‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

they say he changes when the sun goes down

Harry was on a mission for Lou to track down Zayn. It was part of her way of trying to get them back on track, which he knew of course, but saying no to Lou was never a good idea. Louis came out of the bathroom as Harry walked past. He fell in to step beside him; Harry knew what was coming next.

"Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Louis." Harry groaned. He was sick of the never ending questions on how he was doing. He would actually be fine if people stopped bugging him. "You can stop asking me now."

"Look we're worried." Of course they were. "After what we all went through with Zayn we just don't want the same thing to happen to you."

"I'm not doing drugs."

"I know. I'm not saying you are," Louis sighed. "We just want everyone to be happy, and you are definitely not happy."

"How can I be happy?" Harry asked. "My best mate got the girl while I'm left with nothing."

"Shouldn't you be happy for them?"

This was a question Harry often found himself contemplating after Lou brought it up when he had arrived at her house broken not so long ago. In the two months since that conversation he had yet to feel happy for them. He was still bitter about it which was fine with him, if only everyone else would leave him be.

It was like everyone expected him to get over it quickly for the sake of the band. If only it was that easy; then maybe he would be over it by now. No one seemed to understand just how in love with her he actually is, because while everyone assumed he no longer had feelings for her he did. They were just as strong as they had been before. Of course he couldn't be happy with her being with someone else when she ought to be with him.

"No."

Louis stopped walking letting Harry go ahead of him. He watched him walk into Lena's dressing room before he turned the other way heading for their own dressing room. He was tired of of dealing with shitty attitudes from his band mates.

**


It was the day of the first show. Lena was spending some time with Niall and Liam talking about whatever they felt like. The last two days had been nothing but rehearsals for her, this being her first live show ever, so she hasn't had much time to bond with the boys. They had been talking about their families when Harry came in. Lena had noticed there was an obvious tension whenever Harry was in the room something she had yet to figure out the reasoning behind it.

"Have you seen Zayn?" Harry asked walking over to them not giving Lena the time of day. "Lou is looking for him."

"He's on the phone." Niall gestured out the door where Zayn had wondered off to.

"Right." Harry grumbled. He turned leaving out the door he came through.

"You know he hasn't said a word to me since I got here." Lena commented. "I don't think he likes me much."

"He's been in a bad mood for a couple of months." Liam explained.

"What's got him in such a pissy mood." Lena asked concern lacing her words although she tries to mask it with attitude towards him.

While the other four boys had been nice to her Harry went out of his way to ignore her. If she tried talking to him he'd walk away. It was getting on her nerves but it was still to early to yell at him.

Liam and Niall exchanged a look. "He, uh, got his heart broken." Niall answered.

"Damn and it made him an asshole?" Lena asked earning a nod from Niall. "What's her name?"

Anther shared look between the two boys in front of her. "Alexis." Niall all but whispered.

Before Lena could asked anymore Zayn had walked into the room a new spring to his step. Liam and Niall put on happy smiles trying to act like they weren't just talking about his girlfriend.

"Lexus says hi." He said to three siting on the couch. "She's excited to come to the show next week."

"How's New York been for her?" Liam asked.

"Really good. She said she actually likes working now." Zayn said with a laugh. "Never thought that would happen."

"Sorry, who's Lexus?" Lena asked breaking into the conversation.

"My girlfriend Alexis."

Lena's eyes widened before she turned to look at Niall and Liam. "Alexis?"

"Yeah?" Zayn asked confuse by her reaction. "Why?"

"Just love the name." Lena lied. "She's lives in New York?"

"And London but she works for her mum's new clothing line in New York." Zayn explained. "Her family is kind of super famous."

"More famous then you guys?" Lena asked surprised. "Are they royalty or something?"

"No, well not really, her mum's an actress and her dad's a director." Zayn tried to explain without going into great detail.

"Don't forget her siblings." Liam said.

"Damn is the whole family famous?" Lena asked eyes wide.

"Almost one of her sisters is a model and her brother is opening for Ed Sheeran right now." Zayn explained.

"Wait her brother is Adam David?" Lena asked her eyes grew wide.

"Uh yeah." Zayn have her a nod. "You've heard his music?"

"Heard it?" Lena laughed. "I like worship him!"

"I'll let him know." Zayn said laughing. "He'll probably love knowing someone who likes him better then us."

"Oh God don't tell him!" Lena looked horrified. "I don't want to look like a complete lunatic!"

"He would only have to be with you for a few seconds to realize that."

In her excitement over Adam she hadn't seen Harry return. They locked eyes, all Lena could think of was how badly she wanted to snap at him.

"Thanks for the input." Was all she said to him turning to the other boys she gave them a thin smile. "I'll see you guys before the show I want to warm up some more."

She was only a few feet past the door before Liam was calling her name. "Lena wait!"

"I'm sorry about him." Liam said coming to stop in front of her.

"Is Zayn's girlfriend the same girl Harry's heart broken over?" Lena asked ignoring his apology.

"It's complicated."

"So that's a yes." Lena said shaking her head. "That's fucked up."

"You don't even know what happened." Liam defended.

"So tell me."

"It's not my business to tell." Liam said dutifully.

"Alright well I'm going to go warm up now." Lena told him giving him a wave as he turned.

**


"That's so weird." Lena commented watching Zayn and Harry laugh about something.

She was sitting by the side of the stage with Lou and Sam watching the boys perform. Lou looked at her funny being the only one to hear her words.

"Sorry?" She asked leaning closer to hear better.

"It's weird to see them up there. With no weird tension and bad moods." Lean explained. "I don't think I've seen Harry smile once since I got here. And I definitely haven't seen him and Zayn having fun together."

"Do you know why that is?" Lou asked. She glanced around quickly but the only one close enough to hear was Sam and she was too absorbed in watching Niall.

"I know they love the same person."

"That's about right." Lou mumbled her eyes going back to the stage. "Of course there's a bit more to it."

"Yeah but no one will tell me what that bit more is." Lena complained.

"Zayn's known her for like their whole lives." Lou told her barely being heard over the screaming girls and the five talented boys on stage. "But they had a falling out when he went off to do X Factor. A few months ago Harry and her met which started a fucked up relationship. Harry wanted to reunite Zayn and Alexis, he thought it would help Zayn through his problems, but he developed feelings for Alexis along the way."

Lena listened to Lou trying to keep up with everything she was saying. There was a lot of information she was trying to remember.

"Alexis knew Harry was falling for her but she wouldn't let him go. So when she and Zayn got together Harry was distraught, can't blame him really."

Lena looked to the stage where the boy in question was singing his heart out to hundreds of girls who would give anything to have his love. To their millions of fans it would seem like nothing had changed within the group. To them these boys were the same boys they had always loved.

"The thing with Harry is," Lou continued. "He trusts too easily, falls too hard too soon, and he likes to see the good in people. I think he's being a dick to you to keep you from hurting him."

"How can I hurt him?" Lena asked surprised.

In answer Lou patted her arm before turning back to watch her favorite boys perform. Lena we left with another thing she had to figure out on we own. As she watched Harry on stage she wondered what Lou could have possibly meant by that, how could Lena hurt him when he obviously wanted nothing to do with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here ya go!
Good news I have the next like seven chapters planned out so faster updating will be in store!
: )