The Doctor Meets a New Nightmare

The Doctor's Adventure

It was a few days after that strange man called The Doctor, when Jack was taking a stroll in the forest and came across the Holidays of Auld and the tree with the marked Tar disk, did Jack discover the items that his new friend had left him. With Zero at his heels, Jack headed back to Halloween Town with his discoveries.

He went straight to Sally first, his love, to see what they could make of them, together. He knocked on the door, eager to show her. Sally opened the door to see Jack holding some objects in his hand; she moved aside to let him in.

"You don't have to knock, Jack, this is your house too." She said, moving aside to let him in.

Jack made long strides towards the table and put them down, spreading them out on the table, he picked up one of the books and opened it. Sally joined him at his side, reading aloud as Jack read to himself in his head. Before long Jack could feel a song slip through his mouth.

"What adventures we could have? I wonder what it's like, a world outside Halloween Town," He started off on a low-note, before slowly building himself up with excitement.

"What's this? What's this? A funny hat? What's this? What's this? I saw him wear this hat, I saw that funny man wear this hat." As he finished singing he looked down at Sally with the hat now firmly on his head.

"Oh Jack, surely you aren't thinking of leaving again?" Sally asked, dreading this would come around again. The vision she had not long ago of a place so strange it made her terrified this day would come around, Jack always was curious to explore many new things.

"Do not worry, Sally, I remember your vision but it will be a splendid adventure. He did promise us just one adventure. Think about it, Sally, we could have a date somewhere without Shock, Lock and Barrel around." Jack said, hugging Sally into his body.

Before Sally could answer him, they both heard commotion coming from outside. Sally looked on as Jack tore himself away from her and head off outside. She followed behind him, hoping that the troublemakers of Halloween Town weren't up to anymore mischief. It was always difficult to keep them in line; Oogie Boogie had taught them so much in his time before Jack got rid of him forever.

"Jack. Jack, look what we found in the forest." Shock said, with a man and a woman following behind the three triplets.

"We were taking a walk," Continued Lock, Barrel finishing the conversation.

"...when we saw that man you were talking to before, Jack." Barrel finished, licking his lollipop.

"Well, hello there, Jack. It seems we meet again." The Doctor said, stepping forward to greet Jack.

Jack stood, staring at The Doctor and his strange new friend he had with him. Her hair was much redder than Sally's hair. It startled him to see such a vibrant colour.

"Oh, silly me not introducing you - Amy, this is Jack. Jack, this is my companion, Amy. Amy, Jack. Jack, Amy." The Doctor said gesturing between the two of them, rambling towards the end.

As the introductions were taking place, many of the creatures that The Doctor had meet on his previous visits were coming out to see what Jack was doing with the strange man they had all met previously. The all stood around in the courtyard, listening as the introduction took place between Jack and a strange woman.

"What are you doing here?" said the Mayor of Halloween Town. No sooner had the Mayor finished speaking, his head turned to his sad expression. He hoped that Jack would not do anything to leave him in charge of Halloween Town again.

"Oi, what is this place, Doctor?" She asked, obnoxiously. The Doctor turned to her excitedly.

"I believe this place is called Halloween Town, Amy." The Doctor said, rubbing his hands together. He was hoping now that he was here; Jack and Sally would take his offer to go on an adventure.

He looked over at Sally behind Jack, standing by the gates to Jack's house, looking as terrified as the first time he saw her. He screwed his face up, looking upset; he wanted desperately to change whatever was causing her great discomfort.

"This place is giving me the creeps Doctor, can we go?" Amy, his companion, asked in the strangest voice the creatures had heard.

She rubbed at her upper arms trying to rid herself of the creeps. The Doctor shook his head, looking over at Amy to see she was looking at the three triplets. Now, what were their names? Aha, yes, Shock, Lock and Barrel, the Doctor recalled.

"Not a worry, Amy, we'll be gone before you know it." He said, reassuring his Scottish companion. He turned back to Jack, seeing now that Sally was at his side holding his hand.

"We should go somewhere more private then here, your place, Jack? Yes, I think so. That should do it." The Doctor rambled on, taking no notice of anyone as he headed towards Jack's house.

Amy quickly rushed to his side, Jack and Sally quickly following behind them and away from the courtyard. Everyone else returned to their business, the mayor still looking skeptical that Jack would leave him in charge again. He needed the Pumpkin King more than anyone else in town; he couldn't function on his own.

They were now inside Jack's house, sitting around a small table. The Doctor spoke up, asking once again the question he was dying to hear an answer to.

"So, that adventure? Want one?" The Doctor asked.

Sally looked at Jack, ready to remind him what she had told him but once she saw the strange hat atop his head, she knew there was no point. Jack took a hold of Sally's hand, smiling down at her. He knew what his answer would be already.

"Sorry, Doctor, I can't leave home so close to Halloween," Jack said, looking down at Sally in his arms. Jack began the long explanation that every creature The Doctor had met on his last visit had to practice their scares for kids on Halloween night. He nodded, finally understanding the importance of Halloween Town.

"Well, I suppose you really don't need me then," He said, starting to heading towards the door of Jack's house. Amy was on his heels, glad to finally be leaving this horrifying place.

"But Doctor, I never said you couldn't have an adventure here with us. There's more to be seen in that forest, all those other trees? They go into another place, a place similar to ours but far more different; a different holiday." Jack explained, making The Doctor's eyes widen with excitement. He looked over at Amy for any signs of excitement.

"Why not? Anything to get out of this scary place." She said, giving into the Doctor's childish curiosity. He clapped his hands in glee; he was always ready to learn about new and exciting places - especially ones that existed in another dimension.

He turned to Jack and said, "Nice Fez. Fezzes are cool." The Doctor pointed out as all of them headed out of Jack's house he shared with Sally when she took up the courage to leave her creators house.

The Doctor decided not to mention that his TARDIS could bring them back to this moment, or any moment they wanted, once he had been told he could explore more of this town, so he walked alongside them ignoring the look Amy was giving him. In all his regeneration he had taken on the curiosity of a child, everything excited him beyond any of his previous reincarnations.

Jack took the lead with Sally at his side, as every creature turned to look at them heading towards the graveyard and beyond, Jack picking up conversations about how wonderful Christmas Town and all the wonderful things he had seen when he was there.

He told him there were no monsters under beds, colour everywhere, and all the little people who were singing. He told stories of how he planned to steal Christmas Town, and how that all gone wrong and in the end "Sand Claws" had forgiven him. The Doctor laughed when he realised Jack was talking about Father Christmas, or better known as Santa Claus.

When they arrived in Christmas Town, both Amy and The Doctor were in awe, both of them looked around with their mouth agape staring at all the beautiful decorations adorning every house. It felt like Christmas was already upon them, The Doctor simply laughed at such a thought, he could have Christmas everyday if he wanted.

Sally laughed at her newfound friends before her; Jack had shown her previously she had the same expression on her face the first time Jack had shown her. She thought it was a nice contrast to Halloween Town and she often took one of her long walks and found herself in Christmas Town, talking to "Sandy Claws" as her beloved Jack called him.

The Doctor started walking into town then, looking at all the houses around him, and taking in the marvelous site before him. No matter how many times he had celebrated Christmas in his 900-years of being around, it was still amazing to see the joy in humans when they opened presents and spent time with family.

"So you really stole Christmas? Why steal another holiday?" The Doctor asked, as Amy, Jack and Sally had caught up to him standing in the middle of town.

"I was miserable doing the same old thing, at least that's what I thought at the time. I gathered everyone back in my town to do everything differently, I even got those horrible triplets to steal Sandy Claws, but it all turned horribly wrong like I mentioned earlier..." Jack trailed off, looking down at Sally giving her a gentle smile.

She stood closer to him, hugging his mid-waist, smiling up at him. She finished telling both her new friends what Jack could not finish as he had grown ashamed at remembering all he had done.

"It turned out in the end that Jack was lonely, he just needed a friend, and we both found each other." Sally smiled throughout, as she finished telling their story. She loved Jack with all her heart and she was glad to finally call him hers after so many attempts at trying to express her love.

"Jack, old buddy, what are you doing back in my town? And, Sally, always a pleasure to see you, dear." The Doctor and Amy turned around to see the owner of the voice was none other than Santa Claus. The Doctor stood forward, ever the enthusiast to meet new people.

"Hello, I'm The Doctor; it's such a pleasure to meet you, Father Christmas." The Doctor said, humbled in his presence.

"A doctor, what kind of a doctor are you? Is Jack ill?" Santa looked towards Jack for confirmation as he spoke.

"Well, I'm not really a doctor. It's just my name; people have been calling me that for a very long time."

"A name? A doctor is a profession, not a name." Father Christmas looked more confused than before, but decided not to question further Instead he decided turned his attention to the redhead standing next to the strange doctor.

"And who would you be, dear? Don't tell me, Amelia Pond, yes?" He said a twinkle apparent in his eyes.

"Come along dear, I think I have something you would like very much, I had the elves make it especially for you." They all followed Santa Claus into his workplace.

The Doctor and Amy stared about at all the elves working around them, some of them occasionally glancing up at them as they passed; curious as to whom Santa had brought in this time. They had all met Jack Skellington and Sally on their first visit.

"Now, where is it?" His voice muffled as he rummaged about a sack of toys, "Aha, here it is." He turned around with his hands behind his back, walking towards Amy.

"I believe you made a doll after someone you met, called "The Raggedy Man"?" Santa asked, gleefully. He brought the object out from behind his back and held it out to Amy.

Amy looked down shocked at the little nutcracker doll that looked like The Doctor she had met many nights ago when she was a little girl. The Doctor peered into his hands as well, seeing a very well crafted and designed version of him. He was just as impressed as Amy to see the details that all the elves had put into it.

"Thank you, this is lovely." Amy scooped the nutcracker into her own hands and admiring it much closer with a smile on her face.

Jack and Sally looked over at Santa Claus; he never ceased to amaze them. They both loved how different and opposite the atmosphere was in Christmas Town, and still, after everything Jack had done, Sandy Claws was nice to everyone he brought here.

"Thank you, Father. We really must be going now. There are lots to see in this universe, and I'm glad we got to see Christmas Town. It was a real joy to meet you." The Doctor said, turning to address Amy who was startled into looking over at The Doctor as he spoke to her.

"Come along, Pond. We've got more galaxies to explore." Amy dazed, nodded her head and followed behind the Doctor as he lead her back into Halloween Town, leaving Jack and Sally talking to Father Christmas.

The Doctor smiled as they reached the forest of Halloween Town, standing in front of the tree with the TARDIS, both he and Amy vanished inside. He fussed about the controls until it was finally taking off, all that was needed were a few code data for their next adventure. He turned to Amy, asking one very crucial question.

"So, where to next?" The Doctor said, laughing. He was happy he had gone on that adventure, it was one he would never forget - a strange place called Halloween Town. How fitting.
♠ ♠ ♠
**Edited** I wanted to take a different approach. Since this a new place, a new dimension, I figured it was better if the Doctor had the adventure and not whoever I would have chosen had I not gone with this approach.

I hope you have enjoyed this story as I have learning most of the mannerisms included in Doctor Who and the Nightmare Before Christmas.
xx