Status: Introduction

Reunion

Prologue

PEOPLE MAGAZINE, August 3rd, 2018
ONE DIRECTION WEDDING
Wedding bells are ringing for at least one of the boys of One Direction as Liam Payne and dancer Danielle Peazer tied the knot this weekend at the country estate of his manager Simon Cowell. The pair have dated off and on for eight years and announced late last year that they were planning to marry. The event was everything you would expect a pop star's wedding to be with lavish flower arrangements, plenty of food and star-studded entertainment by friends of the singer. Around him as well were his four best men, the other members of One Direction.. Niall, Harry, Louis and Zayn who were all looking just as smart in custom suits.
When asked if this would affect his career with the busy and succesful band, Liam only said that while he had to juggle the priorities, he loved both parts of his life and was determined to make them both work. Danielle stated the same, saying that she would always support what he did, that she knew what she was getting into long ago and loved the life they have created together. We wish the happy couple many years of happiness!

US WEEKLY, April 6, 2019
SAY IT AIN"T SO!

One Directioners were heartbroken today as they heard the news they had been dreading for weeks. The band is officially calling it quits after nine very successful years together. It was released in a statement by the band's publicist only hours ago and stated that the breakup was amicable and that there was a possibility of future projects together.
'After nine amazing years together, Louis, Liam, Niall, Zayn and Harry have decided that the time has come for them to explore opportunitues beyond their group. They remain friends and will always look back on this time with great fondness. Each of them enjoyed a time together that only the others can understand and look forward to working together on future projects.'
Rumors have been flying through the music world that internal issues were causing the men to question their future together. With Liam's recent marriage, Zayn's rumored binge drinking, Harry and Louis working on solo projects and Niall shopping around for television gigs, the band has spent little time working on their new album which was to be released in another month. Other sources claim that not only careers but personality conflicts were causing strife and that the men could barely stand to be in the same room together.
Simon Cowell, the band's manager and mentor, released a statement verifying that he knew of the breakup and was saddened to hear it. He had nurtured their careers from the very beginning and had grown very close to each of the members.
'I love them like they were my own children and wish them success on future endevours. I hope they know that they will always be able to ask me for anything and I will be there to help."

ESQUIRE MAGAZINE, June 12, 2020
ZAYN MALIK COMES OUT OF THE CLOSET, AND IS PROUD OF IT

After years of hiding his secret, Zayn Malik recently announced that he is gay. The former One Direction member spoke publicly for the first time about how struggling with his sexual identity near the end of the band's time together became so overwhelming that he turned to alcohol and began a downward spiral that ended after the breakup when a good friend told him he was afraid for Zayn's life.
"I couldn't handle it anymore. The constant lying, the girls screaming at us, having to pretend that I wasn't struggling everyday. It became too hard and alcohol became my way to cope. I was drinking to escape and forget about what I was trying to figure it out. After the band broke up, it became even easier to hide away. I had no responsibilities and had no one to answer to. It was at this point that a good friend came to me and convinced me to go to rehab. They made me realize that I had to face the issues I was dealing with sober. They saved my life."
When asked who the friend was, Zayn would not say. And he also would not talk about how his sexuality affected the band and whether it was a reason behind the breakup.
"The lads didn't know anything about it. I hadn't talked to them and so they only saw the drunk and pissed off Zayn. They asked many times but I couldn't explain. I kept it to myself. Myself and the alcohol."
Zayn is now working on a solo project and says that he is enjoying his life and being single and is working on being comfortable with himself through the music. His album is due to be released late this year.

PEREZHILTON.COM, April 22, 2022
HARRY STYLES GETS MARRIED, AGAIN!

Solo superstar Harry Styles married model Carrie Winter this weekend in Las Vegas. The couple have known each other for only three months and sources say the marriage was a surprise to everyone around them. Harry was in town to perform at The Hard Rock Hotel and the wedding occurred shortly after his show at the Elvis Wedding Chapel.
This is Harry's second marriage. He married singer Taylor Swift in early 2021 but the marriage only lasted six months when allegations of adultary caused Swift to file for divorce which was finalized earlier this year.

PEOPLE MAGAZINE, May 2, 2022
LIFE AFTER ONE DIRECTION

Three years after the breakup of his band, Niall Horan says he is the happiest he has been in a long time. Busy with television hosting gigs ever since the band decided to go their seperate ways, the blonde says that he has found a balance in his life that was not there in 2019. A balance that includes regular work on television, a home in the suburbs and girlfriend Lisa Mitchell.
"It was all about everybody else at the end," he says about the final days of One Direction. "Everybody was dealing with their own stuff and I was getting drawn into it. I like to help people, be the mediator so it was hard for me to see guys who had been so close at each other's throats all the time."
Niall is the first member to speak about the breakdown of the friendships that formed the basis of the band. While he would not go into details, he did say that many of the rumors of internal clashes were true but overblown by the press.
"We certainly did fight, have our very heated disagreements. But I will say that the reports of physical altercations were complete rubbish. We never crossed that line. We were still brothers in many ways."
We also asked him about Zayn Malik revealing that he is gay and whether or not that was a part of the reason the band decided to split.
"Absolutely not. None of us had a clue what he was dealing with except we knew he was drinking too much. Zayn kept the rest of it to himself. Whenwe decided to split, we all just sat down one day and each of us agreed we'd had enough. We needed to walk away before we hated each other. Zayn was no different and he was still our brother. I'm happy that he was able to deal with his pain and become comfortable with his own skin. We talk every now and then and he sounds like he is doing well. He sounds happy."
When asked about the relationships today, he says there was damage done and not everyone is as close as they were in those days. Niall does see Liam Payne quite regularly and stays in contact with the rest of them but admits that there have been struggles to keep the relationships intact.
"It's hard because we each have our own lives, our own stuff to deal with. I don't think it will ever be the same as it was when we started. It was a special time."
It was recently announced that Niall will be hosting the next series for Strictly Come Dancing. Niall says he is looking forward to it.
"It should be fun. I like shows like that, ones that people turn in to escape, that the whole family can watch. I hope that I can be a part of it for a long time."

US WEEKLY March 10, 2023
LOUIS TOMLINSON DIVORCE FINALIZED

After six months of fierce negotiations, the divorce of model Louis Tomlinson has been finalized in London today. Eleanor Caldor and former One Direction member Louis Tomlinson were married in September of 2020 after dating since October of 2011 and had no children together. It was Eleanor who had filed for divorce under the grounds of adultary, stating that Louis had enjoyed the model lifestyle a little too much. Louis has denied the allegations saying that he was faithful to his wife throughout the marriage. All court records have been sealed so the truth never be known.

PEOPLE MAGAZINE, May 17, 2023
LIAM PAYNE LAID TO REST

Today, the music world gathered to mourn the loss and celebrate the life of former One Direction band member Liam Payne, who passed away from a rare form of cancer on Tuesday. It was only announced one month ago that Liam had been fighting the disease since February and at the time, sounded hopeful for a recovery. But he was unable to make the comeback and died at home surrounded by family and friends.
Even though he had been out of the public eye and doing music production since the stormy breakup of One Direction four years ago, many musical peers attended including such liminaries as long-time manager Simon Cowell and friends Ed Sheeran, Little Mix and Cher Lloyd.
While ex-bandmates Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson also attended, it seems time may not have healed all riffs. Harry Styles, who is currently completing the South American portion o fhis solo 'Rock This' tour, sent a message extending his sympathies but remained in Brazil. Also absent was Zayn Malik, who has completely vanished from the public eye. He too sent a short public notice of sympathy but stayed away from the service.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know I am still working on the Romantic and The Cynic but I can't get this out of my head and need to get it down. Updates will be happening.