‹ Prequel: Give Me Love
Status: Reading Give Me Love isn't necessary : )

Grade 8

now I know I'm sober it's just so profound that every wall I built up came crashing down

"Where are we going?" Lena looked around the street they were on not recognizing anything.

When Harry had wanted to go exploring she had assumed he meant touristy places like the Statue of Liberty or Times Square. Not a sandwich shop in Queens.

"What did I say about talking to me?" Harry asked not looking at her. "I need your help bringing the boxes to the car."

"So you get to talk to me but I can't talk to you?" Lena asked but her words were lost as Harry slammed his door.

Inside there were people sitting at tables eating some waiting for food and a long line waiting to order. Harry went straight to a man who looked like he was in charge. Lena stayed back not sure what was going on, that had just ate not long ago and as appealing as these sandwiches looked she just couldn't eat one. Lena had already spotted a phone or two angled their way.

"Do you know what he's doing?" Lena asked turning to Preston who had accompanied them on this adventure. Niall had told her it wouldn't be long now before Preston became her body guard.

"He's as much a mystery to me as he is to you."

Harry came back a moment later smiling wide. "Alright we need to go 'round back."

"What are we doing?" Lena tried again.

Harry ignored her completely this time not even a cold glare sent her way. Preston nodded towards the door Harry gave him a thumbs up while Lena just looked sullen. She was right to be worried about this outing.

Preston drove the car around the back of the sandwich shop, the manager had two of his workers packing the car up with something that Harry had yet to inform Lena of, while Lena and Harry waited inside sitting at one of the booths. They were silent Harry on his phone and Lena people watching. She had seen at least six more phones taking pictures and videos but no one had approached them yet. She couldn't wait to see what people had to say about this online.

"Can I ask you something?" Lena asked Harry her voice low.

"No."

"What is it we're doing here?"

Harry looked at her his green eyes unreadable. "Getting sandwiches."

"For?" Lena pushed.

"To give out to people."

"We're handing out sandwiches to random people?" Lena looked around the shop utterly confused. "Who exactly would want a sandwich from us?"

"Homeless people. People who don't have enough money for food. Anyone really."

That was the last thing Lena had expected. "That's amazing Harry."

"When I'm feeling bad about myself I like to do something for other people." He shrugged. "Instead of spending my money on stupid shit I'd rather spend it on helping someone else. It makes me feel better about everything I do and have to put up with."

Lena wasn't really surprised she had seen Harry's compassion towards others almost everyday. He always goes out of his way to make some else happy. She had seen him do everything in his power to make his fans happy. This was something completely different, being nice to his fans is a given, going out of his way to help people said a lot about him.

"Are we going to walk the streets then?" Lena finally asked.

"I was thinking we'd take them to a homeless shelter down the street and whatever we have left we'll walk around with." Harry told her a very decisive tone to his voice. "If you don't want to come with you don't have to."

"I want to!" Was Lena's instant reply. "This will be fun."

Harry gave her a blank look not looking even a little happy to have her around. Good thing Preston chose that moment to walk back into the sandwich shop.

"We're ready to go."

The homeless shelter was a short ten minute drive. It took another eight for Harry and Preston to talk to the head of the shelter, Lena opted out of going in for that. Now Lena was helping one of the kitchen staff bring in the ten boxes of sandwiches from the back of the car.

"Lunch is in ten minutes so if you will please put on an apron and a hair met." The kitchen leader, Teresa instructed. Teresa was big lady both in height and width and she ran her kitchen in a strict manner. "Harry you will start the line handing out the sandwiches. Lena you and I will be in charge of drinks."

Lena stood in front of the cooler filled with water bottles and orange juice. The doors not long after that people filling in instantly. For the next hour Lena gave out the drinks with a wide smile. She had never received so many genuine smiles from people she could feel her heart growing double it's size. When she would glance Harry's way he looked happier then she had seen him since meeting him. Chatting each person up taking a few seconds to talk to them.

"Thank you for doing this." Teresa said to Lena as they cleaned up the kitchen.

"Of course." Lena handed her the now empty cooler. "I'm glad Harry brought me along."

"He's a sweet boy, you're lucky."

Lena was at a loss for words. She glanced at Harry who was joking around with one of the kitchen workers as they washed some trays.

"What makes you say that?"

Teresa let out a hearty laugh. "Oh honey, it's so obvious."

"We're not together." She could feel the heat spread across her cheeks.

"Shame he's a real keeper."

Lena looked back at Harry at the same time he glanced her way sending a small smile her way. It was the first smile he had ever given her a smile.

"I suppose he is."

"I'm tellin' you snatch him up before someone else does." Teresa instructed.

**


"That was a lot of fun."

After leaving the shelter they decided to walk to the nearest ice cream. Which Harry found on his phone a few blocks from the shelter.

"It was." Harry agreed. "I'm glad we got to do that."

"Thank you for letting me tag along. I know I wasn't your first choice."

Harry put his hands in his pockets shoulders hunched over. His sunglasses were back on so reading his expression was impossible. "I guess I should be thanking you."

"Harry!" The dreaded squeals from behind them made Lena cringe.

Harry turned slowly using the time to plaster on a wide smile. "Hello."

There were only about ten fans with their phones out ready to take a picture with one fifth of their favorite boy band. Lena stood next to Preston while Harry talked with the girls, taking pictures and sighing their things. None of them had approached her which she was kind of glad it was still too strange for her.

She didn't get off to easy though. "I thought you hated him."

The tall girl standing in front of her arms crossed and face set into an intimidating glare. There were a few other girls looking her way now. The one talk to her looked at her expectantly.

"Never said that." Lena answered with a shrug.

"Leave her alone." Another girl piped up her bright blue eyes going from the girl to Lena. "I really like your music, mind if I get a picture?"

Lena moved forward past the first girl who was watching with the same sour look. "I'd love to."

A few more girls wanted a picture with her which Lena was happy to do now that she knew they weren't all crazy. By now they were drawing a crowd much too big already for just Preston to control.

"We need to go." Preston said to Lena who was just finishing sighting someone's arm. "Hold on to my arm while I try to get Harry out of here."

Lena did as she was told holding on to his arm securely as he navigated through the excited girls. They were starting to catch on that their time with Harry was coming to an end as they pushed closer to him even more. Preston shouted for them to make room for Harry to walk through. Only a few listened but Lena and Preston were able to make it through to Harry. He looked frazzled even as he continued to smile for each phone shoved in his face. When Preston reached his side he had a strong grip on Harry's arm and Lena soon found out why. As they made for an exit out of the bodies hands grabbed on to her attempting to pull her back. The original ten fans had multiplied to an uncountable amount of screaming teenagers. All of them wanting proof they had met Harry Styles.

"Are you alright?" Harry asked frantically eyes scanning her. He lifter her arm twisting it to see both sides.

"I'm fine." Lena said her voice weak. Harry gave her a look of disbelief as he continued to look for any injury. All he could find were a few tears in her shirt. "Harry, you're bleeding."

Harry looked up at her eyebrows raised. "You're bleeding." Lena said again pointing to the blood that was slowly starting to drift down his arm.

Lena watched horrified as Harry lifted the edge of his shirt to catch the blood. That was all she had chance to see as her eyes rolled back into her head.

**


Lena woke up a little later with a groan. She still felt queasy even with her head resting on something soft. Her eyes opened slowly surprised to see a pair of dark green ones looking back.

"I never would have guess you had a fear of blood." His deep voice was full of amusement.

"Not just blood, open wounds." Lena grumbled.

"Is she alright?" Preston asked from the front of the car.

"Yeah she's alright." Harry answered.

Lena looked away from his face her head turning to the side where she was met with a butterfly. Sitting up quickly Lena sputtered for the right words. She had seen him shirtless on many occasions but it was not something she wanted to see when she woke up after fainting, well actually it wasn't all that bad but it was the principle of the matter.

"Why are you shirtless?" She asked pointing to his bare chest.

"I had to use something for you to lay on until you woke up." Harry answered unrolling his shirt. The bottom was ripped the thin fabric used as a makeshift bandage. He pulled it over his head covering his tones chest. "I could have used yours I suppose."

Lena scoffed eyes narrowing. "You will not be undressing me, Styles."

"We'll see." Harry gave her a smile she had yet to see from him, the right side lifting up dimples forming. "Had to skip ice cream unfortunately."

"That's fine." Lena was not in the mood for ice cream anymore. She looked at the window surprised to see they were parked on the side of the rode. "Where are we?"

"Not too far from Times Square." Harry answered. "We have to wait for back up before we venture into that."

"Good." Lena let out an involuntary shudder.

Back up came in the form of a big black car two bulky men getting out of the front seats. They were theirs muscle if they needed to get out of a crowd again. Lena was more then happy to have them fall them around.

"First things first we need new shirts." Harry said as they finally made their way into Times Square.

Lena's feet slowed as she took in the sight before her. There were people everywhere, tourists and natives all mingling together into a variety of people. Lena had never seen such a place.

"What do you think?" Harry asked holding up an 'I love New York' shirt.

"It's nice?" Lena asked not paying too much attention.

There was too much going on around her to care about some shirt. She had even realized there was a big rip in her shirt.

"You need to change."

Harry was holding up a white shirt having already changed into the matching black one. He nodded his head towards the makeshift changing room the vender had set up at the end of his cart. Lena grabbed the shirt out of Harry's hand.

"Alright let's go!" Harry exclaimed once Lena walked out behind the curtain.

"Where are we going?" Lena asked smoothing out her new shirt feeling ridiculous in it. "Couldn't have found a different shirt?"

"We are walking around Times Square." Harry answered. He glanced at her a smile forming. "I think you look fit in that shirt."

"I don't need you to lie to me thanks." Lena grumbled.

They went in and out of shops neither of them spending any money just enjoying looking around. It was in one of the more tourist centered shops that Lena found the perfect present for her mom.

"Why are you getting a shot glass?" Harry asked as Lena payed.

"My mom collects them." Lena explained. "Every new place we go I get one."

Harry didn't say anything more on the matter. He found a stuffed Statue of Liberty to give to Lux when they got back to the hotel.

"We could get that I've cream now." Harry nodded in the direction of a Ben and Jerry's.

"Yes please!" Lena was verging on starving and anything at this point would make her happy.

It was well past noon now the ice cream shop was packed with tourists in need of a late afternoon snack. Preston hovered protectively behind Lena and Harry while the other two waited outside ready to help them get out of the rather small shop if need be.

"I don't know how you could be used to all of that." Lena said to Harry thinking back on the craziness from before.

"It's not usually that bad." Harry looked down at his makeshift bandage. "Are you sure your not hurt?"

"I'm positive." Lena hadn't felt anything on her body but until she could inspect her body later she assumed all was good. "How's your arm?"

"Better." Harry answered with a small smile. "Wanna see?"

Lena let out a shudder. "No thank you."

Harry laughed, a real laugh one with his head thrown back eyes closed shut, the sound vibrating through Lena's body. "I didn't think so."

Lena looked at him, really looked at him, from his brown boots that he desperately needed to replace to his unruly curly hair that he had been messing with all day. She had spent the last few weeks with him but it felt like this was the first time she had really seen him. He was the brooding boy she had gotten to know, he was the Harry she had seen on stage or around fans but instead of being faked or forced it was genuine. He had never looked so perfect.

"Is something on my face?"

Lena snapped out of her thoughts cheeks going red. "Uh, no."

She watched him order their ice cream in a sort of daze. She knew what this feeling was, the knot in her stomach and the painful speed her heart was going. A crush. A crush on Harry Styles, one fifth of the biggest boy band, the very boy who had been making her life miserable since she started this tour. There was at least one thing she knew would come of this crush; absolutely nothing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So there's that.