‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

London calls me a stranger

February 13th

"You look happy today." Dr. Bishop commented as Lena entered her office. It was an obvious change from what she was used to with Lena. "What's going on?"

"My album got approved I get to make the final cut of it." Lena said beaming from ear to ear.

"That's great." Dr. Bishop smiled warmly. "When do you start that?"

"I leave next week."

"Leave?"

"I'm going to London to record it."

**


When Lena had received the news that she would be going to London to record her full album she had been instantly elated. It wasn't until she was driving home from her managers office that the thought of being in the same city as One Direction hit her. While London was full of people she just knew they would run into her, if not seek her out when they caught wind of how close she was.

Maybe she would have been alright with seeing them had Harry's phone call not sent her into a fit of anxiety with just the thought of being near him. She knew listening to the voicemail would be a mistake but she couldn't help herself and the anger he had towards her while it was surprising she understood why. It had been months since then but she knew his anger would still be there. Seeing any one associated with One Direction was just not going to happen for as long as possible; because it wasn't completely unavoidable. They were a group of determined people and once they had their sights set on something it was going to happen.

"Now you call whenever you can." Clarissa reminded Lena as she fussed over her clothes. "I need to know you're ok, constantly."

"I'll be fine mom." Lena rolled her eyes while trying to subtly get out of her mothers reach. "They've set me up with a chaperone."

"Still call." Rich nodded along with her mom's words. "We worry."

"It won't be like the last time." Lena was ashamed of the amount of stress she had put on her parents. "I promise this time will be different."

"I know. We trust you sweetheart." Clarissa smoothed down her hair gently. Over the intercom Lena's flight was called breaking up their moment. "You be safe."

"You too." Lena hugged her parents one last time before walking to her gate her heart being torn in half with each step. She hated leaving her parents, especially her mom, they were dependent on each other, it would never get easier for her to leave them.

**


The girl holding the sign that read 'Gold' in big, glittery, gold letters looked just as bright and friendly as the sign she had made. Bright blue eyes hidden behind a pair of thick black rimmed glasses. Her bright aqua colored hair was in pig tails and her faux fur coat looked like it was two sizes too big.

"Hiya!" She greeted when Lena stopped in front of her suitcase coming to a stop behind her. "I'm Mia!"

"Hi, I'm Lena."

"Oh I know who you are love!" Mia said smiling bright. "Let's go, it's too bloody loud in here."

Lena followed Mia out of the terminal into her first look at London. Lena stopped short her mouth hanging open as she looked around her. It was everything she had thought it would be and more.

"Come on, we haven't got all day!" Mia called holding the door of a black car open for her. "I'll take ya sight seeing another day."

Lena stumbled over to the car where she was pushed into the car. "Come on then." Mia gave the back of the drivers chair a tap. "We've gotta go."

"Where are we going?" Lena asked still at loss for what to think about everything.

"My house of course." Mia smiled. "You'll be staying with me. They call me a 'chaperone' but I like to think of it as being your friend for the next two months."

"My paid friend." Lena amended. "You are getting paid to spend two months with me."

"Don't think of it that way." Mia's lips pulled down into a frown. "I'm just supposed to keep you safe. And if we become friends because of it then that's good, right?"

Lena didn't answer her. She didn't need someone to be paid to be around her but she didn't have a choice on the matter.

"Look, we're going to be spending a lot of time together might as well get a long, yeah?"

Lena shrugged. "I suppose."

"Good." Mia smiled again. "After we get you settled into my flat we can go to dinner."

Mia's flat in Camden was a small two bedroom apartment with enough room for a tiny kitchen/dinning room area and a living room that connected to the kitchen. One bathroom would be shared by the two girls, Lena wasn't sure how that would work.

"This will be your room." Mia opened the door the bright yellow walls taking Lena by surprise. "I know it's a bit bright in here, my mum insisted on painting it, but the bed is like a cloud. And the closet should have plenty of room for your things."

"It's great." Lena smiled gratefully at Mia. "I'll unpack then we can go to dinner?"

"Brilliant!" Mia left Lena alone in the room.

Lena looked around trying to get used to the room. It would be fine for the few months she would be in London. She set about putting her clothes in the closet taking her time with the simple task. It gave her some time to sort through all of the weeks events; from the phone call she got from her management to walking out into London for the first time.

"I'm starving!" Mia complained twenty minutes later as she slumped against Lena's open door. "About down?"

"Yeah we can go." Lena put one last shirt in her closet before turning to look at Mia. "Alright, ready?"

"You have no idea!"

**


"Alright, I have to ask, what happened with One Direction?"

They had just ordered at Mia's favorite bistro a little restaurant whose staff knew Mia by name. Lena had thought Mia had been instructed not to bring up One Direction, if she had she wasn't listening.

"Nothing." Lena said shortly.

"Bull." Mia narrowed her eyes. "If I guess will you tell me if I'm right?"

"I might."

Mia sat back her eyes searching Lena's face for a clue. "You're pretty so I assume you got involved with one of them."

"Possible." Lena shrugged.

"It obviously didn't end well." Mia have a single nod of her head. "Which ended in you I leaving the tour because of the failed relationship."

"Not quite."

"Oh?" Mia raised an eyebrow. "Please elaborate."

Lena sighed. "Just your typical case of insecure girl meets mega hot boy band member which escalates into a one sided relationship. That ends badly, because they always do, and the girl goes off the deep end resulting in leaving a world tour to go home."

Mia let out a whistle. "You had a meltdown then?"

"I guess so."

"Which one was it?" Mia asked leaving forward. "It was the blonde one wasn't it?"

"No." Lena laughed. "God, no. It was Harry."

Mia let out a loud lough. "Bloody hell. That's where you went wrong!"

"I guess so." Lena sighed. "I don't really like talking about it too much."

"Alright, fair enough." Mia held up her hands. "But I need to know one thing."

"Alright?" Lena was apprehensive to answer anymore of Mia's questions.

"How big is it?"

Lena's cheeks instantly went red her mouth dropping open.

"I mean I've heard rumors." Mia continued not noticing Lena's discomfort. "I know a few people who know him but none of them have seen it at its full size, ya know?"

"Not going to answer that." Lena shook her head.

"Come on!" Mia whined. "Just give me an approximate size."

Mia held up her hands in front of Lena's face. "Just move my hands."

Lena glanced around the restaurant once before quickly adjusting Mia's hands. "Happy?"

Mia looked at her hands eyes wide. "Damn girl! Why'd you stop shagging that well endowed bloke?"

"Long story."

Mia shrugged. "Well we will find you a much better guy to shag. No worries."

"I'm ok, thanks."

The last thing Lena needed was another guy to complicate her life.

"If you say so." Mia gave Lena a mega watt smile. "Tell me more about how good of a shag he is."
♠ ♠ ♠
Well I was going to have a filler before getting into the big stuff but I though what the hell why not just get right into it?! Anyone expect this to happen? Thoughts on Mia? How're the boys going to take it?!

Saw the Neighbourhood on Friday. It was ridiculously good! Didn't meet them since we had a long day of driving the next morning, but it was a rather successful trip! Still can't believe I met Matty!

Gonna be a little longer wait for the next one while I figure out how I'm gonna get into this new direction of the story.

Let me know what you're thinking!!

(just realized I gave Lena's mom two names. I'm an idiot.)