Status: nonactive

Back for More

Over the Love

Monday's were the worst. No matter what age you are, you always seem to hate them. Ava was defiantly a hater of Monday's. They just always interrupted the good weekends. They were the party pooper out off all the rest of the days. She liked to think of them as a group of seven friends. Monday was the party pooper, Tuesday was boring, Wednesday was quirky, Thursday was happy, Friday was hyper, Saturday was crazy, and Sunday was religious. What a terrible group of friends. Could anyone with those personalities ever be friends? Then again Ava's best friend is different than her. Coralie is a vegetarian, a rap-loving-punk girl, and a virgin. She isn't exactly the most stereotypical girl in the world. She's unique and beautiful and everything about her makes Ava love her even more. They aren't exactly the two you'd guess were joined at the hip.

"Ava..." Coralie tapped at her door before running in and jumping onto the bed of the slumbering girl. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" She screamed at the top of her lungs before continuing to sing the happy birthday song. Ava growled in return as she rolled over, pushing black hair from her face. Her green eyes locked on Coralie angrily. What was the purpose of waking up the birthday girl? It's her BIRTHDAY! That means that she gets to sleep in, have breakfast in bed, and sleep all day. Ava didn't even like birthdays. It was just another year closer to dying. Coralie on the other hand loved birthdays, or parties, in general. If there was something to celebrate, Coralie was on it.

"Jesus Crist, you can shut up now. Why are you waking me up?" Ava asked looking over at her clock. It flashed 11:30am in red. She usually doesn't get up till at least 12:30pm, but today she felt like sleeping in till 6:00pm. For some reason she just didn't want to get up today. Was it because it was her birthday?

"You have to get ready babe."

"For what?"

"There is a surprise. Everyone's on the porch waiting." Cora said before removing herself from the bed and walking over to the closet where she begun to did out clothes. Ava huffed before sitting up. She didn't like surprises. It was like they always brought something bad.

Ava got dressed in the outfit Cora laid out. It was a simple black dress that stopped four inches above her knees. It was cute and hugged her curves for the most part. Ava slapped on some mascara and then brushed her hair out. She curled it just slightly so it looked almost as if she had natural waves of black velvet. Once done she looked to Coralie for approval. Her best friend nodded with a smile before standing and walking to her door.

Coralie was just so cute. Her short black pixie cute framed her face just right. She was only 5 foot tall so she was like a little fairy with extremely dark brown eyes. Maybe she was an evil fairy? It wouldn't surprise Ava. They walked out to the porch and there everyone was. Ava's mother, Bethany, Ava's sister, Riley, and her boyfriend Keenan, and Coralie's boyfriend Carl. Now Ava was really wondering what was going on.

"So you know that your party is this weekend, but you don't have a date." Coralie started.

"I don't need a date. It's my party."

"Chill out little sis," Keenan said with a smile. Him and Riley were now engaged and to be completely honest Ava hated it. He was so fake around her that it didn't seem right. Shouldn't one be completely relaxed around their "other" family? And besides that it was Zarin's brother which made things a bit awkward. "I found someone who is willing to be your date."

"Yeah? Who is it, Kyle?" Kyle was Keenan's best friend who Ava also hated. Keenan chuckled and shook his head.

"It's Zarin. He came home for your birthday." Ava stopped breathing. Zarin was home? And he wanted to see her? She hadn't seen him since that dreadful day. Was she even ready for this?

Of course she was ready. She was so over the love that she had for him. Ava was strong. She'd decline his offer respectively. There wasn't anyway that Zarin Alexander Black could control her again. Seeing him would be no different than anyone else. She'd be perfectly fine.

"Ava, AVA!" Coralie waved her hand in front of Ava's face. "Breath girl, you'll be fine. This is good."

"I'm breathing, and I am fine. But there is no way Zarin is taking me to my party," Ava began to tell the group. "I'm over him you guys."

"Ouch. That hurts to know." A deep, smooth voice said from behind her. She turned to see the eyes of the man she had falling in love with so many years ago. He was shirtless and wore only grey basketball shorts. He was much skinner than last time she saw him. It looked as though maybe he'd been doing cocaine of heroin. He still had meat on his bones though because he still had abs. He had tattoo's on the left side of his chest. It was a gun in between a pair of boots. There was one on his right shoulder but Ava couldn't make it out. On Zarin's waist line was writing that said, "Love is stronger than death, Hawkins 1992-2012," in big beautiful lettering.

Ava felt like crying. Seeing the way he looked now, and the tattoos, she felt horrible. How could someone so beautiful go through so much? It brought tears to her eyes but she blinked them away. He walked over to her, and wrapped his arms around her. Zarin squeezed her tight, taking a deep breath as he did so. Ava closed her eyes, letting him embrace her. Her arms wrapped tightly around his waist and she took a deep breath, breathing him in. He still smelt like old Zarin. They stay like that for a few minutes, but Riley coughed and they quickly separated. Ava wanted to know so much, she wanted to ask so many questions, but she just stood there. Their eyes locked on one another.

"So, Zarin, why are you wanting to be Ava's date for her party?" Cora asked, cutting the tension on the porch.

"Well my lovely, we are old friends. Why not take her for one more spin for her eighteenth birthday?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment and subscribe!
Shout out to Writing-luvr11 <3