He Saved My Life, Now It's my Turn

Out Of The Blue

“Ray Ray, can we go home please? I’m kinda cold,” I asked quietly, still fighting tears, as he helped me up.

“Of course, Khryssy, which home though? Yours or mine?” Ray answered with another question. He helped me up, keeping me steady, and put his arm around my waist. I smiled, and started walking.

“Hm, yours, I’ll call my mom and tell her I’m spending the night at your house. I really don’t want to go home tonight,” I answered gravely.

Okay, so, it wasn’t really a smart thing to do, but I wasn’t much in the mood to deal with my parents, they wouldn’t let me just go to bed, because they would want to know why I was crying, or what the hell happened, or something like that. I didn’t have an answer for those questions, so I texted my mom to tell her I was spending the night with Ray Ray and the band. Of course she wouldn’t care, I always spent the night at Ray’s house, it was just something best friends did.

“Of all the colors of bedding in the world, you had to pick purple? Really? that’s not very manly,” I laughed, as I sat on Ray’s bed, and scooted back to the wall.

“Yeah, but I bet this is,” he poked back as he put in a movie.

“Oh boy, what are we watching tonight?” I questioned, acting scared and I pulled up my knees. He laughed as he jumped on the bed and pulled my knees over his lap.

“‘Texas Chainsaw Massacre’ why, are you scared?” He teased as the guys sat down in front of the bed we were on. They looked at us like we were crazy, and we just looked at them back. We won the staring war, and then we looked at each other.

“No, just wondering what we were watching mister Macho Man,” I laughed and riffled his puffy fro hair. He grabbed my hand and looked at my wrist, then he grabbed a marker and drew a heart in my wrist. I smiled and put my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes as he started the movie.

We sat like that for a while watching the movie, they guys in front of us jumped at the scaring parts, Ray and I just sat there and laughed at the horror; they obviously had never seen this movie (oh well, first time for everything, right?).

Gerard kept looking at me throughout the night, probably wishing that I was in his arms right now. I looked at him back as if to say “sorry” and he just shrugged. About an hour into the movie, my stomach growled, I laughed and got up to go down to the kitchen. Gerard followed.

We went down to the kitchen and I looked in the freezer, wanting ice cream.

“Khrys, are you okay? You seemed anxious to get out of that room, what’s up?” Gerard questioned.

“Nothing, just hungry, I want ice cream,” I lied badly.%0www.mibba.comKhrys, I know you, what’s wrong?” he asked again. I pulled out the tub of rocky road ice cream and a bowl. Gee pulled out a bunch of toppings, and started talking again. “ You only eat ice cream when you’re upset about something, so tell me what's wrong.”

“Okay, fine. I don’t think I can handle being friends with Ray. After that kiss, it just isn’t the same, these movies aren’t ever going to be the same again, we will never be the same again, and I can’t take it,” I whined.

“Khrys, you can’t let that kiss get between you guys, you have been best friends since kindergarten, you have to let it go. Khrys, this is crazy, it’s a little kiss, just don’t let it make you feel any different.. It’s not going to change,” he tried to comfort me. It didn’t work very well.

“Yeah, but he’s never kissed me before, it’s so weird, we’ve been friends for so long, and i just don’t know what to do. And it’s not like you know what to do, you just want to help because you’re in love with me. I can’t have you help because the only help you will give me is that I should date you. You have no idea how this makes me feel, so just stop trying please,” I answered.

“Khrys--” he started.
“No, please just don’t,” I cut him off with tears in my eyes. I put three scoops of ice cream in my bowl, and covered it with toppings and chocolate syrup. Then I went back up to Ray’s room, and didn’t look at Gerard the rest of the night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh. Can you guess?