Status: I really would love to gain readers like I used to have on Quizilla.

Save the Best for Last

Save the Best For Last (A Jared Padalecki Story) Chapter One.

"Hurry, Vanessa! You're gonna be late for the bus!" My mother was yelling at me.

"Coming, Mom!" I said, putting on my finishing touch of mascara and running down the stairs.

"Love you!" I shouted to her, and running out the door to my bus stop.

It was my first day of 8th grade, and my first year riding the bus. My mom got a new job, and couldn't take me to school every morning anymore. So, she signed me up for the bus. I wasn't used to getting up this early. But no sooner did I reach the bus stop, did the bus turn around the corner. I sighed of relief, glad that I didn't miss it. The bus stopped in front of me, and I hopped on.

I looked around, I didn't see anyone I knew. I walked to the back of the bus, and took a seat. I grabbed my Ipod out of my pocket, and started listening to it. About ten minutes later, someone tapped my shoulder. I looked up and saw a kid about my age. He was skinny, and I had never seen him before. I took my headphones out and turned my Ipod off.

"Anyone sitting here?" He asked.

"Nope." I answered.

"Well, do you mind if I do?"

"Uh, no. Go ahead." I gave him a friendly smile.

"I'm Jared." He told me as he sat down.

"Oh, I'm Vanessa." I said, and we talked the whole bus ride.

I smiled at the memory. That was the day I met Jared Padalecki. We had been best friends since that day, I don't know what I would do without him. We're now 25, and Jared is a huge star. He's an actor in the show 'Supernatural' with Jensen Ackles. I had become pretty close with Jensen, too.

But, Jared and Jensen were away for three months to film something for Supernatural. I missed them to much, its been two and a half months. They should be home in a week or two. If I didn't have my best friend since 7th grade, Liz, I wouldn't know what to do while Jensen and Jared were away.

At the moment, I was sitting on my couch in the house I shared with Liz. I had just gotten home from work a few hours ago. I worked at a pretty popular daycare, and made a decent amount of money. I love kids, I always have so this was a perfect job for me. Liz worked as a nurse at the local hospital, she loved her job as well. She got off work an hour ago, but she still hasn't come home. I wondered why she wasn't home yet, so I picked up my cell phone and dialed Liz's number.

"Hello?" She picked up. Her voice sounded eager and cheerful.

"Hey, its me. You sound happy," I told her.

"I am, and you will be too. Trust me, I'll be home in 5. Oh and for dinner, save room for two more guests. Bye!" She laughed and hung up.

I raised an eyebrow slightly as I put my phone in my pocket. Liz was always like that, so I didn't really think much of it. I wondered who could be coming for dinner. Probably just some of her friends from work or something. I got up and pulled out the chickens I had marinaded last night. Good thing I made extra, now we had enough for the guests.

About 15 minutes later, Liz burst through the door with the biggest smile ever. I was about halfway done with dinner, but I stopped what I was doing and approached her.

"Seriously, why are you so happy?" I asked her.

My questions were answered when Jensen and Jared walked slowly through my front door. A wide smile spread across my face as I ran to attack Jared.

"JARED!" I shouted, leaping into his arms.

"Hey Nessa," Jared said, picking me up and spinning me around.

I giggled, then he set me down. I also shouted Jensen's name, attacking him as well.

"What are you guys doing here?!" I asked.

I looked them both up and down. They looked the same as when they left a few months ago, just as good looking as usual. Jared still had his shaggy brown hair, and Jensen still had his short hair. And of course, Jared still towered over everyone with his freakishly tall self. I was the shortest one of our little group, I always had been.

"We finished filming early, and we made sure the first thing we did was come see you two. We passed Liz walking out of work on the way here, so we met up with her." Jensen explained.

"That's awesome! I'm so happy to see you guys," I smiled, giving them each another hug.

I glanced at Liz to see her staring at Jensen. I smirked knowingly. Liz had always had a thing for Jensen, whether she liked to admit it or not. I thought they'd be perfect together, and everyone else thought so as well. Everyone was waiting for the day they'd get together. We walked into the kitchen, I finished dinner and the four of us ate together. Reminiscing old memories, and being reminded on how much we all missed one another. I barely even get to talk to Liz because she's been so busy with work lately.

Once we had all finished with dinner, we decided to sit outside on the deck. We all sat in a folding chair, staring at the sky. It was about 7, and it wasn't dark yet. We were in the month of May now, the very beginning. I couldn't wait for summer. Cookouts, bonfires, swimming, and more. Summer always put me in the best of moods no matter what.

We all went back into the house, and we noticed that Jared and Jensen were yawning.

"You guys seem pretty tired," I stated.

"Yeah, really tired."

"You guys just wanna crash here tonight? I have one extra bedroom. One could take the couch, one could take the bedroom. Its up to you two to decide," I explained to them.

As soon as I ended the part about the bedroom or couch, they started a game of rock, paper, scissors. Jensen ended up winning the bedroom, and wouldn't stop rubbing it in Jared's face. The four of us laughed, then I realized I was pretty tired myself. Both Jensen and Liz went upstairs to sleep.

"Night guys," Jared and I said to them.

So, it left my best friend since 8th grade and I.

"I missed you, Nessa. Its been 3 months but it felt like a year. You have no clue," Jared told me, shaking his head slightly.

"I kinda do. I missed you too, a lot." I replied.

Jared smiled, leaning down to give me yet another hug. I took in his scent, and as I went to bed that night I finally admit to myself that I was in love. I was in love with my best friend, Jared Padalecki. Shit.
♠ ♠ ♠
It starts off slow, but I feel like the story will get better as it keeps going. (: