Status: A better rewrite of 'I Don't Fear The Boogeyman'

You Don't Fear The Boogeyman? You Should

Chapter 17:

(Melody)

Spark and I landed in a swinging cage. I heard my mother's voice.
I look over.

"Mom!"

"Your okay Melody. "

I saw dad his head in mom's lap. His face was red. Jackson was right dad was over heating.

" Hi, Melody!"

I look down I see Nala. She looked helpless as everyone in here. I sat down looked at Spark.

"You know spark, I liked it better when I only thought they were stories and that Pitch was gone for good. No one believes in Pitch any more how could he be strong, so strong? Wait a second. Pitch power comes from those that fear him and his nightmares. That means..."

I looked over at mom and her friends. "Mom! Pitch's power is coming from the fear of Jackson! Also fears of me and the others-that doesn't count Storm."

"Zat explains it."

"Zat? Do you mean 'that' Queen Merida?"

I thought about it. He's mainly ganging power from Jackson's fear. Either way the first day is about up.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Jackson)

Great an evil storm than again they act the same. I had another of dad's memories. She had the capsule.

" Hand it over." I said, holding out my hand.

" You mean this?" She reached into her pocket and pulled it out. I was right she had it.

"Yes. Please hand it over or I'll clobber you with another ice ball."
Truthfully I don't even know How I did it the last time.

"Your nothing but a hollow threat."

I had to think of a way for her to give me the capsule. I had an idea.

" Please that capsule belongs to my father. That's what is left of his past."

" Why should I care?"

I don't know if sweet talking would get me out this or not, because I never tried.

" You should know what it's like to love your father. Didn't you love your father?"

She looked at the capsule then at me. "My father meant the world to me, till Pitch killed him, because he refused to help him."

I tried to find solid ground here between us. I realized she was crying black gunk. Yuck.

"So why are helping the monster that destroyed your father?"

" I have no one left. I'm alone."

" I'm trying to save my family. How would you feel if you destroyed your realm self's life. Would that make you better knowing that another image of you faced the same fate. Please, give me the capsule. I'll be your friend no lie."

I saw her eyes widen with shock. "Y-you be friends with a creep like me.?"

" Why not? "

" Okay."

She handed me the capsule than vanished. I turned to the others.

" You got to be kidding me mate."

Pitch showed up. " Aw you melted the heart of someone so mean. I got to say well done Jackson."

He snapped his fingers. Nightmares grabbed Storm, Bunny, Rider, and Raven.

"Put her some where she don't phase into the Shadows."

Pitch turned to me. " Time for the change in the rules. You got to do this alone."

"What?! How?"

Pitch vanished and left me alone. Great I have eight days. Two, wait one capsule, Rider had hers still. I have seven capsules to find. I'm alone with no way of leaving the realm of darkness. I got to keep the capsule from being stolen back. I got to watch for nightmares.

This was making me crazy. I saw Dark storm show back up. "You ever heard the saying; " if you don't like the game your playing than find away to play by your own rules."

I looked at Dark Storm. " I've never heard that." I said confused.
She open a portal.

" Twist Pitch's game. Take this portal. I'll take you where you want to go. Hears a hint. Your a winter spirit, use the wind."

" Thanks."

I walked over to the portal. "Oh sorry for hitting with ice balls." I laughed. " Sorry for the head damage."

I new where I wanted to go to now. I jumped the portal. It's up to me to save the guardians, family and friends.