Uncontrollable Changes

The Creature

I must have fallen asleep because as I open my eyes I am blinded by a ray of sun shining through my curtains. I don't want to think about yesterday but I must try to understand what happened and why. "What time is it?" I mumble as I roll to face my clock. It's almost 10am on a Sunday morning and I lay there just thinking.

If my mum can't help me, I have to find my dad. I think to myself. But where do I start? I haven't seen my dad since my 13th birthday, that was almost 6 years ago.

My dad disappeared the day after my birthday, leaving only a note to my mum.
It now controls me
Goodbye my love
xx

Was scribbles on it in a red, almost blood coloured, ink. At the time I didn't know what he meant by that. But now I might understand. I'm not the first one to go through this.

I decide to go for a shower, I still have a faint smell of blood on me from yesterday. After my shower I walk to the kitchen, wearing my red skinny jeans and a tight black singlet. My mum is sitting at the table, she looks up at me. She knows what I'm going to do and there's nothing she can do to stop me.

She stands and walks past me. I feel her hand touch mine, as I look down I see the note my dad had left. I open my hand and notice something written on the back of it. It's an address. Something I hadn't seen before. I recognize the address but from where?

It's the address my grandma lived at before she died. I haven't been there since she died. I can't remember what it looks like. That the first place I will look for my dad.

I make a coffee and head back to my bedroom. I find my leather jacket, tie my hair up and put my makeup on. Just simple makeup today, foundation and eyeliner. I soon finish my coffee and pull on my black leather boots. The keys for my bike are on the kitchen table and I grab them as I put my coffee cup in the sink.

As I walk to the door my mum grabs me by the arm. "Your father knew this would happen, if not to you than to your brother." My mum says. My brother is almost 25 and nothing like this has happened to him. "He left to find answers. Try and find a way to stop it happening to you." She said.

Now I know why my dad left us like he did. He didn't want to hurt us. I pull my arm from my mums grips and walk from the house. My bike is already in the driveway, I get on it and soon I'm driving away from the house. I ride for almost an hour before I find the address.

It looks as though no ones been there in years. I ride to the back of the house and get off my bike. The doors have been torn from the hinges and lay in the rose beds beside.

What happened here? I remember this house smelling of fresh baking and roast dinners. Now the house is empty and dark. Something moves in the distance. It feels as though I should run from it, but I can't. The movement could be my dad or something else. I grab grandmas old walking stick and move slowly towards the living room.

My eyes meet that of the creatures and it turns away. I drop the walking stick and fall to my knees. I've seen those eyes before, I recognize them and they know of me. Even though they aren't the eyes of a human the soul behind belongs to one.

I could only make out the shape of a large, hairy creature before our eyes met. The eyes of the creature were large and the brightest blue that could be imagined.