Painted Silence

2/2

He spit ugly words in my direction, my back absorbing them all and letting them sink deep into my skin. I tried to eradicate the poison by painting the silence with words unsaid, but he destroyed my artwork like a fire. There was no more room for reasoning, no more, ‘I’m sorry’s, no more, ‘I miss you’s, no more, ‘Please come back’s. There was just this harsh reality where I had to face the way things were.

But I didn’t want to face the way things were, and the fact that he was gone and he was never coming back. The fact that I had to live with a monster taking the form of somebody that I used to love. So, I left a blank note on my side of the bed, because it said more than I could ever manage to stutter out.

There is no better apology than no apology at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was interesting to write to say the least. I really enjoy writing pieces without dialogue, I feel like as a film student that isn't something we get to do often, so I've noticed I do it more often than not in stories or drabbles. Opinions/ConCrit are always appreciated! Also, the song in the summary is Pensacola by Manchester Orchestra, you should check them out if you're not already a fan, they're pretty awesome.

Word Count: 154