Status: Chaptered (In-Progress)

Last Hope

Lost Hope

TRIGGER WARNING: SELF HARM AND IMPLIED SUICIDE.

I heard the screaming and crying before I saw her. I ran up the stairs to the bathroom, my mind racing with panic. I stopped short of the doorway as the smell hit me. I took a deep breath and walked into the bathroom. Blood- and lots of it. It was in a small puddle around her, running from her wrists in a steady stream. I rushed over to her, grabbing the nearest towels on the way, I wrapped the towels around her wrists, tying them tightly as I could with shaking hands. I held her head in my hands, blood smearing onto her face, I looked into her eyes, they were dark and tears were dripping down her face.
'I'm sorry Alex, please forgive me... I left you something on my desk. Promise me you'll read it...you have to'. Her eyelids drooped shut, I grabbed her shoulder.
'Hey, keep your eyes open alright, it's going to be okay...you're going to be okay' I whispered, pulling the towels, which were now soaked through with blood, tighter around her wrists. She shook her head, her mouth forming a small, sad smile.
'You have to let me go, it's alright, I want to' she replied. She grabbed my hand and looked me in the eyes. 'You have to let me go' she repeated. I shook my head, tears falling onto our joined hands.
'I can't' I said.
'Please...' she said, so quiet that I wouldn't have caught it if not for our proximity.
'Okay' I answered. She laughed, a small puff of air.
'Okay' she replied 'Nice to know that before I go'. I leant forward and kissed her forehead.
'Okay' I repeated. She nodded and her eyes slipped shut. Her hand fell from mine, I laid her down, letting out a breath I didn't know I was holding. Just like that... a piece of me was gone too.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it's short, but I had such a hard time writing this, and I'm not even happy with the end result. Also, sorry i've taken so long to update! I've just had a lot of shit happening in my life.