Alcohol Does Shit to You

1

Of course my mom was forcing me to go with my older brother in Atlanta, just because I had done a few things wrong in the passed couple of months she was kicking me out. I had seen it coming though, my mom always favored my younger sister so why would it matter anyways? It mostly just hurt because I did everything in my power to make her and my dad proud, yet they ignored me. Not once have I ever heard a thank you or any sign of appreciation, I haven't ever gotten rewarded so why am I complaining.

Sure I was happy to get away from her - her always screaming at me for nothing or calling me every name in the damn book - but at the same time I was going to miss my friends. My best friend, Trina, who I've known since I was one was going to be here, in Ohio, while I was in LA with my brother Ryan.

Yep, you guessed it, my older brother is Ryan Good. If you don't know Ryan, you might recognize him as Justin Bieber's "swag coach" (cough faggot cough) or the guy that chose his wardrobe. I mean, sure being his sister has its perks, but at the same time it's hard. I never know if someone's talking to me because they like me or if they like the fact that I have a 'connection' to Justin Bieber. You think I'd have met him but nope, I don't really have a desire to anyways though. I mean yeah I respect him and his music and everything, but I don't understand why people freak out so fucking much. I'm not gonna lie he's pretty cute but he's not a god or anything.
Anyways -

I just wanted to crawl up in my room, on my laptop or reading a book.. but no, I had to pack for LA. I'm from Ohio, how am I going to last in a big city in California? Truthfully, I can't stand my parents anymore. Ever since I started 11th grade, my parents have been on my ass about making sure every single one of my A's stayed as they were. They have never said anything along the lines of a "good job" or "I'm proud of you", so sometimes I don't even know why I try so hard. I work my ass off to make them proud, I mean I take every high level and honors class with straight A's. I have a 4.0 gpa yet they still ignore me.

I sighed as I patted down the stack of shirts I had set in the large black suitcase so I could fit my many pairs of pants. How the hell was I supposed to fit all of my shit into two suitcases? I frowned at the many piles of clothes, makeup, and personal hygiene items sitting on my bed waiting to be packed. I plopped down on my bed, tired from the 2 hours I had already spent just picking out my stuff.

Grabbing my phone off of the charger I unlocked it, seeing no texts, no missed calls, no nothing. I groaned in frustration, of course Trina had forgotten what time to come over, again. I swear, even though she's a year older she's so damn irresponsible. I don't even consider her the 'older sister', that's so me. I tapped angrily on my Android, yes I have an Android sorry my parents think I don't 'deserve' it.

to: Trina

ill beat you


I threw it back down beside me as I stared at it, she knew this was my last night to be here. Is she really that stupid to get them mixed up. As I was about to call her I heard someone running up the stairs, finally.

"I'm here I'm here!" Trina yelled as she burst through the door, making me laugh to myself silently. Her short black hair was going in different directions from running, making her feel the need to mess up the stuff packed to find a brush.

I leaned back on my elbows, clearly not amused. "Nice, I just worked 2 hours on that." I shook my head, what did I look like to her?

She rolled her eyes at me, "Cry about it," she kicked her flip flops off and turned towards me. "So, what time are you leaving again?" she asked, looking at the piles of stuff everywhere.

"10:30 I have to be at the airport," I sighed, tears coming to my eyes already. I didn't want to leave my friends, my school, my home. Like I said, I couldn't stand my parents, but what about all of my friends at school? What about Trina? We've never been separated for more than 2 weeks, how was I gonna deal with all these adults and not my best friend? Oh god, what if she got a new best friend?

All of these thoughts ran through my mind before her voice interrupted, "Hey, don't worry. You've always wanted to leave, right? You're better off without your mom anyways. You know that she treats you like complete shit, if you don't get out now then who knows how far she's gonna push you." I looked at her and forced a small smile, "I guess."

I tried to laugh it off when I saw both of our phones light up, I ignored it and scooted closer to my best friend. "What is it?"

Trina make an ooooh noise and showed her phone to me, my face felt hot as I saw the boy on the screen. "Jake snapchatted me," she rose her eyebrows at me before I quickly grabbed my phone to see the one he sent me. Jake was the guy I like at school, we were close you could say, getting into playful fights all the time and constantly getting in trouble for talking in French and English.

I groaned and tried to hide my smile, "Why is he so fucking hot, seriously I don't get how someone could be so attractive" I studied his dark brown hair and light blue eyes as he made a funny face with his friend, Alex - I scoffed - in the picture before it finally closed after the 10 second time limit. I frowned, I wish I was the one taking cute pictures with him. His smile was to die for really, he always sent me one of the cutest smiles whenever he knew he won an argument. It made me melt inside.

Alex was his best friend, I mean I loved her and she was my friend too, but he always payed attention to her. She was so freaking gorgeous too, I knew he liked her since he was in first grade too. He told me he only gave up because she was too good for him, of course it made me jealous to the point that I left to go to the restroom for a minute.

"What if Jake stops talking to me, I mean he never texts me or anything. We only talk in school.." I whispered as I looked down at the floor.

"He will, come on, you know that he's been flirting a lot lately. You two will be fine." she reassured me as she grabbed the remote, turning on the tv as we began to start packing the rest of my stuff.

------------------------------

"Get off my fucking back mom! I can't take your goddamn bullshit anymore, jesus christ fuck off!" I screamed at her as I slammed the car door, hopping out of the van so I could grab my suitcases from the trunk.

I heard a higher pitched voice yelled behind me, "I can't wait until you're gone, fucking failure."

Ouch.

Of course, my mom flipped over some dumb shit before we left to the airport. I heard footsteps behind me, probably Trina's. "Camille, slow the fuck down! I know you're tall and you have long legs but hello I'm short."

I turned around and she almost ran right into me, making me laugh to myself. "You're such a dumbass," I smiled, surprisingly.

"Hey hey now, I can still beat the fuck out of you." I flinched as she pretended to lift her arm. She's not lying about beating me up, I was a wimp. Oops.

I shook my head as she cracked up at my small flinch, looking down at my phone to see that it was 10:24. I cringed, the time was ticking down until my departure from my hometown.

"But hey, cheer up. I don't wanna spend my last couple of minutes with my best friend with her being a little bitch." Trina always cheered me up somehow. Mostly her witty side remarks was just enough.

I shrugged as I saw my mom, dad, and little sister walk up behind her. I rolled my eyes,

Trina turned around and her smirk faded as she saw my mom, no one liked my mom and Trina was the one who despised her. "Hey Bob," she greeted my dad. They were pretty cool when my dad decided not to be a dick.

He ignored her and walked up to me, wrapping his arms around me. He was a quiet guy, he never showed his feelings. I squeezed lightly, showing my appreciation for him showing even the slightest bit of affection. My dad let go and pushed my mom towards me, "Come on apologize, she has 10 minutes." I heard his deep voice.

My mom came forward and tried to hug me and tell me she loved me, she always did shit like that. I pushed her off, "yeah love ya too." I scoffed.

I suddenly felt someone grab me and squeeze me tightly, it was my little sister Julie. "Bye Camille." I smiled softly, I hated her sometimes but she was my sister. C'mon.

"I'll miss you," I hugged her back.

Next came the hardest part, the part I was so reluctant to get to. It was finally here.

Tears came to my eyes and I couldn't hold them back anymore, they spilled over and slid down my cheeks. I dropped my suitcase and wrapped my arms around my best friend tightly, "I'm gonna miss you so much!" we both said in unison.

After a couple of seconds of hugging, I heard a loud voice over the speakers. "Ladies and gentleman, Flight 143 to Los Angeles will be boarding."

I stopped crying and wiped my eyes, "I love you." I said to Trina as I picked up my suitcases and began walking away.

As I got to the gate I turned around to wave when I heard my mom yell, "Tell your brother we love him!" Of course.

I could tell Trina was crying, surprisingly, so was Julie. I sighed and walked onto the plane.

----------------------

to: Ryan

on my way