Winter Is Coming

029:

They fought with me and said that it was a bad idea to head to King’s Landing, but I didn’t listen, I needed to get my friend, my sister. Eventually Robb allowed me to go, but I was going even if he said that I couldn’t. They gave me directions on how to get there, but I was going to go off of my sense of smell. I had never been there, but it hadn’t rained, so I was hoping to find at least a faint smell of Cynthia.

“Good luck,” Robb said as he walked me to the path. I nodded my head and sighed, getting ready to change. I looked over towards Theon and nodded my head, he returned the sentiment, “Don’t get caught, you get in, you get out-“

“And if I happen to see the girl or your dad?” I asked and Robb sighed but looked at me and nodded his head.

“Grab ‘em.”

I smirked and then nodded my head; I was about to take his cloak off when Robb placed his hands on my arms, pulled me forward and pressed his lips onto mine, in front of Theon.

“Don’t get yourself killed,” I breathed as I backed up, and changed in front of him.

“Be safe,” he said and then took the clock from my back and watched as I ran off.

As I got further down the path I stopped and sniffed the air, nothing. I figured if I kept running I would eventually run into someone or something that will lead me to where I want to go.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must have been running for at least a day now, I had no clue where I was going, I had no clue where Jessica and Robb were. I listened to people’s small talk conversations as I hid out back behind inns, but barely anyone was talking about the battle going on. I did manage to hear that Robb had captured Jaime Lannister and that he had two large wolves on his side. I heard a man say that there were rumors that a Lannister scout said that one wolf turned into a beautiful naked girl; I knew that to be Jessica.

I heard horses running from behind me, I skidded to a stop and my paws sunk in the mud a little, I sniffed the air to see who was coming, but when I didn’t recognize the smell, I jumped off of the path and hid behind a tree, change back because it was a little hard to hide when you’re a wolf.

Men rode past me, a wolf’s sigil on their flags. My eyes widened because that was the Stark logo, I then smiled because maybe if I followed them, they would lead me to Jessica. I shifted back, and walked out onto the path, watching as the horses rode down the path and I stared at the men’s back. Something flew past my ear and I turned my head and growled, but then stopped when I saw a guy, maybe a boy, high teens, sitting on the horse wearing armor and having a Stark sigil on his flag. He called for the men that had just past and I growled, not really wanting to draw attention to myself.

“Is that, my lady?” a man asked from behind me and I turned to see Cassel, “My lady, Cynthia!” I perked my head up and he breathed a sigh of relief as I walked over towards him and sat down, “Oh it is you! You-You’re not dead?!” I let out a little bark, knowing that he wouldn’t be able to understand me, “I’m sorry to inform you, but my lady Jessica has left the Stark force to ride to King’s Landing to save you. She left when hearing word that your execution was set for yesterday at midday.”

‘…What?!...’ I growled and then stood up and rocked on my front legs.

“My lady, do not fret! I will send a messenger after her!” Cassel said and then called a soldier over and told him to ride to King’s Landing to find Jessica. I growled and he looked at me confused, “My lady?”

I took a few steps back before sitting in the middle of the path, pointing my head towards the sky and letting out the loudest howl that I could muster up, hoping that where ever Jessica was, she would be able to hear it, and knew where I was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“What do you mean she’s not here?!” I growled as I slammed the guard dressed in gold against the brick wall, already knocking out the other guard.

“The beast escaped early yesterday morning, rumors said that she was heading North,” the guard cried out and I growled in frustration because somehow, Cynthia and I had missed each other on the path.

“Son of a bitch!” I growled and then threw the man onto the ground and kicked him in the stomach. Bells started to ring and I stood up straight and looked around, seeing people running up stairs, not even bothering to look in the alley where I attacked the Queen’s men, “What’s going on?!”

“They’re taking the Hand of the King to the Sept of Baelor,” the guard said as I bent down and grabbed his neck.

“What’s that mean?” I growled.

“He must confess his crimes and swear loyalty to His Grace, or be sentenced to death,” he said and I sighed and stood up.

“Thanks,” I growled and then kicked him in the face, knocking him out and then turning towards the other guard to see that he was out too, ‘…Cyn’s already gone, might as well save the Stark family…’

I ran up the stairs, pulling my stolen cloak close to me and throwing the hood over my head. I followed the people to the center of the Capital and found the royal family and council on the stage in front. I sighed when I heard yelling and then turned my head to see two guards bringing an injured Lord Stark out. People tried to attack him, calling him a traitor, I tried to get as close to him as I could. I didn’t know if he saw me until he looked right at me and yelled Baelor. I didn’t know what that was; I didn’t know what he was talking about.

I looked all around and saw a statue in the middle of where everyone was, there was someone kneeling on it. I looked at it closely and my eyes widened, ‘…Arya! He was telling me about Arya!...’

I made my way through the crowds, quickly trying to get to her. I did, I grabbed her arm and pulled her down, just as Lord Stark was on the stage announcing his name and his crimes. I saw Sansa on the stage as I felt Arya pounding on my back.

“Arya, Arya!” I called and pulled her in front of me and saw her grabbing her sword, ready to stab me, “Leave Needle be!”

I heard her gasp and she looked up, seeing my face and I felt her relax, “Jess,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head and she hugged me, “Cyn, she-“

“I know.”

“She saved me, I’m the reason she was captured-“

“Shhhhh, she’s free, she’s heading for Robb,” I said and Arya looked at me confused.

“Then why are you here?”

“I had just found out that she was gone when I had arrived. I realized that you and your sister were here, now I’m trying to save you.”

“My father?”

“And him,” I smiled and held her close and we watched as Lord Stark finished confessing his false crimes.

And old man said some words to the people and then turned to Joffrey, “What is to be done with this traitor, Your Grace?”

I growled and felt Arya stiffen, Joffrey waved to the people and then turned to the Queen, “My mother wishes me to let Lord Eddard join the Night’s Watch…”

‘…That’s where Jon is!...’

“…Stripped of all titles and powers, he would serve the realm in permanent exile.”

“No,” Arya whispered and I pushed her further into my chest, almost hiding her under my cloak.

“And my Lady Sansa, has begged mercy for her father,” Joffrey paused and then looked like he was thinking. It only lasted a moment before he was looking at everyone again, “But they have the soft hearts of women. So long as I am your king- Treason shall never go unpunished.”

“What does that mean?” I asked and then growled, ready to go up there.

“Ser Ilyn,” Joffrey called, “Bring me his head!”

“No!” Arya yelled and went to run forward, but I grabbed her and pulled her back. I had a decision to make, stay with Arya and get her away, or save Lord Stark. I knew if I left Arya alone to save Lord Stark, she would just take her needle and fight; it would only be a second before she was cut down.

Arya got out of my grasps and started to run towards the stage. I pushed my way through the crowd to grab her and then saw a man dressed in all black grab her and tell her not to look. He saw me, I saw him, I don’t know if he knew who I was, I definitely didn’t know who he was, he nodded his head and it a moment for me to nod mine.

‘…If I’m gunna go down, might as well go down swinging…’ I thought as I walked up to them, placed my hand on Arya’s head and told her everything would be all right. I walked past them and walked towards the stage. A man with a black mask was pulling out a large sword, ‘…The executioner…’

I growled and then hurried through the crowd. I made it to the stage, snuck past the guards and just as the man was about to bring his sword down on Lord Stark, I swiped my daggers out of their sheaths, kicked Lord Stark out of the way, crossed my daggers and stood in front of the attack, and felt the weight coming down on me, using every ounce of my strength to hold him back.

I looked at the man and growled, knowing that my eyes flashed towards him because he gasped and the weight loosened, giving me a chance to push up, kick his legs out from underneath him and headbutt him.

The area was silent as I stood on the stage, cloak on, hood covering my face; the people wondered who I was. I heard running behind me and quickly turned around to see guards coming at me. I quickly threw my daggers at them and then retrieved them. When a big man with a burnt face went after Lord Stark, I jumped onto his back, twisted my body and brought the man to the ground and then quickly turned around to catch a sword coming down on me. I winced at the sting in my hand and then spun around and brought my fist down on the blade, breaking it in two.

The guards stopped, the place was quiet, eyes were on me, whispers then started to come about how I had just broken Valyrian steel.

“Cyn!” I heard and looked to see Sansa yelling it.

I growled and then heard another man come behind me, turning around quickly, grabbing his head and ripping it off. There were gasps; I was even shocked with myself for doing it. I turned around, the head in my hands and I threw it towards Joffrey and took off my hood and glared at the Queen and her son.

“Jess!” Sansa screamed, a guard holding her.

“You!” the Queen yelled and I grabbed one of my daggers and tried to throw it at her, but a guard jumped in front of her.

Sansa screamed my name and I turned around to feel a whip around my throat. Joffrey ordered my death and I growled and looked towards Lord Stark, he was being held by two guards, staring at me with shock.

“Get Arya and go!” I growled and he shook his head, and I flinched when the man pulled on the whip, trying to bring my down, “Go!”

“No one’s going anywhere!” Joffrey yelled and my eyes widened when a sword when down on Lord Stark’s head.

“NO!”