The End of My Story

Heart to heart

1/27

Neal took me out to lunch today, said I need to get out of the house way more than I do now. We went down to this burger joint downtown.

Then we walked around and went in local shops. We went inside a smoke shop, it smelled like incense burning. There were signs saying must be 18 years old to enter, but they didn’t check my ID or anything. Neal bought a pretty blue swirled hookah and strawberry flavored tobacco.

We got home after that and smoked hookah in his room, after a little while I felt a little more relaxed and we had a heart to heart conversation.

“Nila,” he said. “What the hell is going on in your brain?”

I laughed a little and shook my head.

He took another puff from the hookah hose. “I’m being serious, you worry me man.”
I shrugged my shoulders, getting quiet.

He passed me the hose, “You only leave the house when there’s school or when I drag you out.”

“I have no reason to leave,” I said, sucking the smoke in.

“You don’t have any friends? You have to talk to someone at school.”

“No Neal, I don’t have friends. I don’t need any of those fucking idiots telling me about their day or asking me mediocre questions and me giving smart ass answers and them not catching my sarcasm at all.”

“God, Vanilla it cannot be that bad.”

Vanilla, he’s been calling be that since I was a little girl.

“If you only knew. . . People just annoy the crap out of me. You are the absolute only person I can deal with and talk to and Neal. I love you so much. You are the best brother in the world.”

Tears stung my eyes when I said that, I don’t know why I get so emotional.

“I love you too Nila.”

He stood up, made me stand up and gave me a big hug. We sat back down, smoked more hookah then I went to my room and began writing in you Journal. . . I guess I’ll give you a name. I’ll think about it later. . .

Anyways, I adore my brother. He’s the only one that actually cares about me in this whole world. And his personality doesn't match how he actually looks. He looks like he can be a real asshole, but actually he has the biggest heart and is really sweet, well at least for me he is. . .

I found a photo I took of him on his 19th birthday, two years back. I made him cupcakes that morning; they were all just for him although I snagged a few.

I’ll leave the photo in you, Shyla. . . That’s what I’ll call you, Shyla.
♠ ♠ ♠
Click the highlighted photo link to see the photo of Nila's big brother