Back for You

Running.

"Dear, God. I dated that?" I mumble as I look over my glasses, staring at my phone screen.

"Cassie, dear. Can you take out the trash?" I sighed, shoving my phone in my pocket and smiled at Jenna, my "mother". Let me clarify some things. I am from America. Texas. I'm in Ireland as an ex-exchange student and I've lived here for 5 years. I am now 19 and I still live with the wonderful family I was put with. Whenever I "graduated" "high school", I had the option to go back to America, but I just love it here. Wouldn't change it for the world. I was also in a relationship with a certain blonde, Irish boy who I was pretty sure I was never going to leave. That of course was until he decided to go on the X-Factor and form the biggest boy band in the world. When I was 15, I started dating Niall Horan, and a year later he tried out for X-Factor. When One Direction started to get big, and they started to tour, we tried. We Skyped and… we tried. Up until we were 17, we would meet when he had breaks. Man, I was in love with that kid. But, you know how it is. You get all big and famous and even if you promise someone you'll always come back for them, and it's only them, and you will get married in a beautiful church one day, it never means it's going to happen. They cheat, try to apologize, you forgive them, and they do it again. Yeah, so that's why we broke up. We could never see each other, and so he cheated. "On accident" or not, he did it. Now it's nearing his brother's wedding in a week, and he's going to be here tomorrow. Basically I made Tom and Jenna promise me they would help me hide out in the house away from him. Knowing Greg though, he would come on into the house and drag me out himself.

As I took the trash out of the house, I thought back to when I first met Niall. All crooked teeth and blonde hair, adorable as can be.

"Want to play some football?" I glanced at my new "parents" friends kid. He was the same age as me, and was smiling, with a soccer ball in his hands. I glanced at it, then back up to him.

"Um, I do believe you meant soccer?" He looked at me and busted out laughing.

"Right, American girl. Soccer is football here," He said. I felt the heat rise to my pale cheeks.

"I'm sorry. I forgot," I mumbled, wanting nothing more than to run into traffic. Here 1 hour and I already embarrass myself in front of a cute boy.

"Common, then. It'll be fun." He smiled brightly. That smiled pulled me in immediately.


I walked back inside, expecting to come into the quiet home. Jenna reading on the couch, Tom doing whatever he does in that study of his, and Barnibus, our little French Bulldog, sleeping on the couch soundlessly. Instead I walked into a home with the Horan family, plus one, occupying the kitchen. I stared wide eyes. Not at the rest of the Horan family. At Niall. Who was suppose to come in tomorrow. Not be here today. and Jenna gave no warning. No calling out the door saying "Code blue, Nando's boy is here!". Nothing. I shot her a glare and she looked at my symphathetically. Niall just smiled at me like nothing was wrong.

"Um," I started, clearing my throat as everyone stared at me, quite awkwardly, and silently. "I'm just going to…" I looked at Niall, then the ground, then everyone else, back at Niall, then started for the front door. No way in hell was I staying there.

"Cas!" I heard being called out by that all too familiar Irish voice. The voice that used to make my knees feel like honey. Now it just filled me with anger and disgust. I didn't turn around as I heard footsteps behind me. I opened the door quickly, and shut it quickly behind me. I started a quick-paced walk down the street. That of course was until Niall had to follow me outside. I looked back to see him jogging to catch up with me and I panicked. I don't do good in situations like these. The sticky ones. So, I started running as fast as I could. I don't know why. I could always tell him to back the fuck off and go bother some other poor soul, but I was too nice for that one I guess.
♠ ♠ ♠
feedback?