Status: oh but darling's story, but she couldn't finish.

Stay

Chapter Sixteen

| Sixteen |
Niall's POV
"Ugh, stop moving." Violet whined and squirmed in the tight mattress.

I sighed, "Vi please stop hogging the blanket," I tugged at the fabric and snuggled deep into it. Violet rolled around and eventually hit her head on my chest.

"Sorry." She mumbled and turned back around, my heart quickly sped up. I wanted to reach my arms out and let her head rest in my chest.

I frowned at my feelings, "So-- do you like Troy?" Where did that come from?

"We're just friends; he's a horrible friend though." Violet laughed; facing the ceiling she began tracing the tiny cracks in the wall.

I started tracing with her, "What about me?" The room went quiet, Violet looked at me, furrowing her eyebrows and frowning she didn't speak.

"You're my best friend." Violet answered, "I'm glad I've met you, you've changed my life for the better." I smiled at her answer and thanked her.

"I feel bad for the cleaning maid service." I tried piping up a conversation.

Violet nodded, "She'll probably spend DAYS cleaning up the food and the mess we made!" She hooted with laughter, strangely her laugh and giggle was music to my ears.

"What time is it?" Violet asked, looking around in the darkness, she reached over and clicked on the lamp, the light quickly filling in the room.

I glanced at my watch, "3:30 AM," I replied, "I'm not even tired."

"Wait, wait, what time do you have to be at the film?"

"Around 9-10," I shrugged, "A cup of coffee always doesn't hurt." Violet groaned and fell back on the bed making it shake.

She shook her head, "I'm going to be so sleepy tomorrow and you know how I don't like coffee that much."

Guilt swirled in my stomach, could it be my fault for making Violet stay up all night? I stayed quiet, thinking of a solution.

"I got it," I grinned, "I'll sing you to sleep."

"Wait what?!" Violet said, "You don't even have your guitar!" I smirked and walked over to the corner of the room, brushing away the curtain I flashed her the guitar.

"Why would you hide it?"

"You never know when some crazed fan might steal my Baby." I patted the smooth wood and strummed on the guitar strings.

Violet snorted, "You call your guitar Baby?" I sat on the bed, facing Violet's face; her eyes shone amber brown; her eyes sucked the air out of the room.

Violet waved her hand in front of my face, "Hello, Earth to Niall!" I snapped out of and smiled sheepishly.

"So what song do you want me to sing?" I focused my fingers on the chords, matching the harmony and melody.

"Surprise me?"

I thought, out of all the songs I've learned and played, "Oh I know. It's called Little Things-- my good friend Ed Sheeran wrote it."

"Get comfortable okay?" Violet nodded and brought up the cover close to her chest as her head sank into the pillow. I slowly began strumming, the music snaking up to Violet as she smiled, enjoying the sound.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
But bear this mind it was meant to be
And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks
And it all makes sense to me

I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile,
You've never loved your stomach or your thighs
The dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine

But I'll love them endlessly

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if I do, it's you, oh it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You can't go to bed without a cup of tea
Maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep
And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep

Though it makes no sense to me

I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape
You never want to know how much you weigh
You still have to squeeze into your jeans
But you're perfect to me

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you, they add up to
I'm in love with you and all these little things

You never love yourself half as much as I love you
You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to
If I let you know, I’m here for you
Maybe you'll love yourself like i love you oh and

I've just let these little things slips out of my mouth
'Cause it's you, oh it's you; it's you they add up to
And I’m in love with you (and all these little things)

I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth
But if it's true, it's you, it's you they add up to
I'm in love with you, and all your little things."


I let my fingers slip the last chord, the song ending as Violet's light snores coated the room. I smiled at Violet as her chest rose up and then fell back.

"Goodnight, beau-" I stopped myself from saying it as I sighed with relief that Violet didn't catch me. I shook my head, I just needed a rest.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to update ._. 179 reads? Thank you, thank you ^^

I added a song in the layout that kinda fits the story... I thought the song was cute :c it's called Beautiful by Carly Rae Jepsen ft. Justin Bieber

IDK MAN. IDK. IT WAS CUTE.

How sweet is little Nialler? Singing Violet to sleep? d'awwwwwww <3 C: If you didn't catch the Up All Night joke, I don't know you and I never did.

Since you waited for a long time I'll update two times today, okay?(I'll try) ;D OHH NIALL ALMOST CALLED VIOLET BEAUTIFUL.

Don't be a silent reader <3