Status: Coming Soon!

Someone Else's Angel

Haunted

Lights dazzled as she spun around and around and air was sucked from her mouth when it opened. Beth laughed at the exhilaration of it all, she almost felt like she was flying, without wings and only his strong hands on hers to make sure she would never fall.

The spinning stopped, and Beth staggered on her high heeled feet and put her hand to her dizzy head. She hadn't wanted it to end but he couldn't spin her around forever. Sooner rather than later, they eventually had to stop and allow the world to resume.

The music played on, and the other dancers on the ballroom floor looked sideways at the exuberant couple, shaking their heads slightly, showing their disapproval. But Beth didn't care; she was having such a good time.

His hand snaked around her back, pulling her closer to him so she could lean against his chest. Jeremy sighed and Beth could feel his hear beat a little faster and she smiled, her hand pressing flat against his stomach feeling the taut muscles that were present underneath his shirt.

They resumed a slower dance, less crazy and more romantic. Beth felt her breath hitch in her throat as Jeremy’s finger came under her chin and tugged her head up so she was staring into his eyes. For a moment, she was falling again, yet stood upright. She fell into his eyes, swimming in the overpowering brown orbs that stared at her. Sometimes Beth felt Jeremy could see right into her. He could reach straight into her soul and know exactly what she was feeling and thinking. It scared her a little but she couldn't pull away.

He had been guiding her with his feet, gently and persuasively dancing away from the floor and towards the open garden doors that led to well-kept lawns and flower beds.

Jeremy stepped away from her and led her down towards the fountain of the big house. She had never been anywhere so grand but Jeremy was from a privileged background and knew all sorts of people who invited him to these kinds of events.

Beth listened to the water and relished the slight spray of fine mist on her hot skin. The dance had been too much and she felt like she just wanted to take him home and do a different sort of tango.

“I love you.”

Beth startled, her big blue eyes opening wide and staring at Jeremy. He had never said those words before and though she knew she loved him too, had loved him for months, she couldn't help but keep her mouth closed for a moment. Jeremy was usually so sure of himself and in control, she had never seen him look so vulnerable. He looked at her with an open expression on his face and as he reached up to nervously fix his tie; she noticed his hand was shaking.

And then Beth smiled, “I love you too Jeremy. I think I always have.”

Jeremy laughed, joy lighting up his already handsome face and he pulled her close. He cupped her face in his large hand and he kissed her. And then he really kissed her. Beth gasped into his mouth as his teeth tugged at her lips opening them. His tongue grazed her, hot and heavy. She felt her knees shake with a sudden lust and she moaned as his other hand began to skim up her leg…now she really needed to get him home…

“Jeremy,” she moaned, “let’s go home.”

Jeremy opened his eyes and looked at her, a playful twinkle entering them. He looked around and suddenly dragged her behind a hedge.

“No-one’s around,” he chuckled as he continued to trail kisses down her neck and trail his hand somewhere else.

“Jeremy, no! “Beth gasped.

And then he did something that caused her to throw her head back and-


Beth Styles woke up with a shout and her breath heaved in and out. She moaned with frustration, untangling her legs from her sweaty sheets and bunching her long blonde hair in her hands. She was sick of these dreams, these constant dreams of the man who had broken her heart and left it in shattered pieces on the ground before walking away.

A single tear dropped onto her finger and she growled, “No! No more crying Beth! It’s been more than six months and that bastard deserves no more of your tears…it’s time to move on!”

It was then Beth noticed her phone flashing on the bedside table. She frowned, glancing at the clock on the wall. It was 3:30 am…who on earth would be calling this early in the morning? An awful clammy feeling of foreboding suddenly gripped her heart.

She looked at the caller ID and even more chills shot straight down her back. Why would Henry be calling her? They hadn't spoken in more than six months…

She swiped the answer icon and shakily, raised the phone to her ear, “Hello, Henry?”

“Oh Beth…thank god!” Henry’s voice came out broken, as if he was crying. “Thank god you answered, I didn't know whether I should call you but then I did and...”

Beth cut him off, “Henry…what’s going on?”

Henry went silent and then in a small voice, Beth’s world suddenly collapsed, “It’s Jeremy, he’s dead.”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a story that just came into my head and won't go away. It's not the ideal time for me to start it as I'm in the middle of writing a 10,000 word thesis but I just had to write it.
I'm really exciting though to write this and write about Jeremy and Beth...I have a feeling that it's going to be really good and I'm going to really enjoy telling their story!

It was inspired by this song!

p.s please forgive me for the shaky layout...I'm unused to the new way as I haven't made a layout since Mibba updated itself. I'll sort it all out eventually and the layout will be better!