Status: rewriting i think

Heartache

Questions

Two days later, Juliette was in her bedroom. The door was locked. She didn't really want to talk to anyone. She put her headphones on. She turned up the volume. She lay on her bed staring at the ceiling. She wished she was normal. She wished her life was normal. But she wouldn't not if she kept living with her parents. The window was open, she shivered as the wind blew. Her phone began to ring. She groaned. Who could it be? She picked it up right after the second ring. "Juliette?" It was James. "Oh...hello James," she said quickly. "Hey," He said huskily. "So what's up?" She felt so weird talking on the phone with him. What if she said something wrong? "I saw the game last night are you okay?" She asked. "Well...not really," He sounded sad. Juliette wanted to do something to make him feel better but she didn't know what. "D-do you want me to come over...?" She thought she sounded so desperate. "Uh...sure," He said. She knew exactly what they were going to do. She didn't know if she would like it or not. Maybe she would.

She knocked twice. "Oh hi Juliette," he ran his fingers through his messy hair. "Hey," Juliette sighed. "Come in, if you like," He said letting her in. It was so awkward. "I heard about the game...I guess you guys aren't in the-" She stopped suddenly. She didn't want to mention it. She didn't know if she should or not. "Juliette it's okay, it's the truth," He tried to smile. It was just a game, right? "Oh...I just thought," she looked down at her feet. "No it's fine, anyways what do you want to do?" James said as he sat on his couch. Juliette sat next to him. "I don't know..." Juliette shrugged, "Whatever you want." Juliette bit her already bloody lips. She tasted the blood, the metal taste lingering in her mouth. "Whatever I want," he repeated. Juliette thought she knew what he was thinking. "Have you ever been skating?"

Why had she agreed? Juliette had gone skating with him. It was the worse thing she could ever agree on. She hated skating. But James had told her he would gel her. He had promised and kept it. Juliette somehow thought James wouldn't but he had. That's why she was gripping his large hand with her small bony one. Her knuckles were turning white. She was scared. She had a fear of falling. Juliette had only fallen once. But it was only just the beginning. She made small strides with her skates. Only the sounds of their skates scrapping against the ice were heard. They had been silently skating for the past couple of minutes. "J-James," Juliette had broken the awfully silent silence, it had been so silent that you could have heard the sound of a penny drop. "Yeah?" "How do you skate so good? It's so hard," Juliette pouted with her lips and everything. "I guess it just takes a lot of practice," James said, softly. "Well...I guess we should do this more often," Juliette giggled. Her soft giggles echoed throughout the rink. "Well I guess we should," James laughed. Juliette slipped, almost hitting the ice, but james had caught her. They frozen in place, their faces almost touching. They were going to kiss or it seemed like it. They stood up quickly. Different thoughts in their minds.

"Um...I'm sorry." James began.

"No it's okay James, thank you for saving me," Juliette smiled. Had she wished they had kissed? Should they have kissed? So many questions echoed through their heads, so many words left unsaid.

"James," she whispered.

"Yeah?" James said, they were still holding hands. Should he let go?

"Was that-um...Never mind," she shook her head. She wasn't going to ask that question. It would be so awkward.

"Um...I don't know," James shrugged. He hadn't let go. Did he even want to? Juliette looked down at the borrowed skates. They were tied tightly. He had tied them for her. "Do you think that we..." Juliette trailed off. She didn't know where that sentence was going.

"I-I don't really know Juliette," James sighed. Are they even good together? Juliette and James wondered the same thing. None of them had said anything.

"Could we maybe try it?" Juliette said out loud. She didn't know the answer. Maybe James would know.

"Maybe," he shrugged. Maybe hadn't been the answer she had hoped for. Did Juliette even know the answer that she had hoped for?

"James," Juliette started.
"Juliette," he had copied her tone.
"I don't want to ask this question."
"I'll...um Juliette?"
"Yeah..." she knew what was coming, she didn't know what she would say.
"Do you want to be um...my girlfriend?" he had said it. He had done it.
♠ ♠ ♠
What is she going to say? O.o

Anyway keep commenting/subscibing! Hope you love this update!

I'll try to update soon!

xoxo. chloe.