you prefer,” she said and I tensed and then bit my lip, trying not to show any emotion, “He has a number he things will be… suitable.”

‘…Please stop talking!...’

“I see,” Robb muttered, gripping my hand tight and I closed my eyes and put my head down.

“Did you get a look at his daughters?” Theon asked and I growled, which made Theon stop his snickering.

“I did,” Lady Stark said and I saw Robb look at his mother.

“And?” Robb asked and I looked at him, trying not to show my hurt.

“One was…” she didn’t want to continue, Robb got the point, we all got the point, “Do you consent?”

“Can I refuse?” Robb asked and I looked up at him and he stared down at me, looking sad, and I matched that look.

“Not if you want to cross,” Lady Stark said and I sighed.

“Just do it,” I muttered, hoping that no one else heard.

Robb sighed and then looked at his mother, “Then I consent,” he growled and then tore his hand from mine and stomped out of the tent. I looked at the ground sadly and felt Lady Stark’s eyes on me. Theon snickered and I growled and walked out of the tent, being sure to shove Theon out of the way as I did.

I found Robb pacing back and forth by a tree, throwing his hands through his hair, an upset look on his face, it hurt my heart to see him like this, especially since my heart told me that I was in love with him. I gulped as I saw him punch a tree, growling and then shaking his head, rubbing his face and looking towards the sky.

“Robb,” I breathed and his head snapped around and he looked at me angry, but then his face showed nothing but sadness. He walked over towards me, cupped my face and pressed his lips against mine.

“I don’t want to marry the Frey girl,” he said, leaning his forehead onto mine.

“I know,” I breathed, gripping his cloak and feeling his arms on my waist. I looked up at Robb, placed my hands on his neck and looked at his sad face, “You must though,” I said, not really wanting to say those words. I sighed and then kissed Robb’s cheek, “You had to of known that it wouldn’t have worked, I’m not from this world, I’m not-“ I sighed and bit my lip, trying to pick the right words, “I’m not good for you, Robb.”

“So this is why you both where hiding,” we heard and turned around to see Lady Stark coming over.

“Mother,” Robb said and I went to pull away, but he pulled me back in and placed his hands on my waist.

“Robb, why didn’t you tell me?” Lady Stark said as she looked between Robb and I, “I wouldn’t have said that you were untaken.”

I sighed and then leaned my head on Robb’s chest, but then pulled back and glared at the ground, “It doesn’t matter now, it’s been decided,” I muttered as I started to walk back to camp, ignoring Robb calling my name.

I needed to get some sleep because in the morning we were going to cross the bridge and two thousand of our twenty thousand army was going to split off from the group and face the Lannister, most likely all of them to be killed, but they were a distraction, they were going to allow us to take a short cut towards the Lannisters’ camp.

I went into my tent and stayed there the rest of the night, when morning came, Theon got me and told me it was time to go. Lady Stark and Cassel had already left, planning on taking a safer route, and the men and I prepared to cross the bridge. The ride was smooth and we wished farewell to the two thousand men that was basically marching to their deaths, but they promised to take down as many Lannister men as they could.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What are you doing?!” I growled, looking at Lord Stark.

“Saving your life!” he said as the guards unhooked me from my chains and placed another chain around my neck and drug me out of the dungeons.

I was supposed to be executed today, apparently that wasn’t going to happen. Lord Stark had spoken with Varys about how I was going to agree to become Joffrey’s ‘bitch’ basically, and when I got the chance, I was going to run like crazy. When I asked about Sansa and Arya, he told me not to worry about it; he just wanted to get me out of here.

So when I was taken out of the dungeon, outside into the fresh air, I flinched at the sunlight, seeing nothing but darkness for the last two weeks. When we were out in the open, I looked around and saw no other guards than the six around me, they must have thought that I was too weak to fight back. I smirked and showed them that they thought wrong.

I changed, hearing the chain snap, my clothes tear, men screaming, metal scraping off of rock, flesh being ripped into, growling, and bodies hitting the floor. I had hoped that Lord Stark had a plan to get he and his daughters to safety, I felt bad leaving them in King’s Landing as I ran through the streets, avoiding the screaming crowd, the swords, dagger and spears. I burst through the gates, bringing down anyone who stood in my way, running right out the front doors of King’s Landing and on my way to find Jessica and the others.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was tired and sore, had blood all over my fur from fighting and killed the Lannister men. Robb and his men found Jaime Lannister’s men and fought them. I managed to kill a good portion, and I was the one who pinned Jaime down when he went to attack Robb. I took a dagger to the side, but I barely felt it, and when I changed back, all that was there was a scar.

When we on the move again, I changed back and Theon took his cloak from my back. Jaime Lannister was shoved onto the back of Theon’s horse, and I made sure to keep close to them, because I was ready to attack Jaime if he tried anything.

By the time we got to the meeting point, Lady Stark and Cassel were already there, she was happy to see us, and I thought she was going to burst into tears and hug her son because he made it out of his first battle, almost unharmed, little bruising, little scratches, nothing to be afraid of.

“By the time they knew what was happening, it had already happened,” Robb said as he walked over towards his mother and Jaime was thrown at the feet of Lady Stark. Lord Umber had a sword to Jaime’s neck and Theon was behind him, his hand on his dagger. I stood next to Robb and growled, being sure to bare my fangs and showing off my bloody fur.

Jaime looked at me and then towards Lady Stark, “Lady Stark, I’d offer you my sword, but I seem to have lost it.”

“It is not your sword I want,” she snapped and I snarled towards the Lannister and saw him back up a little, staring at me with shock, “Give me my daughters back, give me my husband, give me Cynthia.”

“I’ve lost them to, I’m afraid,” he said cockily and I snarled and jumped at him, seeing him fall back onto his ass and stare at me with fear.

“Kill him, Robb! Send his head to his father!” Theon said, “He cut down ten of our men! You saw him!”

“He’s more use to us alive than dead,” Robb said and I growled.

“Take him away and put him in irons,” Lady Stark said and I gave a little bark and then looked up towards Robb.

He took off his cloak and placed it on my back and I looked at Jaime, he was smirking, “Do you tuck your wolves into be too, Stark.”

I growled and then smirked when Jaime’s eyes widened when he saw me change into a girl, “What’s the matter?” I asked as I stood up, “Cat got your tongue?”

“Another one,” he muttered, not thinging that I heard him.

“Another what?” I growled.

“You’re another beast!” he said and I smirked and nodded my head, “I take it the other one is a friend of yours.”

“Yes, and I want her back,” I growled and Jaime laughed.

“Oh, I’m afraid you have a bit of bad luck there,” he smirked, “She’s sentenced to death at midday today.”

My eyes widened and I looked at Robb who as equally as shocked. I snapped back to Jaime and grabbed his vest and pulled him up, “Are you lying to me?!”

“Why would I lie?” he laughed and I growled and grabbed his head.

“NO!” Robb yelled, knowing that I was about to snap his neck, “We need him alive!”

“What about Cyn?!”

“We’ll get her!”

“King’s Landing is at least two days ride from here, you’ll never make it,” Jaime laughed and I threw him on the ground and punched him in the face, knocking him out and at least calming my nerves.

I growled and started to walk up the hill, hearing Robb ask where I was going, “To King’s Landing!”