Finding Out the Only Thing Left to Lose Is Time

Birthday Girl

The hotel was boring me already and I had only been in it for five minutes since I got back from the park, all I could do was huff and roll around a bit to try and get comfortable on the bed. She was on my mind. I’m not sure what made me so drawn to her, all I know is that I want to spend more time with her.

There was a knock on my door. Alan. He barged in and grinned at me ‘Dude, get your ass ready. Aarons got us a party to go to!’

Alan loved to party, always the first there and last to leave if he can help it. ‘What party?’

‘His cousin is having a surprise party for her friend, he said we were all invited ‘cause she wants to see him, and what better way to meet up than a party, huh? Now get yourself ready, I wanna go!’

With a small laugh, I nodded and pulled myself up to go through my clothes. Eventually I settled on my black shirt with some skinny jeans, with a few twists of my hair here and there, I was ready to go.

Phil had got us a cab and Aaron told the driver where to go once we were all squished inside. I smiled when I remembered that Maybelle had saved her number in my phone, so I pulled it from my pocket and sent her an iMessage.

Hey Maaaybelle. What ya doin’? - Austin

It took her all of 4 minutes to respond. Yes, I was clock watching, anxious to know if she would reply or not.

Nothing, just getting ready to go out ;P She attached an image of her in a dress, it was a short knee length black and somewhat sparkly dress that accented her figure nicely, and of course, being a guy I noticed that it complimented her boobs nicely.

Before I could reply, we were at the party and I could hear the music to my friends band playing - Hollywood Undead.. It made me smile, at least they had good music taste.

The birthday girl wasn’t here yet, so we were ushered inside quickly because apparently they would be arriving shortly.
I went up to the bar to get the drinks in while they did the whole surprise thing, because I honestly didn’t feel right not knowing the person. I was just a guest of a friend. When I turned around with the drinks for myself and Tino, I caught a glimpse of the girl, though, she had her back turned and was hugging Aaron as his cousin introduced them to each other. I walked over and passed Tino his drink as the girl turned around to see who joined the group. I came face to face, well not literally, with Maybelle.

'Maybelle! You're the birthday girl?!’

‘You two know each other?’ Aarons cousin squealed and pulled us closer together ‘Oh! This is interesting!’

I couldn’t take my eyes of Maybelle, she looked absolutely stunning. ‘Why didn’t you say it was your birthday?’

Maybelle giggled and took the drink from my hand with a wink ‘Thanks, and because I never usually celebrate my birthday, that’s why.’ a fake gasp slipped past my lips as she took a rather large sip of my drink before handing it back to me whilst wiping her mouth carefully so she didn’t smudge her lip gloss. Her lips were plump and they looked so soft...

‘You wanna dance?’ But she never gave me time to answer as she grabbed my hand and dragged me to the dance floor, causing me to chuckle, setting my drink on a table we passed.

Her hands were in mine as she moved her feet quickly to the beat; she was clearly a good dancer. So I chuckled as I tried to keep up, she was making me look like a lame dancer! It wasn’t long before someone else came to take her away to dance with them, and I didn’t mind. She was the birthday girl, but I couldn’t take my eyes off her at all. There was just something about her that made me feel want to smile constantly.

A short while later, someone requested a song, which turned out to be Low - Sleeping With Sirens, another friends’ band. I noticed Maybelle’s eyes light up at the song; clearly she was a fan and she began to move to the the rhythm, her lip moving to the lyrics.

Captivated seemed to be the right word and I wanted to spend all my attention on her. She seemed so bubbly and outgoing, her whole presence was drawing me in, almost begging me to get to know her.

‘You’re staring at the birthday girl.’ Alan smirked and plopped down next to me, making me jump from his unexpected appearance. I thought he was off hitting on British girls. ‘You like her, don’t you?’

With a shake of my head, I responded ‘I only met her today, don't be stupid, dude.’
He quickly nudged me and laughed, ‘You don’t have to know someone five minutes to know you’re crushing on them, Austin. You’re also making it very obvious by staring at her whilst sitting here like a statue.’

I had to shake this feeling, but I couldn’t; literally, I wanted to spend all the time in the world with her, getting to know her, watching her smile and just listening to her talk. Quickly I stood up, deciding to head back to the hotel when she saw me and walked over ‘Leaving, Carlile?’

With a nod and smile, I responded ‘Yeah, gotta get some rest; I haven’t slept since the plane.’

Maybelle frowned, and I sure as hell didn’t like it. ‘Will I see you again? Soon perhaps?’

‘Belle,’ I grinned and took her hand softly, pulling her into a tight hug,’You have my number. Text me.’ I placed a kiss on the top of her head, wished her happy birthday once again and left for the hotel.

On the way back, my phone vibrated in my pocket, so I pulled it out and read it.

Nobody has called me Belle, since my Gran. Goodnight Austin, get back safe x

A warmth spread through me as I hopped into a cab, heading back to the hotel for some much needed sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to get this up! Been busy job hunting/setting up a business.