Winter Is Coming

007:

She moved fast and powerfully, not know her own strength as her paws slammed into the ground and left tracks in the mud. She listened to my instructions as we headed down the path, straight towards the Winterfell gates. I clung to her fur and kept my legs tight at her side, afraid that during the run, I might fall off her back.

As we were close to Winterfell, half the morning already gone, a horn blew in the distance, the guards saw us coming, the horn was to inform others that there were people coming, not knowing if they were friend or foe. As we got closer, I saw in the distance soldier marching out of the gates, figuring that an enemy was coming. Their swords were drawn, and I felt Jessica slow her pace.

"Keep going," I yelled, not knowing if she would hear me if I didn't, she whined a little, "All will be right once they see me," I informed and she quickened her pace again.

Just as I said, when we were a little closer, actually when we stopped in front of them, did the men put their swords away and stared at me happily, until they realized that I was not riding on a horse.

"My lord, what is that beast?" Ser Rodrik Cassel asked in shock as I hopped off the wolf, but left my hand on her back.

"The girl has been cursed, we must speak with the prisoner," I informed as I walked past them and guided the wolf through the gates of Winterfell.

"Your father just returned only a few moments ago, he and some men were searching all night for you," a soldier informed me.

"I will find him," I said and walked deeper into the city, the wolf still at my side. I heard her whimper and patted her back, I saw the stares she received, some frightened some interested.

"Robb!" I heard and turned to my side to see my mother running towards me, but stopping in her tracks when she saw the wolf, she was frightened.

"It's all right," I said and she cautiously came closer and pulled me into a hug.

"Robb!" I heard and saw my father running over, "What happened?"

"Where's Jess?!" I heard and looked to see the other girl that we rescued running over, but being pulled back by Jon.

"Your horse returned to Winterfell without you and the girl- Where is the girl?" he asked and then looked at the wolf as she curled her body around me and stuck her head under my arm and whimpered.

"She was cursed by the woman that you stuck your blade in," I informed and then looked at the wolf, "I believe the other girl was as well; although, she might not know it."

"A wolf?" mother asked and I nodded my head.

"Where's Jess?!" the girl cried out again and the wolf walked around me and headed towards the girl. She pushed her body back into Jon and then stared at the wolf in fear.

"Your friend is in front of you," I informed and the girl took a step forward.

"What happened?" father asked again.

"We were attacked, a stampede of stags came at us, then a group of men attacked us," I informed and then winced when my shoulder hurt.

"You're hurt!" mother said, but I shook my head.

"It's nothing," I said and looked at father, "She changed during the attack, saved me from and arrow coming out of nowhere. We were chased to the cliff above the river, pushed off the cliff-" my mother gasped and hugged me, "During the fall the girl changed back, she was unconscious and it was too dark to move on, so we stayed the night along the riverbed."

"Once we realized that you were missing we turned around and searched all night," father said and I nodded my head.

I heard gasping and turned my head to see that the girl was back to normal, and naked. I ran over to her and covered her with my fur and felt her lean into me, she was breathing heavily. My hand was on her side, under the fur, I felt something wet hit my hands and pulled them out to see blood. My eyes widened and I looked up at Jon to see that he was staring at me, and holding her friend who had just fainted.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're awake?" I groaned and looked to my side to see Cynthia sitting on the bed, she was holding my hand and looking at me, "Are you all right?"

"My side hurts," I groaned and then sat up only to hiss at the pain.

"Stay down," Cynthia said and I nodded my head, "You were a wolf?"

I looked at her and then down at the bed and slowly nodded my head, "I didn't believe it at first either, I don't know how-"

"That lady cursed us! Or at least, that's what the people are saying," Cynthia said and I sighed and tried to sit up again, hissing and groaning, but managing to get up, "You should really lay back down."

"I'll be fine," I said and then looked pulled the blankets up to see that I was in a loose dress, "I'm in a dress," I stated disgusted and Cynthia snickered.

"I knew you wouldn't be happy about it," she laughed, "Your clothes probably tore to shreds when you changed."

"Where are your clothes?"

"Don't know, they were taken away and I was handed a dress to me, apparently its customary to wear this."

"I don't care, I want it off!" I growled and Cynthia laughed, "Give me pants and a shirt!"

"I don't know if we're able to wear those!"

"I don't care! I'm not wearing this god awful dress," I said and then growled, throwing the blankets back over me and then saw the fur that was once on Robb's back was on the bed. I ran my fingers along the soft fur and sighed.

"You wouldn't let it go," Cynthia said and I looked at her, "You just had a death grip on it. You were like a little baby, when we tried to take it away, you freaked. They gave you something to drink and you were out."

"I-I don't remember," I said and then held my head and sighed, "Everything is such a blur."

"The side effects from milk of the puppy," I heard and looked up to see a woman walking into the room, "Forgive me for the intrusion, I heard that you were awake."

"No, this is your home," Cynthia said and I looked at her and then the woman.

"My name is Lady Stark," the woman said and I winced and gave a small smile towards her, "Forgive me, but I do not know your name."

"Jessica," I said and she smiled towards me and nodded her head.

"Well, Jessica, I am in your debt for keeping my son safe," she said and I realized that this was Robb's mother, I mean I should have seen it before, they have the same hair color, and eyes.

"I believe that he saved me more than I saved him," I laughed a little and then winced, gripping my side.

"Are you uncomfortable? Shall I get you some more milk of the puppy?"

"No, I'm all right," I said and she looked at me like a worried mother would, which got me thinking about my mother, my father, my sister, '...Am I ever going to see them again?...'

"Are you sure?"

"Jess!" Cynthia shoved me a little when I didn't answer her.

"What- Oh sorry, what was the- No, I'm fine," I said and Lady Stark looked at me and sighed.

There was a knock at the door and I looked to see the door opening and Robb walking in, "How do you feel?"

"Better."

"Liar," he said and I smirked a little, his mother hit his arm and told him he was being rude, but he shrugged it off, "Is it safe to take my cloak back?" he smiled and I blushed and nodded my head.

"Sorry."

"No apology necessary, my lady," he said and I looked up towards him and saw him to be staring at me, "We began to question the woman-"

"Darca?" I asked and he nodded his head.

"She's not speaking," Robb informed and I sighed, "We'll find answers, you need not worry."

"But I can't help but worry," I said and then sighed and leaned back against the wall headboard, but his and pulled away when my side stung.

"Are you all right?" Robb asked and I sighed and nodded my head.

"I'm tougher than I look," I smiled tiredly at him, "I'll be all right."