Status: In progress but looking for feedback. The Prologue has been trimmed! More chapters coming soon :)

Always Anyways...

Prologue: The End

"But you, my daughter, you will linger on in darkness and in doubt as nightfall in winter that comes without a star. Here you will dwell bound to your grief under the fading trees until all the world is changed and the long years of your life are utterly spent."

Your hands were at my throat, with such a wild look in your eyes. I felt the heat of your anger as you pushed me back against a wall, holding me there. I pleaded with you to remember our love. I believed that our love was stronger then any magicks that might overtake you. But I was wrong.

For in the shadows, I saw her. The Sorceress...how she snuck in, I will never know. But I have seen her affects so clearly now. Slowly she robbed you off your goodness, and then of your kindness and last, the strongest of all, she drained you of our love. The magicks corrupted you...they took you and twisted your mind. And with it our love was choked off and faded away, like a rose entwined in ivy.

My tears were only halted by my shock as you screamed to have me removed from your presence. Had my ladies not taken up my cause, I fear you would have seen my life drain from my eyes with your bare hands. The way your lips curled into a sneer, the evilness that has filled your eyes now. I fills me with utter fear. My ladies and mages did not hesitate, and removed me from your halls before more harm could come to me. There are nights I can still feel your hands on my throat, tightening ever stronger.

Despite the truth I knew deep in my heart yet you swayed my mind, despite my own love and its resulting blindness, I never did believe your love could be so twisted. All things come to an end, even the greatest of loves. But to this end, corrupted and tainted with such evil and darkness. I could never have foresaw this.

The nights are the hardest, because I remember when you would come. I remember when you would whisper such words of love in my hear. I remember all the promises you made and the dreams you weaved for us. Those memories are the hardest to overcome.

Here now in my humble cottage, with my ladies and my family's knights at the door, I foolishly dream of the day that my sweet Lord would return to me. I dream of the day the magicks are banished from your mind and your heart, and your goodness returned. I dream of the futures you weaved for us.

But alas....as we began, we have ended...and I am left with only dreams.
♠ ♠ ♠
Written to her love