‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

if you love me let me go

"You finished your album of course we're celebrating!"

Lena had finished her album the night before Eleanor called asking for a lunch date. She hadn't meant for Eleanor to turn the album being finished into an excuse for a party but there wasn't much she could do about it now that she knew.

"I can't believe your management isn't throwing a big party." Eleanor continued. "You'd think they'd want to celebrate too!"

"I told them not to." Lena tried in vain to persuade Eleanor away from the party idea.

"Why not?" Eleanor meant well Lena knew that, but a party was the last thing she wanted. "You can invite Finn, he's quite fit."

Lena didn't want to think about Finn. "Really Eleanor, I don't need a party."

"Nonsense." Eleanor waved her words away. "I'm going to give you a proper party. Well the best one I can put together on such short notice!"

Lena gave up then knowing it was useless. "Yeah, alright, do what you want."

It had been a very long week for Lena. She had been in the studio everyday finishing the album. Sometimes choosing to just sleep on the studio couch with Finn between songs to recharge. It had been a long time coming but she was finally done. It was an amazing feeling but all she felt like doing was sleeping for a week.

"What are you going to do now?" Eleanor asked as they exited the bistro they had been eating at.

"Probably go home soon before I start promo and tour." Lena shrugged. "But for the rest of today I am going to sleep until this party your planning."

"I'm thinking Friday." Eleanor smiled. "So don't make plans."

"I have a feeling you wouldn't let me miss this for anything other then my death."

"Even then your corpse better be there!"

**


Being at Mia's apartment was so far from welcoming that Lena dreaded being there but without the excuse of recording there wasn't much she could do. She had found out earlier that this would be the last few days she would spend with Mia. Her parents and management deciding that she would be fine on her own when she came back to London in a few months to do promo. She didn't want things to end badly with them.

"Hey." She said in greeting to Mia who was coming out of the bathroom rollers in her hair. "Going out with Liam?"

"Yeah." Mia continued towards her bedroom ready to give Lena the cold shoulder.

"Can we talk?" Lena asked following her down the hall.

"I don't really have time for that." Mia responded with a shrug.

"I don't really care." Lena sat down on Mia's bed being careful not disturb the outfit Mia had laid out. "Can you stop with the cold shoulder bit?"

"It's not a bit." Mia huffed. "I'm mad at you!"

"I get that, but I've said sorry how many times?"

"It doesn't mater how many times you say it!" Mia stomped her foot looking very much like a toddler throwing a tantrum. "You went against what I asked of you!"

"To help a friend." Lena argued. "I couldn't have turned him away!"

They stared at each other in silence neither knowing what to say. It wasn't easy to win a fight when both people are on the right and wrong.

"Can we just call a truce?" Lena finally asked looking hopeful. "You've become, like, my best friend, but don't tell Niall I said that."

"I might have to throw it in his face." Mia smiled then giving in. "Fine, a truce. But I'm going to be mad at you until I know every little detail about sex with Finn. On a scale of one to Harry how big is his dick?"

"Why is it always about dick size with you?" Lena rolled her eyes. "I will never tell."

"Come on! You can't just be shagging your fit producer and not tell your best friend!"

"I'm regretting giving you that title."

Lena told Mia all about her time with Finn, from the first time in the sound booth to the last time that morning before she went to lunch with Eleanor. It took up enough time that Mia had just finished her hair when Lena was finished.

"But I think that's the last time that'll happen." Lena finished with a content sigh. "It was great while it lasted though."

"You'll be back in good ol' London Town again though." Mia said smiling bright. "So it might not be over between the two of you."

"Maybe." Lena shrugged. "Or maybe I want to find a new boy to have fun with."

Lena was saved from what ever inappropriate comment Mia was about to make by the knock on their door signaling Liam's arrival. Lena watched from the couch as Mia greeted Liam giving him a rather loud kiss.

"Don't wait up!" Mia blew Lena a kiss before leaving with Liam.

Lena made a mental note to pester Mia about her relationship with Liam before she left. With a free night to herself Lena picked up her phone ready to order in some food. She had a night of Netflix to attended to before sleeping until Friday if possible. Ten minutes later she had a pizza on the way and Netflix open on her computer, she had some music documentaries to watch. Putting her headphones on she hit play on her first one, Before There Was Punk There Was a Band Called Death.

She didn't know how long she had been watching, the Hackney brothers hadn't even gotten into the musical part of their history, when she heard the knocking. It was still too soon for the pizza, she checked when she had called as she walked to the door, which only left a handful of people that could be visiting.

She honestly wasn't surprised when she opened the door and Harry was stood there plastic bags hanging from his long fingers. A chunk of his hair was held back in a pony tail at the sight of it Lena couldn't hold back a laugh.

"What's going on with your hair?"

He looked ofendwd as his hand flew up to his head. His lips jutting out in a pout. "Nothing."

"You look like Lux."

"Well good, she's quite the trend setter." Harry huffed. "Can I come in?"

"Sure." Lena shrugged. "What's in the bags?"

"Food. And some movies." Harry answered as he deposited the bags on to the coffee table. "Liam told me he was taking Mia out again so I thought you might like some company."

"I'm fine." As nice as Harry's gesture was Lena still wasn't ready for him to be around her. "You didn't have to do this."

"We're friends." Harry said smiling at her.

"Friends." Lena repeated. They hadn't spoken in nearly two weeks for once she thought she was done with him for good. "Right."

Harry looked at her for a moment lips parting slightly as his eye brows furrowed. It was easy to see he was over thinking her words but instead of saying anything about it he reached into one of the bags. "I brought this to watch."

In his hands was a copy of The Lion King. Lena could remember when they had just started getting along a conversation she had had with him about how much she loved the Disney movie. She had told him about how it was the first present Rich had bought her and Danny.

"I know you said it had been awhile since you had watched it." He shrugged now unsure of his choice as she remained silent. "Or not."

"Harry, I don't think -" She was saved from rejecting him for a few more seconds as she assumed the pizza guy had finally arrived.

Harry looked even more confused when she stopped talking giving him an apologetic look before moving towards the door. Taking a few bills out of her pocket Lena opened the door ready for her pizza and a momentary distraction. Once again it wasn't the pizza guy standing outside of her door.

She had been texting Finn off and on for days. She hadn't expected to see him face to face again for awhile, if ever. With Harry inside and Finn outside Lena didn't know where to run now that the situation had gotten ten times worse.

"Finn, what are you doing here?"

"I was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by." He answered easily. "Are you busy?"

"Uh." Lena looked over her shoulder at Harry who was doing a poor job of looking uninterested in what was happening at the door. "I kind of am."

Finn glanced over her head making eye contact with Harry. "Oh, I see that."

"Actually, mate, I was leaving." Harry said not looking at Lena. "I'll talk to you later."

Harry moved past them into the hall Lena made a split second decision then. It didn't matter what was going on with them she had to tell him there was nothing going on with Finn. Even if it wasn't any of Harry's business she still felt the need to explain herself.

"Make yourself at home." She instructed Finn.

She didn't wait to see if he had made it inside her legs were already moving toward Harry whose long legs had already carried him to the lift.

"Harry, wait." She stopped in front of him but he wouldn't look at her. "I didn't know he was-"

"Stop." Harry groaned. "Just stop."

"Harry?"

He turned to look at her and it was like seeing him back in LA; heart broken. "I'm done trying. I won't bother you anymore."

Lena opened her mouth ready to tell him that wasn't what she wanted but the doors to the lift opened then. He entered the lift his head down only looking up to push the button to close the doors. Lena stood there stunned as they closed to take Harry away.

**


"That was a terrible idea." Harry was sat in his car outside of Lena's building.

"Why?" Alexis sighed. "What happened?"

"She didn't want me there for starters." Harry covered his face with on of his hands muffling his next sentence. "And fucking Finn showed up."

"No." Alexis sounded more alert now. "What did you do?"

"I left. What do you think I would do?" Harry brought his hand down reaching forward to start his car.

"Tell him to find his own bird."

"I can't just do that!" Harry pulled out of the parking space he had been occupying. "She's not mine to be possessive over."

"So? That arsehat needs to know to stay away." Alexis was failing to see Harry's point which was only frustrating him more. "Are you just giving up now?"

"Yes."

"You can't do that."

Harry sighed he was exhausted. He could barely even think straight anymore. All he knew was he was down being rejected. "I can't do this anymore, Lex."

"The Harry I know doesn't give up." Alexis argued. "Doesn't matter if there is someone else."

"I'm trying to learn from past mistakes."

"C'mon Harry, don't give up."

He wanted to believe that if he kept trying hard enough Lena would see what he had been trying to tell her. He just couldn't see it happening. It was easier this way to just give up. It was obvious she had so why shouldn't he?

"I have to."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope ya like!

Five chapters left.