Sequel: Olivia on Tour
Status: COMPLETED!

Olivia

Chapter 2.

"My stomach hurts." I said, clutching it, lying on the sofa.

Olivia poked my stomach, causing me to groan. She giggled.

"Do you find my pain funny?" I asked, sitting up and looking at her.

"Yes."

"You little menace." I reached over to tickle her stomach. She tried to wriggle away from me, but failed. I tickled her until she surrendered.

"I give up Jack! Stop it!" She yelled, laughing.

My phone buzzed on the coffee table in front of us. I moved the plates and picked it up. I slid my finger over the screen, opening the text message.

It was from Matt.

Remember we've got studio on Monday, don't get too drunk. You have to be in by half 8.

I groaned, I'd forgotten about studio. We were starting a new record.

As I replied with an "Ok.", Olivia asked, "Who was that?"

"That was my tour manager, gently reminding me not to get too drunk, as we've got studio on Monday." I replied, putting my phone back on the coffee table.

"Cool. What shall we do now?"

"Let's clean this lot up," I said, gesturing at the pile of dirty plates on the table, "And then watch a movie. How's that sound?"

"Yeah!" She jumped up and picked up her plate and glass and went out of the room.

I got up and gathered the remaining plates into a pile with the cutlery on top. I picked it up and walked into the kitchen to find Olivia busily putting her plate, cutlery and glass in the dishwasher. I passed her the cutlery from on top of my pile and she put it in the dishwasher.

It was times like this when I was glad that I had a dishwasher.

I put the plates in whilst asking Olivia what movie we should watch.

"Er... I don't know, you choose."

I straighten back upĀ  cracking my neck as I did so.

"Home Alone! Yay!" I all but screamed, jumping up and down.

"What's Home Alone?" Olivia asked cautiously.

"Only the best movie in existence!" I replied, putting the dishwasher on.

I dragged her into the living room and forced her onto the sofa while I turned the TV on and located the Home Alone DVD. I slid the disk into the DVD player.

I sat on the sofa next to Olivia and pressed play on the remote, starting the movie. I grinned happily.
*-*-*-*-*-*
I mouthed along silently to the movie. I quickly glanced to Olivia next to me, she was enthralled.

"Cool!" She whispered as the Wet Bandits got their comeuppance.

As the ending credits came on, I turned the lights back on. I looked at my phone for the time, it was almost ten o'clock. Olivia should probably be in bed by now. I looked at Olivia, cuddled up against the sofa cushions. She looked adorable.

"Come on." I said, gently pulling her up.

"No. Sleepy. Comfy." She mumbled weakly.

I had no other choice. I picked her up and carried her upstairs to her room. Carefully, I placed her on her bed, after pulling her covers back, and tucked her in. I stood watching her sleep for a few moments before going to my own bedroom.
*-*-*-*-*-*
I sat bolt upright. I heard the wailing again. It was coming from Olivia's room.

I got up, padding next door and immediately rushing over to her. I pressed my hand to her forehead. Her eyes snapped open, wide with panic.

She clutched at my waist, tears running down her face. I stroked her between her shoulder-blades, hopefully calming her.

"Want to tell me about your nightmare?" I asked softly.

"It was about when my parents died. Hic! I could hear the flames crackling. It was terrifying." She said.

"There, there. It's ok now. I'm here." I said, feeling intensely sorry for her.

"Can I sleep with you?" Olivia said, looking up at me, her blue eyes pleading with me.

"Yeah." I picked her up and carried her next door.

Once we were tucked in my double bed, Olivia was still clutching onto me like I would disappear at any moment. She was clearly still scared.

"D'you want me to sing you a song?" I asked.

It worked for a upset or scared Alex, so maybe it would work for Olivia too.

I felt her nod against my chest.

I cleared my throat and began.

"She...
She screams in silence,
A sudden riot penetrating through her mind,
Waiting for a sign,
To smash the silence with the brick of self-control,"


I glanced down at Olivia, whose eyes blinked sleepily. She was almost asleep. I continued.

"Are you locked up in a world,
That's been planned out for you?
Are you feeling like a social took without use?
Scream at me until my ears bleed,
I'm taking heed to you..."


I looked at Olivia again. She was asleep, breathing gently. I smiled and pushed a piece of hair out of her face. She looked sweet when she was asleep.

I rested my head against the pillow and fell asleep quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
I don't own the lyrics in this, they belong to Green Day.

Comments are welcome.