Game On

The Lucky One

I woke up in the same clothes I had fell asleep in. I opened my eyes and saw Carter sleeping on the couch and Skylar sleeping on the bean bag chair. I was upset they hadn't woken me when Carter got back, yet relieved because I realized I must have really been tired, the way I passed out. I debated on waking Carter up, but I knew my best friend and I also knew she was not one to be disturbed when sleeping. I looked at my phone and saw my 3 undead texts 2 were from Casidee, a friend from my visit to London last year. And one was from Harry. I couldn't decide if I should open it now or assess the damage later. I knew I had to open it sooner or later, but which was better? I felt incredibly bad leading him on like this, especially after he told me how he thought I was special, and wouldn't play him, like I am. I thought of how broken he would be when and if he finds out. I heared a knock on my door and I threw my phone on my bed.
"Hey, dad," I said as I stepped out of my room and closed the door.
"Hey sweets. I was hoping we could talk?" He asked. I nodded and we sat down.
"Now, dear, I'm glad you went out last night and finally stopped studying, but I'm worried," my dad said.
"Why?" I asked him.
"You've got a lot on your plate, SAT's, college applications, your essay, I mean I don't want you studying 24/7 but I mean dating a famous pop star? It could be hard. Those people are reckless, and I've seen more than enough celebrity scandals. You never have a private moment when you date someone like this. I just want to make sure it's what you want," he said. I thought about a side of Harry I have never thought of. He was a year older than me and I knew about Caroline Flack, and his 'cougar' reputation. Maybe that could be a way to let him down. Tell him about school, and that I wasn't a 'cougar' to him.
"Don't worry dad, it was just a date, we aren't official or anything. I'm sure I won't see him again," I said comfortingly. That seemed to be enough for him and he smiled.
"Okay dear, im going to go work on those pancakes," he kissed my head before he headed down the stairs. I sighed, taking a moment to take in what he said. I opened my door and saw carter awake.
"How was it? Tell me everything," I commanded. She blushed.
"It was amazing! We are an item!" Carter said. I gasped.
"Noooo way!!!!" I smiled.
"It was amazing. After dinner we watched the notebook. Well we didn't really watch if you get what I'm saying," She said. I squealed.
"Amazing amazing amazing!!!!" I was hyperventilating at the news.
"And you?" She asked
"Well...." I began.
"Spill, everything. NOW" carter warned.
"It was awesome.....perfect I...." I could barely finish
"Yes?" She asked trying not to crack a smile.
"And then he kissed me on the beach and he asked if I wanted him to and I said yes and it was amazing and now I'm....torn," no one realized Skylar was listening to the conversion until she suddenly burst out singing.
"Nothing's fine I'm torn!" She quoted one of the songs One Direction sang on the X-factor. Carter and I burst out laughing.
"Exactly" I said falling into my pillow,"
"Veronica we need to talk" Carter said seriously.
"What?" She asked.
"Niall....he really likes me. And I really like him. And that band is closer than you could ever imagine and if you hurt Harry, and Niall knows I knew about it this whole time and didn't tell him he will hate me," Carter said quickly, but emotionally. I thought about it. The last thing I wanted to do was hurt my bestie, and I did kinda like Harry.....but now I couldn't possibly end things, without him asking why I was suddenly ending it after I led him to believe i liked him. What would I say?
"Hey, Harry, I really only used you for an essay and now I don't need ya, glad you like me but you will get over it. See ya,"
That didn't sound very sympathetic and i couldn't do it. I can hardly speak in complete sentences when he is close to me. I sighed.
"Okay. I won't break up with him," I said.
"You know this is going to fall apart soon. It would be easiest to tell him now while he isn't too attached. Carter could pretend she didn't know," Skylar suggested. It sounded legit to me.
"No way. I'm not lying to Niall," she protested.
"Fine. But I'll be here to say I told you so when this doesn't work out." She said.
"You are so supportive it's crazy," Carter said sarcastically.
"I know," Skylar smiled. I looked down at my phone, and opened the text from Harry.
-Lunch at my place later? I want you to meet the lads. -Haz Xx-
I sighed and flipped open my keyboard.
"Love to" I replied. I could learn to love Harry until I went off to college in the fall and he went on his world tour. It's not like any boys were checking me out anyway. Being with a famous singer wouldn't be to terrible, not at all.
"Someone's smiling," Carter taunted.
"I'm going to lunch at Harry's. he wants me to meet the guys," i said.
"YOU GET TO MEET ALL OF ONE DIRECTION, AGAIN!!??" Skylar yelled. I felt bad she had been the only one not set up with someone. As of now every member of the band except Harry-who hasn't asked yet- have that special someone and Skylar got the short end of the stick.
"I'm sure they wouldn't mind if you come," I said. Skylar stood up and started doing her super dorky happy dance she had created and Carter laughed until we cried.
"Speaking of this fabulous lunch," carter joked, "I smell pancakes,"
"Lets go," I said, hopping off the bed.
"Do you think he made them into shapes?" Carter asked, referring to something my dad did whenever Skylar and carter slept over when we were young, and he thought it should continue this long.
"Carter, is there any other way to eat pancakes?"
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
We pulled up the the guys mansion.
"Holy..." Skylar gaped when she saw the place. I laughed.
"I know right?" I parked and got out of the car.
"Can I knock! Please!!" She begged.
"Of course, but um, sky, please don't act like a completely creepy crazed fan, okay?" I asked. She took a deep breath.
"Okay. I can do this." She knocked on the door and Louis was there to greet us.
"Hey there, ladies," he said motioning with his arm to come on in. For once, Skylar was at a loss for words.
"Thanks Lou," I said. We walked in and all the guys surrounded the table, aside from harry, who was no where in sight.
"Thank goodness your here we are STARVING!" Niall shouted when we entered the kitchen.
"Hello to you to Niall, and your always hungry," I said to him. He smiled.
Harry ran down the stairs. His hair was wet which was so cute.
"Hey babe," he said quickly kissing my cheek before taking a seat.
"Everyone this is my friend, Skylar," I said motioning to her.
"Hi Skylar," all the boys said in unison. She squealed.
"Hi!"
"She is a big fan," I explained, " I hope you don't mind I brought her," I said.
"Of course we don't, the more the merrier," Liam said. He truly was the daddy directioner.
"I'm such a huge fan! I have all of your posters! And albums," she said proudly.
"That's awesome," Zayn said.
"You know what else is awesome?" Niall asked, "EATING," he said, answering his own question. We laughed.
"Dig in," Harry announced.
We did so, and as Harry reached over to grab the ketchup he planted a soft kiss on my cheek, making me blush again.
"None of that at the table you two!" Niall said.
"Oh don't you think we didn't see you and your girl in the theater room last night," Louis taunted Niall, making him blush.
"Getting all cuddly-wuddly," Zayn said making kissing noises. We all laughed.
"And I can not believe you watched the notebook without me," Harry said, looking hurt, I laughed at him.
"You and your chick flicks,"
"I'm sorry, but they just get to me," he said. Making us laugh again.
We wrapped up the eating.
"Anyone up for a movie?" Liam asked.
"I'm choosing!" Harry said taking my hand and running up to the theater room.
Everyone slowly followed up behind.
"Please tell me it's grease," Louis said, grease was his favorite movie.
"Nope," Harry said.
"No way hazza not your favorite," Liam begged.
"Not that either," Harry laughed. Harry popped The Lucky One in the player.
"More Nicholas sparks," Niall sighed.
"This is my favorite movie!" I squealed, "Zach Effron is so hot in this one,"
"True that sister," Skylar said, high fiving me. She was positioned right in between Liam and Louis.
"Woooah," Harry said. I laughed.
"Almost as cute as you," I said.
"OOOOH!" Niall and Zayn said.
"Shush the movie is starting," I warned. I couldn't focus. I kept thinking about what a great time I had, and how I genuinely had a great time.
I was falling asleep and Harry took notice. He put his arm around my back pulling me into his chest. My eyes fluttered shut, and I slowly fell asleep.
I woke up in the position I had fell asleep in, and saw Harry snoring next to me. I figured the others had gone to their rooms and was glad they left us here.
I nudged Harry and his eyes slowly opened.
"Good morning sunshine," he said.
Skylar popped her head in.
"Liam and I made breakfast. And Ronnie, you missed the kissing scenes," She said before she left.
"Darn," I said. Harry laughed "I doubt he is even a good kisser," I brought my mouth to his.
"I should shower," I told him.
"Of course, babe. Ill show you the bathroom." He held my hand and lead me to the room at the end of the hall.
"You sure you can handle this?" He asked flirtatiously.
"I think so," I flirted back. He frowned at I shut the door at him.
I showered quickly. I didn't have any clothes so I ran to Harry's room in nothing but a towel.
"Hey..." I said awkwardly.
"Duh, you need a shirt," he said, as if he was reading my mind.
He through a shirt at me that said
"I ❤ Harry Styles" I laughed.
"You seriously own one of these?" I laughed at him.
"Best invention ever," he said.
I went into the bathroom and but on the oversized shirt with my skinny jeans. I tied up the shirt in the back. I jogged down the stairs to see Harry and Louis dancing around the living room.
"IM SEXY AND I KNOW IT,"they sang. I laughed as I watched from where they couldn't see. They did their classic in betweeners dance, and Louis' stop the traffic, let em through. I walked in the room and clapped.
They dramatically bowed.
We went into the kitchen to see what Skylar and Liam prepared. Harry and I had settled eating our omelets when Niall walked in.
"Haz, have you seen this?" He asked handing a magazine to Harry. his eyes widened and he sighed.
"Every moment," he said.
"What?" I asked, frightened.
"Veronica Im so sorry. This is my fault. I should have known..." Harry said.
I grabbed the magazine from him. Front cover was a picture of Harry and I walking along the beach. Crap. So maybe some paps saw us, it didn't mean anything, right?
"What's the prob?" I asked.
"Your not upset?" Harry asked.
"Why would I be? You can't expect us to go out and paparazzi not to find out, your world famous, Harry," I said. He breathed a sigh of relief.
"I guess I need to ask you something, because I can not possibly wait any longer," Harry smiled flirtatiously. He got down on one knee.
"Veronica. Would you do me the honor, of being my girlfriend?" He asked. He smiled and I got lost in those green eyes and dimples.
"Hmmm..." I said sarcastically "well.....I don't know,"
"Don't leave him hanging!" Louis shouted.
"Yes!" I smiled. Harry put his mouth to mine and I rubbed my hands through his amazing hair.
The boys cheered again.
"You guys see everything don't you?" I asked them, pulling away from the Kiss.
"Is that what you were thinking about the whole time we kissed?" Harry laughed.
"Hmm... Yes," I said, making him laugh. Skylar squealed.
"I have seen YouTube videos of you laughing but I have never been able to hear it in person!"
"There are YouTube videos of me laughing?" Harry asked. I laughed at his lack of knowledge.
"Yup," I informed him, "laughing and sneezing,"
He looked surprised.
"You would think you would keep up to date about YOURSELF," Liam said.
"You guys have seen them?" He asked. I took out my phone and pulled up the videos to show him. He was pretty amused.
"1 million views??" He gaped.
"I'm sure 25% of those are mine," Skylar said shyly.
"The price of fame," Niall laughed.
"Who knew," he said.
"Well are you and your new girlfriend going to eat the omelets we worked so hard to prepare of what?" Liam asked. We picked up or forks.
"Girlfriend..... That has a nice ring to it," Harry laughed.
"And you guys better not have videotaped that!"
➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖➖
"Bye, babe," Harry said, walking Skylar and I out.
"Bye boyfriend," I said putting emphasis on boyfriend. He smiled.
"Your going to have to let go of my hand," I laughed.
"Oh right," he blushed.
"Oh, your shirt!" I said.
"Keep it," he said causally.
"Haz, it's yours," I said.
"Consider it an anniversary gift. Plus it looks great on you," he Winked. I reached up and quickly kissed him.
"Thanks, bye Harry," I waved as I opened my car door.
"Bye GIRLFRIEND!" He shouted as I closed my car door.
"Oh my gosh he loves you!" Skylar squealed. I blushed.
"You think?" I asked.
"Did you see him last night? Kissing you every chance he got. The boys offered to wake you up last night and he wouldn't let anyone near you!" She said. I was freaking. I really liked Harry. And I couldn't imagine breaking up with him at this point. The essay thing dawned on me. It was due in a week and I hadn't even began. But Harry... Harry styles.
He was mine, and I was his. We'd only been together a week and only been an item for less than an hour but everything felt so comfortable. It felt like nothing could ever go wrong when I was with him.
If I only knew.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guysss!!!!
Soo.... I just realized that both of my stories have the same title pic... So I'm going to keep this one the same and change always!! AND, I'm going 2 b writing a new story that isn't 1D fanfic, so b sure 2 check tht out!
Luv u all!
Xxx
Khloe