My Beloved Victim

Chapter 1

It had been a long night, and his eyes where beginning to feel heavy as fatigue began to set in, but he wasn't ready to give up, not until he had heard the satisfactory Pop that he had longed to hear since before he had even managed to catch his prey.

She writhed beneath him gasping for breath as his hands tightened around her aching neck, she was close to giving up with her body throbbing, her mouth dry and throat hurting, she had taken all she could at the hands of this viscous killer. She almost welcomed death, as a final attempt for a small amount of mercy, she made another plea

"Sylar, please..."

He looked down at her, and the way dim orange street light that poured in from outside flooded the prettiest parts if her face, the soft contour of her lips and her high cheek bones. a smile curled across his lips as he felt the same arousal that had vaguely swept over him earlier on in the evening, there was something about this one, this one he wanted to bide his time, he didn't want to slice her skin knowing that would leave unsightly scars, and he didn't want to tarnish such a soft and perfect creation. He became excited as blood began to trickle from her nostril and cascaded towards her eyes, although he felt it a shame, if she where to be blinded by her own blood she wouldn't see her fate.

She felt her chest begin to restrict and burn as death crept slowly closer in a bid to lessen the pain she allowed her body to go limp, she stopped trying to fight Sylar away, knowing that she wouldn't win, not now, she had no strength or energy to beat him away, not enough to increase her chances of survival, she began to drift off fantasizing about killing him her self, springing up, snapping his neck and leaving his body to be ravaged by feral animals.

He found it strange that he wasn't getting the same satisfaction from this as he would any other victim, he loosened his grip from her throat and glanced down at her face, she was now still and a burning nausea grew in the pit of his stomach as bile rose in his throat. remaining in position he lent forward pushing her hair back off of her soft face, her eyes where now closed, he whispered with a broken voice,

"Rayne?"

His heart began to race violently as it dawned on him he didn't want her dead, he wanted her as his own, the past few months began to settle in to place, the way he followed her and the sickening anger he felt when she spoke to other people, the sleepless nights where his mind danced being plagued with thoughts of her.

He changed position to straddle her hips, looking down at her he began to slowly lower his head on to her chest, putting his ear as close as possible with out startling her, he listened in the silence for a few moments, a sigh of relief escaped his tired body as he heard a faint heartbeat.

He moved his head towards her face almost snaking his way up her slender figure, a figure that would drive any "ordinary" human to the brink of insane lust, but Sylar knew he was more than that he was above Normal status and he relished the power he had over people.

He whispered in her ear,

"Rayne? its done you can wake up now?"

She remained still her hand twitching ever so slightly, He moved from on top of her and sat cross legged on the floor beside her bruised, battered body, he put his head in his hands, his mind racing trying to find a solution to his problem, deciding he couldn't let her slip away, he needed to fix her.

He stood gently tucking her arms across her chest and lifting her from the cold dirty floor, where she had fallen just hours earlier after he had failed to sedate her and kill her quietly, he thought that could be why he was so fond of her, because she had put up a fight rather than cowering in fear, he respected that. He liked a fight and a challenge it made the thrill more intense.

He looked down lovingly at her peaceful face his heart beating slightly faster, he made his way out of what he called "his place" and lay her gently in the back seat of his car, placing a grubby blanket over her to retain as much warmth as possible. he got in to the old silver ford and pulled away heading into the night.

She remained quiet and was only aware of a softness beneath her and a warmth enveloping her as she continued with her dreams of ending Sylar herself, her body was aching as the warmth set in making her joints go painfully stiff, she was comfortably numb.

the car came to a stop, he gently slipped what could have been her corpse from the back of it, carrying her towards his one bedroom apartment, in the same gentle manner as he had done before, he shoulder the door open and kicked it closed, the fresh rain dancing down the dirty windows casting eerie shadows across the room, he looked around the cramped grubby place he called home for a place to lay the gentle being he hand in his arms before deciding on the cheap double bed that took up the majority of the next room.

she was aware of movement and the smell of dust informed her of being in a new place, she was aware of her breaths becoming more shallow and the searing pain that once tormented her exhausted body was now dying down, she knew death was coming, she began to relax sinking into the soft surface below her, she felt free. Free of Sylar and free of pain.

He gave her one more loving glace before laying next to her, once again placing his muscular chapped hands around her soft throat, gently caressing the air ways encouraging them to widen, he stroked the few stray blonde locks from her face and supported her head with a hand gently placed above the occipital of her skull, he gently lifted her chin, placing his lips on to hers and breathing deeply in an attempt to jump start her breathing, he followed this by pumping down on to her chest. he wasn't going to let her leave him like this.

She was running her heart racing, the sound of her feet hitting the old wooden floor echoed around what she could only assume was a blood splattered squatters home, she knew who he was from his tall frame dark eyes and neat dark hair, her feet stumbled over one another, her arms flew out in front of her in order to break her fall, a weight fell across her body as she tried to roll over, her eyes locked with his for a split second, she saw his fist raise to the side of his face, the same evil smile crept across his lips as his fist collided with the side of her head, a bright light shot through her vision as a knuckle connected with her eye socket, she looked up at him in shock her vision blurred, she could make out his face, contorted in to an evil snarl, and his hand gripping something tightly, before she could make out what it was, he slammed it in to her skull, a white hot pain tore through her head as she felt her own sticky blood slipped down her face making a small pool in her ear.

Her vision became clear again and she looked around the room she was now in, dark nicotine stained the walls and ceiling and the smell of dust and stale smoke filled her lungs leaving a rancid taste in her mouth, she sensed another presence in the room, she rolled over the cheap wooden bedframe creaking loudly in protest to her movements, as the room came in to focus, she gasped choking on the air she had just inhaled. Sylar looked back at her, their eyes locking together for a few seconds, before fear engulfed her insides.

she struggled for a few long moments trying to untangle her long pained limbs from the bedding, before standing up and stumbling down the hallway towards the front door, the room swung around her making her head throb violently,

"Rayne?! Stop!"

His voice made her feel sick, made her flesh crawl she kept stumbling forward, hearing his footsteps close in on her she panicked, falling to the floor. he dropped down next to her once again stroking her hair and trying to settle what once would have been his prize kill.

Her limbs flailed wildly as she tried to stand back up, another sharp blow crashed down on to the back of her skull.