‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

so many reasons for you to be angry, so many reasons is not the way you planned it

Niall's new tattoo caused such a mess online he actually had to make a statement about it. He didn't say much about it, just that it was personal to him. It didn't take long for the fans to figure out it had to do with Sam. They were all upset that their precious snowflake had marked his body with permanent ink. There had yet to be any pictures of it yet online as Niall kept it covered wanting to keep it private for as long as possible. Lena had been receiving hundreds of nasty tweets daily for being with him while he got the tattoo. It was almost worse then when people thought she was dating Harry.

"You know they come up with some really creative threats." Lena commented as she read through her twitter feed.

"Why do you read that shit?" Niall asked looking slightly disgusted.

"I think it's fun."

"I think you're absolutely mental." Niall shook his head then went back to staring at his phone.

It had been four days since he got his tattoo and Sam had still not called him back. He had tried multiple times to call her but she never answered. When he talked to her roommate he was told she just needed some time to think, but Niall wasn't the best at waiting.

"She'll call Ni." Lena gave him a sympathetic smile.

"I know." Niall pushed his phone away. "Can we go out and do something today?"

"What did you have in mind?"

"We could go shopping?" Niall suggested.

"Yeah alright. I could use some new clothes." Lena said eyes brightening up at the thought of shopping.

Thirty minutes later they were on their way to the nearest mall. There was just one small glitch in their plan. Harry invited himself along with them. Lena sulked sitting between both them Harry moving as close to the door as he could so as not to touch her.

Harry needed a distraction. He was constantly thinking of Alexis and the urge to call her was getting worse by the day. He never needed someone as much as he needed her. For the sake of the band he would try not to contact her again. Lou had been watching him closely whenever he was on his phone looking for any signs that something is off. Going out with Niall and Lena was his best option to get his mind off of everything for a little while, even if he did have to be around Lena.

Harry had on his fedora and Niall a SnapBack both of them hoping that would be enough of a disguise. Lena wearing one of Niall's tank tops and jean shorts hadn't thought to bring a disguise it had never been needed before. Preston escorted them into the mall Niall had found on his phone following us closely as they made it in.

"No wondering." He warned as Harry took a few steps ahead of Lena and Niall.

Harry slowed a scowl forming. "I'll be fine."

"Not gonna happen, H."

With a sulking Harry, Niall and Lena walked around the mall. They went in and out of shops sometimes finding something to buy. Lena wasn't used to having enough money to pretty much buy what she wanted. Having a young mom meant living pay check to pay check. She was hesitant to buy anything remotely expensive her mom's nagging voice in the back of her mind.

"Lena look at this!" Niall exclaimed holding up the shirt he had found.

Lena walked over to where Niall was passing by Harry who was sat on a bench scrolling through his phone. Niall held the shirt up more allowing Lena to really look at it.

"The Vaccines." Lena said smiling. "Nice find, Ni."

Niall added the shirt to the pile in his arm. "Finding anything you like?"

Lena shrugged looking down at a stack of shirts. "Not really."

"I'll pay for this and we can go." Niall said giving her a smile. "Should we eat?"

"Yes!" Harry called looking up from his phone. "I'm fucking starving."

"We didn't ask you." Lena glared.

Harry's cheeks reddened his mouth opening and closing. He looked flustered which gave Lena a nice satisfied feeling.

Niall snickered holding in a full laugh as he set his things on the counter. The girl ringing him up looked between Harry and Lena briefly with a look of amusement and shock.

Once Niall had his bag the four of them left in search of food. Niall and Lena held a steady conversation while Harry sulked beside them. Niall was in the middle of laughing the sound causing Lena to chuckle along with him when she heard her name.

"Gold?"

Lena stopped in her tracks turning slowly to face the person behind her. Niall and Harry had kept walking not expecting Lena to suddenly stop. Preston stood next to her ready to stop a crazed fan if needed.

"Natalie Paulson." Lena said grinning wide. "It's been years!"

The two girls hugged tightly. "I know! What are you doing in Chicago?" Natalie asked when they broke apart.

"Len?" Niall asked confused.

"Oh sorry." Lena took a step back to give Harry and Niall some room to join her and Natalie. "This is an old friend of mine, Natalie. Nat, this Harry and Niall, oh and Preston."

"I know you." Natalie said pointing at Harry. "You're in that boy bad right?"

"We both are yeah." Harry said glancing at Niall.

"How'd you meet these guys?" Natalie asked turning to Lena.

"I'm opening up for them on their tour." Lena answered sheepishly. "Which is why I'm here actually."

"For real?" Natalie asked jumping up and down. "That's so cool!"

"Thanks." Lena shrugged.

"How do you two know each other?" Harry asked a charming smile snaking its way on his lips.

"We used to swim against each other." Natalie answered. "Rivals and all that. She used to beat me at every meet it was quite frustrating as a kid to always come in second. Until she stopped swimming that is."

Lena felt the color drain from her face. This was going in a terrible direction if Natalie said anymore Lena knew she would tell them everything. Even though Niall now knew Harry was still in the dark about Lena's past and she hoped to leave it that way.

"I heard what happened." Natalie said giving Lena the 'I'm sorry' look. It was meant to be sympathetic instead it drove her nuts. "It's a real shame-"

"It was great seeing you again Nat but we have a tight schedule." Lena interrupted. "Email me sometime, yeah?"

"Oh, uh, sure." Natalie replied pulling Lena in for an awkward hug. "Next time your in town give me a call."

"Will do." Lena said already ushering Niall and Harry away. "Bye!"

Lena hurried away with Niall and Harry hot on her heels. "What was that?"

Niall and Lena shared a look before Lena answered Harry. "Nothing."

"That was not nothing." Harry countered. "Everything was going fine then you ran away, why?"

"I don't want to talk about that right now." Lena said her tone forceful. "Please drop it Harry."

Harry opened his mouth ready to tell her no he would not just drop it. He wanted to know what was so bad that would make her that uncomfortable. He didn't like not knowing something about Lena.

"Leave it alone, Haz." Niall warned.

Harry looked between them realizing that Niall knew her secret. There was a feeling building in his chest that made him want to make Niall tell him. It upset him that she would tell Niall but not him, even if there was a rational part of him that understood why she would.

"Fine." He walked away from them in a huff.

**


"Why is mall food so greasy?" Harry whined picking up his piece of pizza giving it a reproachful look.

"Stop complainin'." Niall said around a mouthful of pretzel.

"Stop talking with food in your mouth." Harry scolded.

Lena was getting a headache from Harry's constant whining. It had been so nice to have a semi-tolerable Harry. The crush Lena had had on him was still there but her irritation for him over shadowed those feelings. If she really thought about it she would have been happy to not have to focus on her feelings for him, but his attitude was driving her nuts.

"Do you want to go back to the hotel?" Lena asked Niall running her forehead.

"Sure." Niall shrugged. "Whatever you want to do."

"What if I don't want to go?" Harry asked. "Shouldn't you ask me too?"

"Maybe if I cared what you had to say."

Harry's eyes narrowed, Lena could just see his mind going crazy coming up with something to say.

"Let's finish eating if we're going to leave." Preston said looking to the girls that were starting to notice the two famous boys. "A crowd is building."

Lena pushed her half eaten pizza away not really wanting an unattractive picture of her ending up online. "I'm done."

"Me too." Harry said throwing his napkin down.

Niall picked up Lena's pizza taking a large bite of it. "I'm almost done."

"Niall." Harry said exasperated. "Stop talking with food your mouth!"

"Leave him alone." Lena defended giving him a nasty look.

"Let's not do this here." Preston warned. "Cameras."

Niall was sensing the on coming fight between Lena and Harry. He shoved a final bite of pizza into his mouth before giving Preston a thumbs up.

"Let's go!"

No one approached them as they left. Lena was happy for that Harry had irritated her enough to put her in a terrible mood. Harry had his hands stuffed into his jean pockets shoulders hunched forward eyes set on the ground in front of him. They were silent the whole walk to the car. As soon as the doors to the car closed though everything changed. Lena had just climbed in next to Niall who had say in between Harry and Lena. Harry turned to look at her his eyes narrowed.

"You better hope no one got any pictures of that."

"How is this my fault?" Lena shot back.

"Because if you weren't so bloody annoying all the time-"

"I'm annoying?" Lena asked giving him an incredulous look. "You have got to be joking."

"Yes you are!"

Niall was starting to regret his decision to sit between them as they argued across him.

"You Harry Styles are the worst fucking person I have ever had to spend time with. You're a moody asshole who doesn't give a fuck about other people's feelings. All because of some whore who picked someone else over you. I would have done the same thing if I was her, I mean look at you!" Lena was fuming jaw clenching. "Why would anyone want to be with someone as horrible as you?"

Harry fumbled for his words his face going red a vein on the side of his neck was pulsing. "You're a bitch!"

"Thanks." Lena gave him a nice big fake smile. "That really just warms my heart."

"Alright that's enough." Niall finally said holding a hand up. "Just stop talkin' to each other. Problem solved."

Lena sat back arms crossed looking out the window with a sour look on her face. Harry was in a similar position only he wasn't seeing anything outside the window. He was inside his head slowly making himself go crazy as he thought about Lena's words.

**


"That's it I'm coining to see you."

Harry had called his sister to get some older sibling advice. After telling her what had happened with Lena at the mall she was ready to give Lena a nice talking to. Besides that she knew her brother was having a hard time and having someone close to him that was there for him would be a huge help. She had been worrying about how tour in America would go now that he felt so alone.

"I'm fine Gem, you don't need to do that." Harry tried to reason with her. He didn't want his sister to stop her life to come keep him company.

"Harry, I'm coming to see you, and that's that." Gemma told him her voice hard. There was no arguing with her when she was determined.

"Fine, if that's what you want." Harry rolled his eyes even though she couldn't see him. "But I am fine."

"No you're not." Gemma said her voice softening. "I know you better then anyone else so don't lie to me. Plus Lou had been keeping me updated on you."

"Oh great." Harry groaned. "Whatever she's been saying is a lie."

"I know that's not true."

Harry was certain Lou had told Gemma about his break down the other night. "We'll talk more when you get here, yeah?"

"Alright. I'll talk to you soon."

Harry set his phone down letting out a sigh, his head hurt more then it had before he called Gemma. He just wanted to tell someone how he was feeling after his argument with Lena. Her words hurt him more then he expected them too. He was starting to fancy Lena more then he wanted to and to hear her say those things about him had hit him hard. He knew he was being an arse to everyone but he couldn't stop it from happening. He didn't feel right anymore, like he was someone completely different now that Alexis was out of his life. He felt bad for being rude at the mall but after Lena punched him he felt so humiliated. He couldn't be around Lena now with that annoying feeling of humiliation spreading trough his veins. How could he be nice to her now?
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know what this is.

finally updated the 8tracks couldn't remember what song I used for chapter 9, so I you know help a sista out!

Still buzzing about Wednesday.

Not sure what's going to happen next chapter. It was supposed to be the BIG chapter but now I have to push that back again. I'm thinking a nice Gemma/Harry chapter and THEN the BIG chapter!