Status: on-going

Lightning in a bottle

The Surprise Call

“Hello? Cassie? Are you there?” The person on the other line said.

“OHMYGOD, IS THAT YOU ALLISON BAKER!?” I screamed over the phone, which made Sandy look at me.

“Calm down, and yes this is your dear best friend Allison Baker” I imagined Ally rolling her eyes over the phone. Ally is my only friend, and I consider her my best friend, since she’s been my neighbor for the last two years.

“Ohmygod. I missed you Ally!!!”

“No you don’t! You didn’t even call me!!!”

“I am so sorry! It’s hard to call overseas Ally” I explained “and it’s expensive”

“Reasons, reasons. When are you coming back anyway?”

“I’m gonna fly back to Arizona, 7:00am tomorrow, and It’s 4 in the afternoon there, I’ll be in the plane for 18 hours, I guess you’d know what time I’ll be arriving at the airport?” she’s silent for a few minutes, I guess she’s calculating the time.

“Okay okay, The time difference is driving me insane, but your estimated arrival in Phoenix is about 10 in the morning the next day.”

“uhm..” I was about to say I’m not sure when she cut me off.

“I’m gonna come with your parents when they pick you up!”

“oh kay!”

“I need to go, and this phone call is getting expensive, I’ll see you when you get here. BYE!” and she hung up. I didn’t get to say goodbye.

“Who was Ally?” Sandy asked me, after Ally hung up on me.

“She’s my best friend”

“Oh! I didn’t know you had best friend” I rolled my eyes at her. “I want to meet her, she seems nice”

“You’ll meet her someday, and you two will get along, I’m sure.”
We went upstairs at 10. Because I need to be up early and I should be at the airport three hours before my flight, so we need to sleep early.

♥ ♥ ♥

I woke up at three am, I’ve only slept for a few hours, but I’ll sleep again on the plane so it’ll be fine, Aunt Lerma and Sandy will drive me to the airport and will bid their goodbyes there.

I woke Sandy up the moment I stepped out of her bathroom and she immediately went to take a shower. Yes, shower at three in the morning. When I finished putting on jeans, t-shirt and my red vans, I went downstairs and found Aunt Lerma having coffee in the dining area.

“Where’s Sandy?” she asked me.

“She’s still putting on some clothes, she’ll be down in a minute”

“Okay, have some coffee, I’m gonna get dressed and we’ll drive you to the airport.”

“Thanks Aunt Lerma, I’ll miss you”

“We have time for goodbye later, okay? Don’t make me cry yet,”
she smiled and went to her room to get dressed.

I was just finishing my coffee when they both got down.

“Good Morning Sandy. Coffee?”

“Good Morning too, and sure”

“I’ll just get my luggage while you’re having coffee”

I went upstairs and dragged my luggage downstairs, and Aunt Lerma said she’ll put my things in the car while I wait for Sandy to finish her coffee.

“Hey we’ll talk at skype okay?”

“of course!” she finishes her coffee put the mug in the sink
We arrived at the airport exactly three hours before my flight.

Twelve more hours and I’m back to my boring old life, back to being the “boring Cassie” that everybody knows. Little did they know, something has changed. Even though I won’t admit it to Sandy, I’m loving the music I’ve newly discovered. Before I left Sandy’s house, I sneak some of her music and copied it to my phone. I copied The Summer Set’s album. I won’t forget this vacation, mainly because of John Gomez.
♠ ♠ ♠
Should I continue with the story? please let me know.