Winter Is Coming

032:

“Wait, wait, what?” Robb said sleepily as he rubbed his eyes and got himself more comfortable in his chair.

I sighed out of frustration and growled a little; explaining all over again what I had just said. I told Robb about the library, the journal, the dragons, the drawing of the iron chair the freaky that had coming in and knocked us out, everything.

“Can’t we talk about this in the morning?” Robb asked and I sighed and shook my head.

“No, we can’t, if what we’re saying is true, then the dragons are still alive,” Cynthia said and I sat on the bed next to Robb and placed my hand on his shoulder.

Robb leaned forward, his elbows on his knees and he was trying to rub the sleep from his face, I felt bead because he didn’t get a lot, “Do you have this book?”

“No, it’s probably in the library in our world, with all of our stuff,” Cynthia said and I nodded my head.

“And the woman’s name is Khaleesi?” Robb asked and I nodded my head, “A Khaleesi is the Queen of the Khal for the Dothraki tribe.”

“I’m sorry-What?” I asked confused.

“We don’t need to worry about them now, they’re across the Narrow Seas,” Robb said and I nodded my head, “Now let me get some sleep, and don’t talk to anyone else about this, they’ll cut your heads off for being mental.”

“We’re girls that can change into direwolves, and they want to call us mental?” Cynthia asked and I snorted and saw Robb smirk, “All right, I’ll let you two get some rest.”

Cynthia left and I looked towards Robb and laid my head on his shoulder and kissed his neck, “Let’s go back to bed-“

“What is it like?” Robb asked and then looked at me.

“What?” I asked confused.

“This home you’ve come from- This New York?” he asked and I smiled at the thought of my home.

“Busy,” I giggled a little, “My home is known to be The Big Apple, the city that never sleeps- Don’t ask me how they got those names, but it’s home. The hearing of cars honking, people shouting- Seeing Time Square, Central Park-“

“All of those things foreign to me, I’m afraid,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head, “What do you miss most?”

“Other than my friends and family?” I asked and Robb nodded his head, “The food,” I laughed, “The smells of the hot dog vendors on almost every corner.”

“Hot dog?” he asked confused and horrified, “You eat dog?”

“No!” I laughed, “I don’t know how they ever came up with that name, but- Trust me, they’re so good!”

“What else?”

“Junk food, chips, ice cream, pretzels, my god, what I would do for a bacon cheeseburger!”

“We have bacon,” Robb said and I laughed.

“That stuff is ‘not’ bacon,” I smirked, shaking my head and saw him smirk towards me, “My mom makes the best bacon in the world!” Robb smiled towards me and then yawned, “You should get some sleep.”

“Yeah,” he said and then was about to lay back down when Cynthia came in and handed Robb a message, saying that a raven had come and delivered that. He opened it and then sighed; I looked up to see that Cynthia was already gone.

“What is it?” I asked when I looked back at Robb.

“I need to talk to the Kingslayer, gather Cyn and meet me there,” Robb said and then stood up.

“Robb, you need sle-“

“Make sure you shift too,” Robb said and I sighed and stood up.

“Robb,” I grabbed his arm and he turned around. I smiled towards him and then placed my other hand on his cheek and reached up to press my lips to his, “You’re not alone.”

“I know,” he said and then started to throw his clothes back on before leaving the tent.

I sighed and then sat on the bed and rubbed my face, “I miss my bed,” I muttered before getting back up and stretching, “And coffee.”

I left the tent and headed towards Cynthia, she was just getting ready to lay in her bed. I told her that we were needed and we needed to shift. We took our clothes off and changed, trotting out of the tent and heading over to where we knew Robb would be.

When we caught up to him, he was already in Jaime’s cage. I heard a growl and turned my head to see Grey Wind coming up by us; he rubbed against me and then followed us towards the cage. He was almost my size, but Cynthia and I were still bigger. Grey Wind took one side of the cage, while Cynthia followed behind me as we took the other.

“What’s the matter? Don’t like to be called boy?” Jaime asked, “Insulted,” he laughed and the three of us growled.

“You insult yourself, Kingslayer,” Robb stated as I turned the corner towards the cage door and walked up next to Robb, seeing Grey Wind on one side of the cage and Cynthia on the other, both staring at the Lannister, “You’ve been defeated by a boy. You’ve been held captive by a boy. Perhaps you’ll be killed by a boy,” I growled, seeing Jaime’s head go back and forth from the places where Cynthia, Grey Wind and Robb and I stood, “Stannis Baratheon sent ravens to all the high lords of Westeros. King Joffrey Baratheon is neither a true king, nor a true Baratheon. He’s your bastard son.”

“If that’s true, Stannis is the rightful king,” Jaime said, “How convenient for him.”

“My father learned the truth,” Robb said and I felt his hand on my back, “That’s why you had him executed.”

“I was your prisoner when Ned Stark lost his head,” Robb said and I growled.

“Your son killed him so the world wouldn’t learn who father him,” Robb stated, “And you, you pushed my brother from a window because he saw you with the queen,” Robb gripped my fur and I bared my fangs towards Jaime and barked out a snarl.

“You have proof?” Jaime asked, “Or do you want to trade gossip like a couple of fishwives?”

“I’m sending one of your cousins down to King’s Landing with my peace terms.”

“You think my father’s going to negotiate with you?” Jaime laughed, “You don’t know him very well.”

“No,” Robb smirked, “But he’s starting to know me.”

“Three victories don’t make you a conqueror,” Jaime stated and I growled.

“It’s better than three defeats,” Robb smirked and I felt him push on my back a little, wanting me to go forward.

I knew that Robb didn’t want me to kill him, just scare him a little. I snarled at him and tried to bite at his face, knowing that I was still a good distance from him. I watched as Jaime tried to pull himself back as he closed his eyes. I growled and bit at him again, feeling the tip of my nose on his cheek. His head was turned to the side and his eyes still closed. I growled again and then turned around and walked out of the cage.

Grey Wind walked off, Cynthia headed back to her tent, but I followed Robb towards the tent where the men create battle plans. He sat in his chair and I laid next to him, leaning my side against the chair and laying my head on my paws, next to his feet. A man was brought in; he was the cousin of Jaime Lannister.

“I offer your cousins peace if they meet my terms,” Robb said, “First, your family must release my sister. Second, my father’s bones must be returned to us so he may rest beside his brother and sister in the crypts beneath Winterfell. And the remains of all those who died in his service must also be returned. Their families can honor them with proper funerals.”

“An honorable request, Your Grace,” the Lannister said.

“Third, Joffrey and the Queen Regent must renounce all claim to dominion of the North. From this time till the end of time, we are a free and independent kingdom,” Robb said and I brought my head up and felt his hand on my head.

“The King in the North,” Cassel said and the other men at the table muttered it as well.

“Neither Joffrey nor any of his men shall set foot in our lands again. If he disregards this command, he shall suffer the same fate as my father, only I don’t need a servant to do my beheading for me-“

“These are- Your Grace, these are-“

“These are my terms,” Robb said as he stood up and glared at the Lannister at the other end of the table, “If the Queen Regent and her son meet them, I’ll give them peace,” he said and then looked down at me, “If not,” I stood and growled, “I will litter the South with Lannister dead.”

“King Joffrey is a Baratheon, Your Grace,” the Lannister said.

“Oh, is he? You’ll ride at daybreak, Ser Alton,” Robb said and then took a step back, “That will be all for tonight.”

The men left the tent, only Robb, Theon and I remained. Robb and I walked to the front of the tent and I heard Theon follow behind, “A word, Your Grace?”

“You don’t have to call me ‘Your Grace’ when no one’s around,” Robb chuckled and I yawned and then laid down, my paws dangling over the edge of the wooden floor tent.

“It’s not so bad once you get used to it,” Theon smirked.

“I’m glad someone’s gotten used to it.”

“The Lannisters are going to reject your terms, you know?”

“Of course they are,” Robb said and I picked my head up and looked at him.

‘…So why make them if you knew they would?...’ I thought as Theon and Robb continued their conversation, Theon telling Robb that he needs to take King’s Landing, and to do that he needed ships.

“My father has ships and men who know how to sail them-“

“Men who fought my father,” Robb said and I figured it was a different battle they were talking about.

I didn’t pay attention to much, but Robb agreed to let Theon go and try to convince his father to become our ally. Theon left and Lady Stark came into the tent, she ran her hand through my fur and then sat at the table. Robb told her of the news with Theon and she didn’t approve.