‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

every night I almost call you just to say it will always be you

"So you and Luke?" Niall asked around a mouth full of cheeseburger.

Niall had taken Lena out to dinner as his way of saying sorry for being an ass to her. They had found a cheeseburger joint not far from their hotel so they just walked. Fred's World Famous Burger's caught Niall's attention instantly when they spotted the quaint restaurant. While she wasn't sure how world famous they were; Fred's made a mean cheeseburger.

"Nothing's going on." Lena rolled her eyes before stuffing French fries into her mouth.

It was the truth her and Luke had spent the whole day together exploring Sydney. He had shown her all of his favorite places and even bought her lunch. Lena had fun with him but after everything that had happened the day before on the water she wasn't as into it as she could have been. At the end when he walked her to her room there was an awkward moment when neither of them knew what to do.

"I had fun." Lena said smiling slightly.

"Me too." Luke put his hands in his pockets rocking back on to his heels. "But, uh, this was supposed to be a date; and uh, well I think -"

"We're better friends?" Lena asked laughing slightly.

"Yeah." Luke smiled.

Lena had never been happier to end a date as friends.

"Bullshit." Niall grinned. "He wouldn't stop talkin' about you last night."

Lena's cheeks turned red. "We talked and decided friends is all we'll be. Ever."

"Probably for the best." Niall shrugged. "Got a bit of baggage, yeah? By the name of Harry Styles."

Lena grimaced. "Niall if you're gonna be my best friend you have to learn not bring certain subjects up."

"Sorry." Niall looked apologetic for a second before he was back to being his normal self. "Guess what Olly learned to do!"

His smile was bright instantly bringing Lena's mood up. "What?"

"I taught him a couple cords." Niall looked so proud. "Bought him a guitar of his own and everything!"

"That's great Niall." Lena smiled softly. "You're a great dad."

Niall's face turned red as he looked down at his half devoured burger. "I'm trying to be the best dad he could ever have."

"I think you're succeeding."

"That's what Sam keeps saying." Niall shrugged. "Anyway, the new songs sound amazin'."

Niall kept the conversation carefully on her music. He would much rather see her smile then that darkness her eyes took over when Harry was mentioned.

"Alright I'm stuffed." Lena pushed away her plate nothing but a hand full of French fries left.

"I don't know if I'll make it back to the hotel." Niall complained rubbing his stomach.

"Maybe you shouldn't have ordered another round of fries?" Lena laughed as Niall glares at her.

"It didn't sound like a terrible idea when I ordered." He mumbled.

"Let's go walk it off." Lena stood up from their table.

"You might have ta roll me back." Niall groaned.

"That would be a sight."

They left the restaurant the sun was just setting turning the sky brilliant shades of pink and orange. Niall put his arm around her shoulders pulling her close to him. He had missed her since their fight and wanted to make up for the lost time.

"Thank you for forgiving me." He said quietly. "I was a right arse to you before."

Lena's head came to rest on his shoulder. "It's fine Ni."

It was a silent walk back to the hotel but it was nice. They had a nice view of the sunset to keep them company. It made Lena happy she agreed to finish the tour with them. Having Niall back in her life would make being around Harry so much better.

**


"Alright mate, it's been some time since we had a proper night out together." Louis slapped his hand down on the bar. "It's about bloody time this happened!"

Harry shrugged as he brought his mug of beer to his lips. "Well we have been in America. I'm not exactly legal."

"Fuck rules!" Niall piped up from next to Harry. "I ain't got time for that!"

"Is it necessary to yell?" Liam scowled at Niall. "I don't think so."

"Don't be such a square." Zayn rolled his eyes. "We're supposed to be having fun."

"We can have fun without yelling." Liam pouted.

"Shut up both of you!" Louis exclaimed. "We are having a Bro Night!"

"A bro night?" Harry laughed. "You've finally lost it."

Louis had constructed the Bro Night two hours earlier telling each boy if they didn't come with something bad would happen to them. They didn't take the threat lightly. After approval from Paul they were off to the nearest bar.

"It's been awhile since the two of you were out together." Niall commented looking from Harry on his left to Zayn on his right. They hadn't been at the bar for five minutes and he was acting like an idiot.

"Shut up." Louis gave him a pointed look.

"It's alright." Zayn shrugged. He twirled the straw in his water mindlessly. "We're alright, yeah?"

"Yeah." Harry agreed.

They had had a talk, Zayn and Harry, about everything had happened in the last year. There were apologies exchanged between them both wanting to move forward without all of the anger and hostility. Harry was quick to tell Zayn he didn't want to come between him and Alexis any longer, he was over that part of his life now. Zayn apologized for not taking him in to consideration when he was going after Alexis.

"That's what I like to hear!" Louis cheered. "All the more reason for ha to get shitfaced!"

"You lot can get shitfaced." Zayn shook his head lifting his glass of water. "I'm staying sober."

"Good for you bro." Liam clapped him on the back. "We're really proud of you."

"Oy! None of that!" Louis pointed a finger at them. "We are not doing any of that mushy shit on my Bro Night!"

"Calm down." Harry gave him a nudge in the side. "We just got here and you're already yelling at people."

Moments like this, hanging out with his four best friends, made all the shit Harry went through worth it. No matter how tough things got he would always have them there.

"How are you doing, mate?" Liam asked a little later when they had moved from the bar to a table in the back of the bar. "You know now that we're back on tour with Lena?"

The other boys waited for Harry's reply with batted breath. "I don't know. I'd be better if Luke wasn't trying to move in on her."

"They went out the other night." Niall said.

"They did?" Harry asked trying and failing to look disinterested.

"Yeah." Niall shrugged he wasn't going to tell Harry nothing came out of it just yet. "They had a good time apparently."

Niall watched Harry waiting for his reaction what he got was a blank look from him. "Good for them."

"But they ended the date as friends."

Harry looked at Niall surprised. "What?"

"Yeah I talked to both of them. There just wasn't anything there for them." Niall shrugged again. "She's still single."

"That's good, right?" Liam asked trying to make Harry smile. "There's still a chance for you."

"No." Niall said firmly. "There isn't."

"Niall." Liam said frowning at him.

"He doesn't." Niall took a drink of his beer. "Just telling the truth."

"I think you better stop drinking, mate." Zayn told him reaching for the beer in his hand.

"No I don't." Niall moved out of Zayn's reach. "I'm not going to walk on eggshells around him. We've had enough of that with you."

"Alright it's time to go." Zayn stood up. "Come on."

Louis and Liam stood up then both silently agreeing with Zayn. Harry didn't look up from the table and Niall was finishing his beer eyes on the three boys in front of him defiantly. He wasn't going to leave until he was ready to leave.

"Seriously Niall this attitude you've got isn't going to work." Zayn shook his head. "We're leaving come with if you want."

Zayn lead Louis and Zayn out of the bar phone to his ear calling for someone to pick them up. Harry remained in his seat even after Niall had finished his beer and made his way to the bar for another. He didn't know what to do with himself anymore. Niall was on Lena's side of everything that much was obvious. Niall stayed at the bar talking to the bartender while he continued to drink. Harry wasn't in the mood to drink anymore he pushed his mug away before standing up. He left the bar without a word to Niall needing time to think and long walk back to the hotel was just what he needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't even know what this is. I'm slowly losing motivation, it might be because Mibba glitched again and some of my favorite stories were deleted so I have nothing to read right now that make me want to write. There are some really great stories that make me want to write so that I can make something as great as them. So I think that might be part of my problem with taking so long to write. I know what's happening next so that should be out within a week.

There is like three to four chapters left of this story. I've decided not to do one on Niall and Sam right now instead I'm trying to figure out the stories I've started. I have so many I could do that I just need to get my shit together and get one I could really get into.

Thanks for reading!

(anyone in England want to send me the deluxe version of The 1975's album?! Or know where I can get one?!)