The Candle's Flame

Chapter Two

*Ashley's POV*
"Juliet, watch out!" I shouted. Andy turned rapidly, aiming for the zombie. It was directly behind Juliet, therefor unreachable without harming Juliet. It all happened so fast. All I knew after a moment was that Juliet had been bitten, and she was transforming fast. "Andy, shoot her!" I exclaimed.
"No!"
"Listen Andy she's not Juliet anymore! Shoot her or we'll all die!"
"I can't Ashley!" Andy screamed.
"You said we'd get through this together Andy! Don't let me down!" I bit my lip, trying not to let any tears slip. Andy looked over at me for a second. He pointed his gun at Juliet.
"I'm sorry Juliet," he whispered, before pulling the trigger. Blood and flesh spattered, and Andy broke down; he fell to his knees, sobbing. I knelt beside him and wrapped my arms around him. Andy, Juliet, and I had been out stocking up on food from abandoned stores. On our way back... that happened. Andy was sobbing into my chest helplessly.
"Andy," I whispered. "I'm so sorry." I had always wanted Juliet out of the picture, but not this way. Okay so... I'm in love with Andy.. Like, hopelessly, madly in love... "We have to go back to the studio before more of them find us," I whispered. I stood up, helping Andy to his feet.
"Ash, I'm not letting anything happen to you," Andy whispered.
"What do you mean?" I asked him.
"After what happened to Juliet... You're my best friend and I love you, I can't let anything happen to you." I smiled at Andy. If only he meant that 'I love you' the way I wanted him to.
"I love you too bro," I told him. I thought I saw a small blush tint Andy's cheeks, but I must have imagined it. We reentered the studio and bolted the door behind us. "We're back!" I exclaimed. Sammi ran out to the main room to meet us.
"No..." She whispered. "Where's Juliet?" Andy whimpered and I instinctively wrapped an arm around his waist. "Oh Andy I'm so sorry," Sammi whispered. Andy shrugged. We headed to the lounge room. Jake and CC were sitting on opposite ends of the couch, feet propped up and facing each other, throwing a small pillow back and forth and- surprisingly enough- laughing. Jinxx sitting on the floor, propped up against the couch. "We lost another one," Sammi announced softly. Everyone looked up at Andy, and we sat in a silence- not comfortable, not awkward, just silence.

*Next day*
I woke up laying against a wall, Andy's gazelle legs stretched over mine. I rolled my eyes, looking around the room. Everyone was still asleep. Jinxx was sitting up against a wall, Sammi Doll wrapped protectively in his arms, laying against his chest. On the couch, CC and Jake were curled up together, which I thought was cute. I wonder if they like each other.. CC woke up a moment after I did, totally unaware that I was awake. He looked down at the man sleeping in his arms and smiled, his eyes soft. Christian leaned down and kissed the top of Jake's head softly. I smirked at him, though he still hadn't noticed me. I whistled lowly, making sure not to wake anyone up. CC's eyes darted over to me and his cheeks turned crimson. I couldn't help but grin as I held up a heart. "You liiiiiike him!" I exclaimed quietly.
"Shut. Up."
"No," I grinned. He threw a pillow at me, causing Andy to stir. "Dude stop you're gonna wake Andy up," I told him. Christian returned my smirk.
"Who likes who?"
"Oh c'mon he had to shoot his girlfriend yesterday."
"Yeah.. I know the feeling..." Christian shrugged. "So what if I like him?" CC mumbled. I smirked at him, about to respond when another voice interjected.
"Like who?" Jake spoke up, clearly just waking up. He sounded a bit... hurt?
"No one," CC spoke quickly. I glared at him.
"Like Hell it's no one," I mumbled.