Status: May be slow at times

Behind the Mask

Secrets

ZACKY'S P.O.V

Everyone has secrets. Even the happiest, richest, most powerful people, have secrets. My secrets were more physical than mental though. Many keep secrets of their thoughts. I keep secrets of my past. Many of my secrets aren't exactly pleasing to reveal either. Such as my childhood and what I went through. I was a victim of abuse from when I was about 3-years-old to when I was 12. You'd figure I'd be traumatized and I was. After my father, who had been the one to abuse me for those many years, was caught I was sent to live with my mother, who had been caring. Those years of abuse left me scarred. After about a month of living with my mother, I had become her worst nightmare. I became rebellious and I started to change, in all ways. I would get in trouble at school from fighting, talking back, stealing, vandalism, and worst of all I started to do weed. I had known a few older kids who dealed and they'd give me weed in exchange for a favor such as stealing them booze.

Pretty much I was turning into a little devil, in my mother's eyes. I had started to self-harm. Small things such as snapping, and cutting, were what I mainly did. I even stole money from her to buy myself small gifts. I was like this till I turned 16. Then, I realized I had been making mistakes. So, I had gotten my ass off the couch and went back to school. Although I was still in school I would only go maybe twice a week. I had cleaned up my image, yet still kept aspects of it. I met people who had to go through some of the same shit as me and we helped eachother get it together. That's why my past stays a secret today, except for my 2 friends who know about my past, Jimmy Sullivan and Johnny Seward. We were those little dipshits who liked to piss people off and didn't really give a fuck what people thought of us. We lived life, going through the many obstacles thrown at us. We were glad we had ended up like this and we wouldn't give up our lives for the world.

BRIAN'S P.O.V

Many people think "Synyster Gates", and they think of me. Why? Well, that's because that's the nickname I have earned. You may see me and think I have it all, but nobody's ever wondered, what's hidden behind the mask? What secrets do I keep hidden? Nobody has ever asked me those questions, and I'm quite glad they don't. You may wonder, why don't I want to share these things? Well, that's because my life...is all one big lie. I don't have it all. Truly all I have is a raggedy apartment I have to pay for. I have a job as a cashier at target. People think I have immense amounts of money cause my father is Brian Haner Sr. but the truth is, that HE has an immense amount of money. I have about $20 in my wallet, but that's it. The girls at my school love me cause they think I'm rich, hell even some teachers have a thing for me. I ignore that though. I'm a popular guy along with my friend Matt, or Shadows, as a lot of people call him.

My worst secret though is my addiction. I tend to drink and smoke a lot. At my age of 17 I can get a lot of shit by just telling people my father is Brian Haner Sr. That's how I got my fake ID and that's how I get people to do what I want. They don't know that my father has no idea I use his name to get what I want. Most of the stuff I sign for, I use my father's name. Its not like he's gonna notice a few hundred bucks missing from his millions. Now you may wonder, well why doesn't my dad give me money, he is rich after all? Well, that's because he's a dick who doesn't want anything to do with me. I do visit him though, but that's only to see my sister McKenna and my step-mom Suzy, who live with him. Suzy helps me out and will sometimes give me money, even when I say no. So, now you see what's hidden behind the mask I wear.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is a type of Prologue for my story and I apologize for its shortness. I'm excited to see how it's gonna turn out. This is my first story so sorry if it's not interesting, but I'll try my best to make it good. I hope you'll leave a comment and sorry for any mistakes.