Status: Active! Though I don't know how often I'll be updating... Comment what you think and stay lovely, loves!

Who Knew That Love Was a Dangerous Drug?

Chapter 1

"Grace!" I awoke to my older brother, Dakota, yelling at me from downstairs. "Jack is here!"
I groaned, ignoring his statement and digging my face in the pillow. I heard stomping coming up the stairs and ignored that too, on normal days I would have jumped up, knowing what would happen next but this day, I just wanted to... Sleep. "GRACIE, GRACIE, GRACIE, GRACIEEEE!" Jack exclaimed, banging on the door, then running into the room and jumping on my bed. "Jack.." I whined, my voiced muffled by the pillow, "I'm tired, stop!"
Jack continued to jump on my bed, laughing as he did, that got old quickly. I grabbed his ankle, causing him to fall and he took me with him, landing on my floor.
It was silent, then we both started laughing.
"Mornin' neighbour!" Jack exclaimed once the laughter died down.
"Good morning, love" I replied, smiling as he pulled me up from the ground, he ran back down the stairs as I got dressed.

It was a daily routine, like clockwork.
He'd come over before school and wake me up, he only lived next door.
He'd make poptarts and I'd eat about half of one and he'd eat the rest, along with a whole other one for him.
We'd walk to school and just goof around.
He'd walk me to all of my classes.
After school, Rian would drop me off at my house on the way to their band practice or, I'd do my homework while watching them practice.
Jack would come home or, we'd both come home, and do homework at his house.
Afterwards, Jack would walk me to my house, right next to his.
And then we'd start over the next morning.

When I was done with my makeup and clothing shit, I walked downstairs and received a poptart from Jack, and then we walked, I said goodbye to my brother, who just waved in response.
On the way to school, Jack and I planned the day out, basically if I was going to practice today or not.

I had this feeling about today. You know, that feeling where you know something's going to happen, but you're not sure if it's good or bad? Yeah, THAT feeling.
I shook it off as I saw the sign that said 'Dulaney High School', making me frown.
School. Ew. No.
We got the usual 'Ew, it's THEM' looks as we walked through the halls. No, the boys and I were NOT part of the popular group. I don't know why, we're all pretty odd, and awkward... And I have horrible social skills but, we're not bad people, not at all!
Eh, you get used to it eventually. I just felt bad for the boys. I weigh them down. I know for a fact that if I weren't in the picture, they'd be at the top now.
We kind of are, we're seniors. We're at the top AGE wise, but that's totally different.
Either way, Jack dropped me off at my Chemistry class, where I met up with Rian. I plopped down next to him in our usual spots with a sigh.
"What's with the frown, clown?" Rian asked, making my head snap in his direction. I burst out laughing.
"What the fuck was that?!" I asked between breaths, "Was that... Was that a question about my emotional state? That did not succeed at all, dear!"
By the look on his face, he didn't get why I was laughing. In all honesty, I didn't know either. It's just... That's not a real way to ask someone how they are, or why they're sad. You're not going to get a serious response.
I took a deep breath and finally answered, "I don't know. Everything's the same. Every. Day. And I'm kind of sick of it.."
He nodded. "It's okay, Spring break is just around the corner and then after that, there's only a few weeks left!" he exclaimed, making me realize how little time I had left with my boys before college. This time, I frowned, making Rian look shocked.
"What's wrong this time?"
"I mean, I want high school to be over, but I don't want to leave!" I exclaimed, putting my head on my desk. I wanted to go to a college for photography, taking pictures of people.
"You're complicated." he sighed, I could tell he was shaking his head.
"Yeah, and you're a potato." I shot back, rolling my eyes even though he couldn't tell.
"Wait, what? A potato?" he asked with a chuckle.
"I don't know Rian, meth is one HELL of a drug.." I sighed, lifting my head from the desk and shrugging.
He laughed, "I wouldn't be saying that, someone might think you're actually on drugs!"
I shrugged, I really COULDN'T care less.

I made my way through the day, which was mighty tiresome. I just wanted to be home. UGH.
I walked to lunch bumping into Stacy, the school slut, also the person who tries -and sometimes succeeds- to make my life hell. Today? I couldn't give less of a fuck. I was in a very... Playful mood currently.

She looked at me and scoffed, raising an eyebrow at me, in return, I stood there sending her a challenging look, waiting for what she had in store.

"You're so ugly an pathetic, I can't believe you even have friends!" she squeaked, flicking her platinum blonde hair.
"Hey, I own up to my flaws, I'm not plastic and fake looking, say... What spray tan colour do you buy? Umpa Lumpa orange?" I shot back innocently, smiling and tilting my head.
She let out this noise that sounded like a fish out of water. "You bitch!" she screeched.
I clutched my heart and drop to me knees. "Stacy.. no!" I let out several coughs. "It... It hurts... So... Fucking... B-badd!" I fell to the floor. "You hurt my heart AND my feelings!" I exclaimed, pretending to black out.
A minute later I got up, a bored expression on my face. "Yeah, come back when your opinion matters" I said with a chuckle, seeing Jack, Alex and Rian laughing about 10 feet away, waiting for me to go over to them. I complied.

We ate lunch in the exact opposite of silence, there were various yell, towards each other and towards random people.
That's just what we did. We were those 'infamous' kids. You know, those kids everyone knows but for a terrible reason? The quote-on-quote punks?

That was us. Me and my boys. We were known as the punks.
I smirked. I had NO problem with that.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys! First chapter, what do you think? Comments? No? Okay. Yeah. I'll update soon maybe... Probably.
Considering this IS the first chapter, feedback would be TERRIFIC even though there's not much to go off of.