Status: Done.

With Eyes Wide Shut

The Unending Endevers of a Madman

Liam imagines her smile; Amy's beautiful smile. The one that could light up a dark room or make anyone's depression be forgotten, if for a moment. The naturally ruby lips and dimples were what he had been drawn to when they first met.

He visualizes her eyes; Amy's sparkling eyes. They were a galaxy of greens and blues and browns, with a touch of good humor and love.

He thinks of her skin; Amy's flawless porcelain skin. He remembers the warmth they used to share as he caressed her face while laying in bed on lazy Saturday mornings.

Liam hears her voice. Her melodic voice. It was the best of all her perfect features. She would sing while she cooked, she would talk to herself while folding clothes, and she would hum their favorite song to no end while washing dishes. He would listen from the other room. Nothing was more soothing than her gentle voice.

But it's not her voice.

It's a whimper that snaps him from his trance. Liam glances down at his newest victim, who is nowhere near as lovely as his late fiancé.

She's covered in her own blood. She's lost chunks of flesh. She's missing most of her matted brown hair.

The girl was picked up from the college gym, not six hours before. Her volleyball shirt and shorts are ruined and torn. She's hanging on to life, but it won't be long before she lets go. She's been tortured for hours.

Liam scans her unseeing face. The girl is breathing raggedly. She whimpers and moans, quickly losing consciousness. A long forgotten emotion settles in the man's heart: Mercy.

"I'll let you go. For her. . . For Amy."

With that, the girl's spirit is freed with a quick stab of the butcher knife.

~

Will he ever stop? Will Liam ever realize that he's committing the same crime that the uncaught murderer did to his precious fiancé? Are the lives of thirteen dead girls enough to fill his empty soul?

No.

The lunacy has set in too far.

I don't believe he'll ever quit.

Maybe when he's found out, he'll come to terms with the heinous actions he's been committing for seven years.

But not now. He stands in the hall of that college, looking around for his next victim. His tools are ready back at his apartment, and his hands are thirsty for blood.

Liam catches the eye of a short freshman, whom he gives a seductive smile.

The game is back on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finished.

Won second place here.