‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

i'm all over you, i'm not over you

Lena wasn't expecting much from this party. Maybe a few drinks with her friends but that was about it. That didn't stop Mia from dictating her outfit because to Mia any party big or small was a perfect excuse to dress up. She even made Lena wear heels much to her dismay. At least she had Liam to hold on to on the walk from their front door to the car and then again when they got to The Lion's Club. The blinds were drawn, there was a small cluster of photographers standing down the street ready for any famous faces to appear, to keep any unwanted onlookers to see their get together. At the sight of Liam stepping out of the car the photographers swarmed but he acted calm as he held out a hand for Mia. He did the same with Lena both girls latching onto him as they made their way to the doors of the pub. The photographers followed them with each step they took flashes going off in their faces. Lena kept her head down something she had learned from tour, you can't date a member of One Direction and not have a little bit of media training.

"That was bloody mental." Mia complained when the door shut behind them cutting off the photographers.

"You'll get used to it." Liam looked like he was hoping she would things wouldn't go well for them if she didn't.

The Lion's Club Pub was a small dimly lit pub with patrons already taking up much of the space. In the far corner of the pub a banner had been hung up with 'Congratulations' in big block letters for the whole pub to see. Just below the banner sat Eleanor and Louis with a grinning Niall next to them.

"What do you think?" Eleanor exclaimed jumping out of her seat to hug Lena. "Brilliant?"

"Brilliant." Lena agreed.

"This was my idea."

Eleanor turned so sharply to look at Niall Lena thought she must have gotten whiplash from it. "It was hardly your idea."

"It was." Niall reiterated. "You had a big elaborate plan for this party and I said why not just have it at a pub. Much more Lena's style, and I told you Sam worked here giving us a connection."

"Bro, I'd stop talking." Louis nudged Niall in the ribs. "You are shit when it comes to talking to woman."

Lena looked at Eleanor ignoring Niall and Louis' arguing. "It's great. I love it."

Eleanor grinned wide at that. "Alright sit down I'll get you a drink."

Soon after that the rest of their party arrived. Gemma and Landon were the first to join their table beers in hand. After what had been happening with Harry Lena had thought Gemma would have been angry with her but nothing seemed out of the ordinary. Even more surprising was the arrival of Sam, she took her time coming to the table stopping to talk with her coworkers first. Niall's eyes stayed glued to her the entire time it made Lena wonder how things were with them. When Sam did finally walk over to their table she sat next to Niall but their was an obvious tension between them, their bodies leaning away from each other a contrast to how they had been before. Only a handful of the record companies employees showed up. Finn was absent from the fun but Lena had expected that much.

When he had shown up unexpectedly that night instead of inviting him in she sent him away. Harry leaving had left a weird feeling in her gut that wouldn't go away. Finn hadn't taken the rejection harshly but it hardly did anything for their friendship.

She was surrounded by people who cared for her. People who had helped her feel like she belonged somewhere even after she had alienated herself pushing everyone away. They had taken her back with open arms, but there was something missing. It was when her third round of drinks were brought over that she noticed who the missing person was and after that she couldn't stop thinking about him. Out of everyone that had shown up none of them had more of a right to be there then Harry. Without him Lena wouldn't have created the songs she had. He was the reason she was able to finish an album.

Knowing now that he was done for good, done chasing after her, should have felt like a weight was lifted but it didn't. If anything the weight got heavier almost knocking her down to her knees. He wasn't coming back to her.

The change in her mood didn't go unnoticed Louis who was working his way to sloppy drunk noticed how her eyes would dart to the door whenever it opened. His heavy eyes would flicker back and forth from her and the door she was looking at longingly. Finally fed up with how pathetic she looked he leaned over Eleanor to whisper rather loudly in Lena's ear, or ear area seeing as he wasn't in proper form.

"He's sitting at home being a proper tit."

"What?" The mug of beer in Lena's hand was set down hard enough for some to spill over the sides. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Harry, of course."

"Louis, leave her alone." Eleanor pushed Louis out of her way. "She doesn't care where Harry is."

"She does too!"

"He's at home?" Lena glanced back the door.

"Call her a cab." Louis snapped his fingers in Eleanor's face. "ASAP. She's gotta dickhead to see."

If Lena had been thinking straight, three beers in and she was feeling a little off, she would have thought of all of the possible outcomes to showing up at Harry's house unannounced. Best possible outcome he would be there waiting for her wanting nothing more then to just be together like she wanted. Worst outcome he was there with another girl and wanted nothing to do with her.

The cab pulled in front of his gate idling long enough for Lena to hand over a few bills Louis had given her. At the gate she encountered her first problem. The numbers Louis had hastily written on Lena's hand looked like a doodle hardly making any sense. After typing in more then one number sequence she stumbled upon the right one the gate opened and without giving too much time to really think about it she walked to his front door.

Considering who had given her the brilliant advice to go to Harry's she shouldn't have been surprised when Harry didn't come to the door.

**


At eight when he should have been at The Lion's Club Harry was walking through the door of Alexis' flat using the extra key he had never given back to her. She was lounging on the couch a bowl of popcorn resting on her stomach. She wasn't surprised to see him, most nights she hoped he walk through her door, but the look on his face made her sit up popcorn bowl being set on the ground.

"You alright?"

"I need a drink."

Now four old episodes of Great British Bake Off in to their night Harry was nursing beer number three and Alexis was on bowl number two. Both of them were in their own worlds intoxicated on beer and weed. Alexis was splayed out on the couch feet in Harry's lap while Harry slouched down fingers mindlessly tracing the tattoo on her ankle.

"I could really go for a piece of chocolate cake."

Alexis had her eyes trained on the cake being sculpted to resemble a castle. Harry looked at the tv his own stomach tumbling hungrily.

"Think we could make one?"

Alexis looked at him eyebrow raised. "Dunno."

Harry stood up heading in the direction of Alexis' kitchen. "Are you helping me?"

Alexis groaned but got off the couch anyway the promise of chocolate cake would get her to do anything. "Think you know what you're doing?"

"I have an idea."

With a quick search online for a simple cake recipe Harry went to work making the cake. They were lucky Alexis actually had everything they would need, although she wasn't sure how any of it ended up in her cupboards. Harry in his buzzed state only managed to spill over the sugar container which in his mind was alright considering it could have been worse.

"The bakery did you some good." Alexis dipped her finger into the batter bringing it up to her mouth for a taste.

"I suppose."

"Fuck, this is good." Alexis went to stick her finger in the batter a second time but Harry moved out of her reach before she could. "Hey!"

"That's unsanitary." Harry continued his stirring of the chocolate mixture.

"It's just me and you eating it."

"I'd rather not have your germs in my cake!"

Alexis smirked as she reached around him finger once again dipping into the batter. "We used to share germs all the time."

"That's different." Harry poured the mixture into a square cake pan. "I don't need your saliva baking in my perfect cake."

"Hmm, I guess your right." Alexis leaned against the counter eyeing Harry carefully. "Remember that time we had fun with the chocolate syrup."

"I remember having chocolate in places it shouldn't have been."

Alexis smiled remembering the night in question perfectly. "Why aren't you at Lena's party?"

Harry waited to answer her question as he busied himself with putting the cake in the oven. "I didn't know you knew about that."

"Sam told me."

Harry sighed he held out the bowl and spoon with leftover batter to Alexis which she gladly took. "I took your advice about not giving up on her. I went to her house with her favorite movie and her favorite ice cream but you know who fucking showed up while I was there?"

Alexis set the bowl down sensing an impending melt down from Harry. "Finn?"

"Fucking Finn."

"That could be the name of our hipster band."

Harry rolled his eyes. "Are you really making a joke right now?"

"It's what I do." Alexis shrugged. "Fuck him, well don't really fuck him that wouldn't be very cohesive and what not, but who fucking cares about Finn? He's a wanker, we both know that; and I bet you anything Lena knows that."

"I'm just over all of it."

"Over it?"

"Yeah. She doesn't want to be with me, Alexis. What the fuck am I supposed to do? I'm over it."

"Harry-"

Harry walked away not letting Alexis finish saying her next words of encouragement. "Save it."

"Don't walk away from me!"

Harry turned around catching Alexis' arm as it swung at him. "Jesus, could you not abuse me right now?"

"I wasn't abusing you. Just thought a good slap up side the head would do you some good."

"Well it isn't necessary."

They glared at each other momentarily fighting silently. "You can let go of me now."

Harry let her arm go using that hand to run through his hair. "I didn't set a timer for the cake."

Just like that the tension was eased. "We'll check on it. I need to smoke you've mucked up my high."
♠ ♠ ♠
fuuuuuck this took me forever to write. Sorry about the ridiculously long wait. Won't happen again! Four chapters to go!