Status: oh but darling's story, but she couldn't finish.

Stay

Chapter Twenty-One

| Chapter Twenty-One |
Niall's POV
We reached the restaurant with ease, no media or press. A few fans asked for photos and autographs; the same with some waiters and waitresses but no harm done.

"What would you like to drink?" the waiter asked and passed on the menus.

"We'll all have Pepsi," Lou answered and smiled politely. The waiter nodded and quickly left our table and fled to the kitchen. Violet, who was on my right, was staring out into the clear glass window. The restaurant was at rooftop level and gave you access to beautiful city lights below.

Louis, on my left, slightly hit my rib cage, "Quit staring at her mate- it's creepy." He whispered as I dodged my eyes back to my empty plate.

"Isn't the view just gorgeous?" Lou sighed and peered at skyscrapers and buildings down below her.

The dress on Violet was stunning and it always stole my gaze. Everything about her always formed butterflies in my stomach.

Harry scanned the menu, "What should I get?" As if he reminded me, I picked up the cuisine and silently read the orders.

"I'll probably order the pasta," Violet shrugged and fiddled with her fork. The waiter came back with a black tray and eight Pepsi's on it.

"Thank you," Tom, Lou's husband, thanked him and set the drinks for everyone.

"Violet? Is that you?" a familiar voice questioned, he walked closer to the table; exposing his face. It was Troy.

Violet's face lit up, "Troy! What are you doing here?" It made me upset that she never had expressions like that when I was around. It made me more upset that Troy was here.

Violet got up and hugged Troy in a greeting, anger boiled in my stomach; replacing the butterflies I felt.

"You okay?" Louis whispered with concern.

I clicked my tongue against my teeth, "Not necessarily happy," I replied with honesty.

Louis formed an ' o ' with his mouth, "What's wrong?" He asked as Violet and Troy had their own conversations between themselves.

I sighed heavily, "I've been getting butterflies and nervous whenever I am around Violet and now I'm not really glad that Troy is here," I snarled at his name.

Louis chuckled, "Have you ever thought that you're starting to like Violet?"

I blinked as Louis continued, "Maybe you're jealous that Troy has been friends with Violet and you're thinking that he's stealing her away from you?"

"How do you even know all these stuff?"

Louis smiled, "Eleanor and I had a bumpy past but we're together and I'm happy."

"And is she happy?"

Louis clasped a hand on my shoulder, "Always." The conversation ended between Violet and Troy as she went back to her seat.

"So what was that all about?" Lou giggled as she leaned closer to Violet.

Violet shrugged, "We just talked and Troy joked how it was fate."

"What is he doing here?" I blurted out as it came out unfriendly as I intended it to be. Violet stared at me in disbelief. Slowly rain drops fell on the glass; blurring the city lights- it strangely fit the mood.

I was looking at Violet and she was looking back, her brown eyes wanted to say something but the words didn't come out. But staring into her eyes made my knees go weak and I could feel my heart racing.

The jealousy was burnt out and I could just lose myself in her gaze, which brought me back to what Louis had said. I couldn't possibly like Violet, I've always saw her as a friend but my heart always quickened whenever she smiled back then.

But I didn't realize it was "crushing," I wasn't the ladies’ man and I certainly didn't focus on having girlfriends or defining my feelings.

I don't want to ruin this friendship- besides, I doubt Violet would ever like me back. She's gorgeous, funny, has a nice smile, with a beautiful pair of eyes, and everything a guy would want.

"He was visiting a friend in town," Violet broke my thoughts as I nodded, biting my lip.

The waiter came with a notepad and pen, "What can I get you?"

"I will have the chicken salad," Lou said.

"Beef pork for me," Tom answered and passed down his and Lou's menu to the waiter.

"We'll all have some hamburgers," Liam ordered for him, Zayn, Harry, and Louis. The waiter scribbled it all down and looked and Violet and I.

He smiled, "We have discounts on couples."

Violet's cheeks flushed, "Er- we, um, aren't a couple," the waiter's smile dropped as awkward filled the room.

I couldn't help but wonder; what if we were a couple. That Louis was right and that I did like Violet, would I be happy?

"We'll both have the pasta," I answered and handed him the menu, "If that's alright with you?" I glanced at Violet. She seemed lost in her gaze and slowly nodded.
♠ ♠ ♠
Restuarant
Writer's block is a bitch,
I re-wrote this chapter three times.

Here's some random gif as my apology. Love you all x
Image

Hopefully I didn't lose any readers :c

ON AN IMPORTANT NOTE.
I have deleted Paper Planes- which is a terrible bad habit and I am trying to break it. I thought it would be a good idea, which I still believe it is, but I couldn't manage the time. I am so soo sorry. After this fan fiction, I believe I will be done with Guilty and I'm going to take a short break and just read some stories.

BUT OOOHH. Niall is recognizing his true feelings :O!
Don't be a silent reader <3