Death Is Closing In and Catching Up

Finding Out The Truth

Tre

What ever happened to true love? What ever happened to staying together? Were the thoughts of love and bliss part of my imagination? I chose something other than her. I chose the band. I wish I was with her now, she's dying. She was so lively and healthy. I can't believe her life is being shortened. What will happen to Harley. After seven years with out me she probably doesn't want to be with me. If Sandra leaves this earth, where will she go?


Tre sat on the couch of his Oakland home. He was in a melancholy mood and didn't want to be talked to at all. He sat there, staring out his window, deep in thought. A phone ringing somewhere in the house brought him back to earth. Tre got up from his perch and walked into the kitchen to grab the phone.
"Y'ello?" he asked jumping up onto the counter.
"Hey, Tre. It's Mike. Where are you?" the bassist asked from the other line.
"I'm home, dipshit. You fucking called my house phone. I thought you could have peiced that together," Tre snapped, not really wanting to deal with his band mates at the moment.
"Jesus Christ Tre! You don't have to go off on me!" Mike shouted at Tre from his end. Tre let out a sigh and shook his head. He hadn't meant to go off on Mike, but he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone.
"Sorry, Mike. I'm a little down in the dumps," the drummer said, letting out another sigh.
"What's wrong?" the bassist asked.

"You remember Sandra? Well she called last night. Hey, if you want to learn more come over, if not leave me the fuck alone," Tre said before hanging up. He set the phone down and jumped off the counter. His bad mood progressed as he walked up the stairs, into his room to get dressed properly. At the moment he was just wearing boxers and one of Green Day's band shirts. He was alone at the moment, since Claudia was at work. He walked into his room and collapsed on the bed and buried his face in the pillows. Tre closed his eyes and tried to think back. Back to when he and Sandra were going out. Back to when they broke up. He wondered what ever happened between them. He sighed again and rolled over onto his back, placing his arms behind his head. He closed his eyes and sighed. He wished he knew where Sandra lived so he could see his oldest daughter. Questions of what she looked, sounded, and acted like ran through his head. A phone ringing in the house brought him out of his thoughts. He groaned as he rolled over and reached for the phone.

"Y'ello?" he asked.
"Dad?" a little girl's voice asked. A voice he had never heard before.
"Who's this?" he asked sitting up in bed. He heard someone else talking in the background. The voice was instructing whoever that called him to give them the phone. There was a pause and a more familiar voice came through the receiver.
"Sorry, Tre. I didn't mean for Harley to bother you," Sandra said with a sigh.
"That was Harley?" Tre asked with a smile.
"Mm hmm," she hummed.
"Can I talk to her?" the drummer asked, his angry mood was lifted.
"Sure," Sandra said before handing the phone over to her daughter.
"Daddy, are you mad at me?" Harley asked.
*-*-*

Tre sat down on the couch. He was now fully dressed and watching TV. There was a knocking at the door that pulled his attention away from the dancing pictures on the screen. He stood up and stretched before walking to the door. He opened the door and was greeted by the angry face of Mike, and a very confused looking Billie.
"You had no right! No fucking right to go off on me," Mike said walking into the house and pointing an accusing finger at the drummer. Tre backed away from the bassist as he made an advance on the drummer.
"I'm sorry, okay?! I was in a pissy mood!" Tre shouted as he was backed into the wall.
"You were upset about a woman you lost seven years ago, Tre!" Mike shouted. Billie had walked into the house once Tre was backed up against the wall. He thought for a moment to figure out what the bassist was talking about. It then hit him, Sandra.
"Whoa, whoa, whoa! You're talking about Sandra, right?" he asked, stepping in between his two friends.
"Yeah, she called last night," Tre said moving away into the kitchen. He walked over to the fridge and opened the door before grabbing three beers. He took a seat at the table and motioned for his band mates to sit down as well. Billie and Mike, who was being led into the kitchen by the lead guitarist, walked into the kitchen and sat at the table, where a beer was promptly slid over to them.

"Why are you so upset about Sandra?" Billie asked, opening his beer and taking a sip before continuing, "I mean, she left you seven long years ago."
"Yes, I know that. She called me last night. She had been hiding a daughter from me for seven years. In fact last night was her seventh birthday," Tre said taking a sip of his beer as well.
"Really? What's her name?" Mike asked, forgetting he was angry at the drummer.
"Harley Marie Carter. I spoke to her today. She called," the drummer said with a smile, before taking another sip of beer.
"Is that why you were upset, because Sandra hid your daughter from you?" Billie asked.

"No. I'm not mad at her. I mean, sure, I'm upset she hid Harley from me, but its more about what she told me. Billie, Mike, she's dying. She's dying of breast cancer." Billie and Mike gasped, causing Tre to immediately start laughing. The two other men looked at him like he was an idiot.
"I'm sorry. I just feel like a desperate house wife telling her two best friends about her most tragic secret," Tre said laughing even more. Billie and Mike continued to look at the drummer as if he were an idiot.
"This isn't a laughing matter. Sandra's dying. And when she is gone, where's Harley going to go? What's going to happen to that little girl?" Mike asked, taking a sip of his beer. Tre sat back in his seat and thought for a moment. He shrugged his shoulders and sighed.
"I don't know, Mike. I just don't know," he whispered.